Pet wishlist

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

This idea:

is cool, and I would use it for Subeta.
33%
is cool, and I would use it for Neopets.
26%
is cool, and I would use it for both.
21%
is useless to me but is still cool.
21%
is useless to me and shouldn't exist.
No votes

Total votes: 39

Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Re: Pet wishlist

Post by Alicorn »

I love this idea! I'd mostly use it for Subeta. There are so many pets I'd love to have but don't have the room right now. So being able to put them all in one place would be great. Be so much easier to look at them when I do decide on a new pet or decide to change one I already have. I'd also enjoy seeing other's wishlist as well. I enjoy looking at people's pets a lot so being able to look at pets they are planning to get would be fun too (if it's doable that is).
So yay to the brains behind it, Ty for posting about it and to Jazzy willing to make it possible! XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Personally, I'd use the crap out of this. So yay! Topher and Bon for thinking it up, and yes, Jazzy is totally awesome. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I love this idea. I'll be adding another pet slot to my Subeta account when I get my next loyalty box and having a place to keep all my "potentials" would be awesome.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Okay:

How many slots do people want? For Neopets, I was thinking a section of "pets I want to have" and "pets I want for their clothes only". How many slots for each? Subeta people, how many slots do you want total?

This will be implemented after two things happen: the questions need answering, at least for rough numbers, and the forum needs to be upgraded to the new version of phpBB. I intend to do that soonish, depending on how I'm feeling (I won't bore you with the details, but I've been unwell and mostly off uni since mid-January, so my capacity for work has diminished somewhat). Naturally, because this will use the forum logins, I don't want to implement it and then have to change it because of phpBB changes, so it'll have to happen in that order.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

For Subeta, at least 5 slots. You get 5 pets to start with, a GA gives you another 5, and then you have to slowly earn more pet slots over time, so 5 would still work then. I can't imagine needing more than 10, on the higher end.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Hmm, I think it depends on how people intend to use the wishlist. I'd definitely like the higher end for Subeta, since when I make my Excel charts of Pets I Want, I've often had a dozen pets pasted in to choose between. I like to see all the possibilities on one page, so I can directly compare them and decide what will work the best on my account.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

That's true! Okay, more like 10 then. Haha.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Now that all active Subeta users have gotten an extra pet slot, I've started thinking about the pet wishlist feature again. (Thus the bumping of this topic. =) ) Are other people still interested in this idea? I'd still really love it - I have two pet slots open, and I always spend ages going through every pet color and making my own charts. I'd guess that a lot of people would use this feature now, since I'm sure everyone here is excited about making a new pet, but maybe not set on *which* pet they want yet.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Yeah, I'd still find it really useful. I got another loyalty box right before the free pet slot, so I have two slots open and I'm not sure how to use them. It sounds like Keith is changing the way pet slots/mystical plushies/totems work, so I might have an opportunity for even more pretty soon, as will many others. Regardless, lots of people have at least one new pet slot, so there'd be lots of action going on to help test it and work out bugs and see what everyone likes/dislikes etc. In terms of maximizing its usefulness, seems like now would be a good time to implement this feature, although I have to admit I really have no idea how much work it involves to build. I just like pets! Pets pets pets.

/helpful
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I do still intend to do this, but real life has been kicking me fairly hard these last few months; I've been struggling to keep on top of university and then summer placements while not getting ill (whenever I have time off, it's spent mostly lying in bed). It's on my todo list!...but it's a long list, and right now involves, for example, reading 20 pages on wound management and 40 on obesity and malnutrition by tomorrow.

If you have any specific points for me to note, please let me know - how many pet options you want to be able to list, that sort of thing. The less I'm working out for myself, the faster it'll be :) If someone was really bored, you could make me a simple mockup in Paint or Word...