Forum upgraded, and scheduled downtime

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Forum upgraded, and scheduled downtime

Post by Jazzy »

The forum has received a long-overdue upgrade, jumping from 3.0.8 to 3.0.10. The changes are mostly behind-the-scenes bugfixes and should make very little visible difference to how the forum looks.

That said, I've managed to cock up a tiny part of it, as you will see instantly from looking at this topic: the way it displays profile boxes next to posts (or, er, now doesn't). I'll be fixing that soon, probably either tonight or Wednesday.

If you run into any problems, such as weird error messages or being unable to do something (post, send PMs, moderator actions, etc) get in touch with me any of the following ways:
- email me at foreverundecided at wingedspirit dot net
- neomail me on essexweirdo
- PM me here

Thanks!

Additionally, on the 20th January (Friday of this week) there will be a period of downtime as the server NC is hosted on is upgraded. I don't know how long it'll last, but don't anticipate it dragging on for too long; we're expecting a few hours, perhaps.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Re: Forum upgraded, and scheduled downtime

Post by thelonetiel »

You're the greatest Jazzy! Thanks for the upgrade, I'm sure it'll be worth slightly awkward avatar positions temporarily. And thanks for the downtime warning, I'll just have to remember it and not freak out.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Well after the initial WTF I have decided I find this change refreshing (at least for a little while?) Thanks for all your hard work!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Is this why something looks subtly wrong about the main box at the top of the forum index? Goodness knows what's changed, probably just four pixels have moved or something, but I was worrying it was me going mad.

As for the user icons, think of it as providing a little surprise as to whose post you've been reading *grin*

Thanks as ever for all your hard work maintaining this place.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Thanks for keeping us informed, and also for keeping the NC in tip-top condition as always :-) A little bit of layout re-arrangement I can live with for a while.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Downtime over and done with, apologies for the length! This was due to slowness on our hosts' end. There's going to be a delay in sorting out the post display, though, because I have a project deadline on the 26th. The site has been moved to a new server; if anything seems to be acting up, get in touch with me using the methods in the first post.