Misc. and Achievements/Woe

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Misc. and Achievements/Woe

Post by lavender »

Can these be split into two different topics? I think Miscellaneous is bit too broad and will become really cluttered. As it is right now, most of the posts in there seem to be achievements or woes.

I know some prefer less topics, whereas I'd prefer maybe a *few* more. But if nobody else sees the need for it, I can get used to it eventually. Just thought I'd ask :)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I dunno. I'd like to see how it goes for a couple weeks. AatoW often had posts with 0 replies because there's only so many ways you can say Congratulations to some random good thing. This way might encourage meatier posts. Mmm...meat.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I agree with Huggles. The two boards overlapped a lot anyway, so I think we should at least try them combined. If the traffic is too high, we can always split it later.
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

Why not just make a sticky thread for the achievements/woes? That way people can post their groans or cheers quickly and it'll just be one thread, rather then having an entire forum dedicated to "Yea! I painted my pet today, boo I love it in the pound." It would unclutter this board of all those posts and then there wouldn't be a need for another forum board.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Nah, individual threads is more satisfying, even when they don't get responses. ^_^
Image Image
Zap

Post by Zap »

Misc certainly feels cluttered to me...
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Me too. I peek in, and there's so, so many topics, I never know where to start, and most of the time, leave without reading much of anything. And I hate that, as I try to read everything here.

It's just that there's so much stuff and it's all over the place, and that frustrates me. I can deal with stuff, lots of stuff, but unorganized stuff kind of bugs me.

At the moment, it kind of feels like one big random mess. Which I guess makes sense, it is the Misc. section, but... I don't know. I'd like a little more division.
Deku

Post by Deku »

I agree...I think Misc and AatoW should be split.... there are so many AatoW threads in the middle of everything else.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*points to Zap, Shmoe, and Deku*

What they said.

I'd really like it if AaToW had its own house; it would make Misc. seem a great deal less cluttered.

For that matter, I think a PetPet forum wouldn't go amiss. It still seems weird to me to see petpet matching threads in Aesthetics. 0.o
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Deku

Post by Deku »

Kamil wrote:For that matter, I think a PetPet forum wouldn't go amiss. It still seems weird to me to see petpet matching threads in Aesthetics. 0.o
*blinks* That too.

Not only would it separate petpet matching threads, that way we wouldn't have stuff like new petpet colours in New Features, which already has new colours and everything else new.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah. Having the new colors and new features lumped in together doesn't seem as strange to me, since new colors is intrinsically low-traffic (even if it is ostensibly the point of this site) but I really think Msc and AaToW need to be split apart.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

A vote for a split from me to.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Yeah, I rarely look in on aesthetics, but I used to check the petpet matching forum all the time. And I liked achievements/tales of woe separate from miscellaneous, but then again I kind of like them together too-- so I'm conflicted. On the one hand, it encouraged a lot more posts about achievements, and even when I didn't reply to say congratulations or anything, it was still interesting to me to see what was up in the Neopian lives of our forum members-- a kind of check in or update to see who had a new pet, purchased a paint brush, sold off a petpet, got a difficult avatar, etc. So it encouraged people to post those more often when we had a specific forum for it. But on the other hand, it's true that there's overlap, and a lot of interesting threads have developed having them both combined-- I'm torn.