Neocolours directory for Subeta Pets

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

I would like this to be linked:

Poll ended at 25 Oct 2006 10:26 pm

on the front page of the Neocolours mainsite
87%
in a stickied thread here
13%
someplace else (please specify)
No votes

Total votes: 55

bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

The addiction will slowly spread, too. It took quite a while for me to get roped in, but last night I looked through the new Subeta pet directory and started actually planning out what pets I want...and I think I'm hooked now. It might be a passing phase for some people, but for the most part I think subeta'll be sticking around on our browsers for some time yet.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Yeah, now that I've gotten into it I'm just as addicted as I was too neopets, perhaps more so. I won't be getting bored of it anytime in the near future. xD
Image Image
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I'm not a Subeta player; I checked it out about a year ago, just didn't get that into it. That said, I think a link should be added to the main page of neocolours. I am far from a snob about such things and subeta and neopets are very similar games, it makes sense that people who play one might be interested in another. I can't see any harm with having the two sites closely associated.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I was originally opposed to a link on the main page, but now I've read the arguments and I'm okay with one if it's unobtrusive. It seems to be something a lot of people want, so if it's not bothering anyone else I see no reason why not.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

This is probably more than those who don't play Subeta would like to see everyday, but I think a set up like this would be cool:

Image Image Image
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

oh, no thanks! It's going to look like a mess if we attempt to put a line of 200x200px pets below a set of 150x150px ones. And there is absolutely no way in hell that I could code a cookie to remember preferences for how many Subeta pets to display. Then there's the fact that we're going to need a new footer for any page with Subeta pets on and Neopets ones, because they probably require a copyright disclaimer. "Images and names copyright 2000-2005 Neopets, Inc except where they're copyright ####-2006 subeta.org. All rights reserved."
Last edited by dandelions on 14 Oct 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Oh well, I suppose it is much easier to do in PSP.
Image Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Hm, perhaps for the Subeta database you could put a link up on the front page, then make a different colored layout with a banner, kinda like what most sites do with their sister sites...
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm totally for a text link that says "Subeta", with no graphical interface or anything. I don't play Subeta, largely because the last thing I need at the moment is more distractions, and I don't want to see pictures of Subeta pets on Neocolours. A text link will be unobtrusive and will mean that people can get to the site just fine. It doesn't need tassels and bells and whistles.
Keith

Post by Keith »

JazzyMod wrote:oh, no thanks! It's going to look like a mess if we attempt to put a line of 200x200px pets below a set of 150x150px ones. And there is absolutely no way in hell that I could code a cookie to remember preferences for how many Subeta pets to display. Then there's the fact that we're going to need a new footer for any page with Subeta pets on and Neopets ones, because they probably require a copyright disclaimer. "Images and names copyright 2000-2005 Neopets, Inc except where they're copyright ####-2006 subeta.org. All rights reserved."
And from personal experiance, I doubt viacom will like neopets & subeta mixing.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

voila! Site now linked on the main page, site options moved to the global footer, copyright notice updated, new subeta banner added, "compare with" text readded and psp sworn at. Let me know if anything's not right.

Pets in the banner: bloodred kumos, sun dillema, gold feli, green lasarus, green pherret, blue telenine, purple darkonite and arid donadak in the background.
tupajumikka

Post by tupajumikka »

Is someone really keeping this thingie up?
I mean.. latest colours aren't so latest anymore :P

Otherwise I like it very much and it's really helpful.
Is it possible to add mutant pets there as well?