News posts on the front page: content

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

What would you like to see included in the news?

Just pet colours
42%
Pet and petpet colours
35%
Anything which could appear on New Features
11%
Any news about Neopets at all
11%

Total votes: 62

oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

It does make sense, Will. However, personally I'd like to keep that sort of thing to a minimum - many of the examples I can think of would do as well or better as forum topics. I'm not sure how to word this, but we're going to be choosing people because we like the way they rate pets - not to become the spokesmen of the site, which I kind of feel like posting any random topic would imply. Remember, it'll be in a very visible location.

Of course there are exceptions. If there was a major cookie-grabbing thing, maybe, or Neopets was featured on TV or something - I think that sort of thing would be fine, and maybe even talking about trends in art (since that still relates to the pets).
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Only important stuff other than pet colors should be discussed.

Or, really funny ones.

I'm not sure most people care about new tiled backgrounds, right?
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Pet colours. It's what we're known for, it's our little (unique?) niche. I'd like to see us concentrate on that aspect.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Madge

Post by Madge »

Pet colours only.

Sam didn't comment on anything other than pet colours, and other sites have a list of every single item that was released every day. We don't need that.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I voted for pet and petpet colors. Because, well, I don't know why now. *shrugs* I'd like the keep petpets optionable mainly if a painted petpet comes out that resembles a pet and such, but that's I suppose that's something people should be free to mention because of the nature of the site. Anyway, I think the other newsworthy events and such should be left up to the forums.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I say pet and petpet colors. "Neocolours" does not specify pet or petpet. ;D

Really though, just because I think the two are closely enough related that they could both be part of newsposts, but items and all that is normally discussed in the forum itself if we think the items/whathaveyou are noteworthy enough anyway.
<3
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I voted just pet colors, but I also think major news (ie, cookie grabbers, glitches that are a risk to items or NP, that sort of thing) would be OK.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I voted pets and petpets both, but I could VERY well be pleased with it just being pets and let PPC have the petpets as their own specialty. Besides, we've got the forums where people generally are quick to point out new petpet colors and start the commentary.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I think we should have the old four-newest-colours thing on the front page, and underneath have a little thing that says something about the date and day, like, "today is Yurble Day, the fourth of giving!" or something like that. Yeah, I don't think Neocolours needs anything too fancy, I always just came for the community.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I voted for pet colors only. I liked the idea of including petpet colors, too, but think that would only really make sense if we had a petpet database too. I don't think there should be posts about all the items and backgrounds and stuff released, because like others have said, there are a ton of sites with that stuff. I could see maybe a "newsflash" every now and then if there was a big cookie-grabber issue or glitches with the bank or shops or whatever, but that's it.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

The main problem with the "it's __ today" is that the forums run on GMT and the news posts probably will, too (it being my timezone so the easiest for me to install with), but that would have to run to NST. If it'll work, though, I think that'd be a nice thing to have.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I personally also rarely visit the frontpage, so I guess it's not actually a big deal to me. However, I've never understood the point of having a page of a fansite that just flashes up all the new items, petpets, etc. I mean, that's what I read New Features on Neopets for. Once the fansite news starts approaching New Features in length there's really no advantage.
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

I would say new pets and important other news (such as a new world opening, or the commencement of a new plot).

So I guess that means I should vote for the last option, but I really don't want the news to say about every item released and who won what competition etc. etc.
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

Does anyyone know a close date on when the front page might be fixed?
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Basketball wrote:Does anyyone know a close date on when the front page might be fixed?
Read the threads in this forum.

The short answer is - No. It's being worked on and it will be fixed when it's fixed. <strike>Whining</strike> Asking constantly doesn't make it go faster.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.