An open discussion on the moderating team.

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

An open discussion on the moderating team.

Post by Jazzy »

I've been hearing murmurs on livejournal and aim about some of the things we've been doing. Since we're a democratically elected team (for those of you that've joined us more recently, we had mod elections in November '03 and November '04, rather than making it admin decision) then really, you guys should be able to voice your opinions on what we're doing, and there's no public feedback forum right now. (That's another thing- do you want one of those? All I remember it really being used for was strange attacks and Russian spam.)

Tell us your honest opinion on what we're doing, and if you feel you need to, you can post anonymously and we won't check your IP.
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

This is why this forum is so much different to most all others.[/point]

I have no problems with you.

Carry on.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

:blink: I subescribe to the NC livejournal community and I haven't been getting any posts about the mods or anything else much.

What are the issues people are having? It doesn't seem to me like there's much moderation at all here, really, so not much to complain about. Or is that the nature of the complaint?
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The few complaints I've seen, here and there, were not related to the mods... And as Wingsrising said, you guys don't even do all that much (possibly because the forum is still new?) so I don't think anybody could have a problem with it. I certainly don't.
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I like you guys; you're low-key and jump on people who are really annoying.

Zero issues.

ETA: Sorry, Dead Webby, I edited the typo out after you quoted it. Everyone -- the typo was my stupidity, not Webby's
Last edited by Settingshadow on 10 Feb 2006 06:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Settingshadow wrote:I look you guys; you're low-key and jump on people who are really annoying.

Zero issues.
Ditto.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

I haven't had any issues with you guys. :/ I like it here better than at the other forum I visit.
Though I do wonder whatever happened to mods having custom titles here.

What are these alleged complaints?
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Nothing of the sort has ever crossed my mind about the mods here. You're all splendid people who do your jobs and nothing more, I've never seen anyone abuse their mod power. I can't imagine complaints against you guys, and I still can't picture anyone better for the positions.
Image Image
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I don't have any problems at all with what you've been doing (or not doing, as applicable) and I haven't heard of anyone else having problems either.

I don't think an entire forum is really necessary at the moment :D
Neopets wishlists: here
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm of course now very curious what the complaints were. :-)
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

The only complaint I've heard was about the deletion of a thread on the temp, albeit at the request of the poster.

And I hate to say that I rather agree that the thread should have been locked as opposed to deleted...

But it's so minimal, really. You guys are doing an excellent job.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I regretted getting rid of that thread, but he was somewhat insistent. It's not actually deleted; it's in a hidden forum, the Oubliette, just in case we needed it later. I would never outright delete something (except duplicate topics, duh), because of my pack-rat nature. We could even move it back, if you guys prefer. It's not as if what we say is always final--I'm sorry, though, if I didn't come across as approachable, there. I like to think that I am. ^_^
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I suppose I shouldn't keep digging up dirt, but which thread was this? I don't recall, though if Ty felt the need to delete something I'm sure I'm approve wholeheartedly. :-)

Someone can PM me so as to avoid stirring up trouble if you prefer.

Or just tell me it's none of my business, of course. :-)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I've resurrected it, so you can read it if you want- it's just a thread where Doug (from neolodge?) wants to amalgamate nc into nl.

The mrbboy split (which someone else mentioned) I shan't resurrect- it begins with "I don't feel sorry for you. Anime music is music for people with little to no friends, and your dad is right! Anime music is just should be banned in the world!" and doesn't get any better from there, and no-one needs me to put back an argument on a forum where no-one can reply anymore. I do have my own problems with that thread- it wasn't necessary for Joey to split it with an ad hominem attack, and the split title is obviously inflammatory- but oubliette might be the best place for it.

Oh, and we do very rarely delete threads; they all go in Oubliette. Individual posts are deleted- spam, double posts, patent nonsense and so on- but splits and entire threads don't tend to disappear. Also, Oubliette on the real forums did purge, but here it doesn't- the basic problem with a purging Oubliette is it purges if you open it up, so if you open it up to see if a thread's there, all the threads delete themselves.
Last edited by Jazzy on 10 Feb 2006 09:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

I've no problems with you at all. In fact, it's due to the people AND the moderators that I stay here.
If you were all of the dictator-bitch variety I'd have left long ago.

You're all doing fine in my opinion.