Is it time for more Warm Fuzzies?

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.

Is it time for Warm Fuzzies?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 46

adi_gallia

Is it time for more Warm Fuzzies?

Post by adi_gallia »

So, I decided to make a poll to see if people think we should have some Warm Fuzzies. (again)

From what I've gathered, if you have something nice to say about forum members then you can PM the person (or people as I believe it was last time) who is chosen with what you have to say about that member. I think they are anonymous unless you say otherwise. Then the person sends all the fuzzies out at a given date and then you read what nice things people have to say about you. I think that Secret Santa with words is a good way to describe it.

Last time there was someone who took all the fuzzies for Numbers to H, I to Q and R to Z. If we vote yes for fuzzies I will be happy to take one of the groups as I don't have much to do this month. We would probably need two more volunteers too.

Of course this is if we vote yes. The reason I think we should give them out is because the Birthday thread informs me that the NC is having a Birthday this month and what better way to celebrate than to send eachother nice things?

Please discuss or tell me off if I am looking like a control freak. :P
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I vote yes for warm fuzzies. I didn't even know what they were last time they were sent out (so I couldn't participate sadly) and was pleasantly suprised to get a few myself, considering I don't really know many people here. They are a great way to feel happy about yourself, which is something I could use some of, and I'm sure others would fee the same :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Zap

Post by Zap »

Yes from me too. :)

And if you guys are in need of someone to handle a bracket, I may be able to do that, depending on how long it's decided to leave it open for accepting the fuzzies before sending them out to their recipients.

I'm planning to be gone from August 25th to September 1st, but apart from then, I ought to have plently of time on my hands.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

I voted Yes too! It sounds like fun and warm. :D
Riddler

Post by Riddler »

</lurk> Fuzzies sound good! I wouldn't say it's been too long since the latest; were they held any more frequently they wouldn't be as fun and people'd likely run out of adjectives sooner. ;P Maybe the due-date could be set a little earlier than usual so we don't get people forgetting / leaving writing them up 'til the last minute again, of which I am totally not guilty?

And I'd be happy to help out in collecting fuzzies, too - I'll have nothing to do but homework 'til September =P
Thanks to Twisted for the awesome set!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I, too, volunteer myself to handle a bracket if needed, though I'd like to be at the end of the list for volunteers xD
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

I woted yes, but you'll have to explain this verrrry slowly for me, I'm still relatively new and I'm not entirely sure how this works. XD;; It sounds like a great idea, though, I love making people feel good.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm not a huge fan of them (I never really like anonymous stuff like Secret Santas or whatever), but so many other people want to do it that I'm not going to vote no. :)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

FourEyes wrote:I woted yes, but you'll have to explain this verrrry slowly for me, I'm still relatively new and I'm not entirely sure how this works. XD;; It sounds like a great idea, though, I love making people feel good.
Hmm..to quote the original post:
Bracket Leaders
Mistress Morbid - Numericals-H
Shmoe - I-Q
Enriana - R-Z

These are the people who will be collecting your fuzzies and sending them out to everyone. They each have a portion of the alphabet to maintain, meaning the usernames of the people who are getting warm fuzzies.

For example, if I wrote a warm fuzzy to Shmoe, I would send that to Enriana since she's managing R-Z, which inclues the letter 'S'. You don't have to make a separate PM for every single person you're writing about, instead sort your fuzzies into the above categories to send in one big PM to the allocated bracket leader. Ideally, everyone should be sending out a total of three PM's, unless for some reason you decide to ignore the people in one category. =(

Remember, the categories apply to the recieving user, not your name. All fuzzies will be anonymous by default, unless you specify that you'd like to be known.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a more detailed example of three PM's you could be sending out. A good format would be to start with the person's name, then put their fuzzy afterwards. Leave a space, and do the next person. If you arrange your warm fuzzy PM's in alphabetical order we will worship you. Oh, and they can be told however you like. You can write them as if you're speaking directly to the person, or you can make it a more general statement.

PM to Mistress Morbid:
123Coolperson - You're so cool! Never before have I encountered such coolness in a person before.

_1337_ - 1337's a mysterious person, but that's fine. Their posts are always really well thought out, and I enjoy reading them.

Bob - Bob's an awesome member. His posts are great fun to read.

HissiLover - Ohmygod I love Hissies too! You've got an awesome taste in pets, and I think we'd get along well.

PM to Shmoe:
Ilikespoons - This person's got a great sense of humour, and I always laugh at their replies.

Little Shoyru - You're one of the nicest people on the forum, you're always so helpful and generous.

OgrinDestroyer - You're an amazing artist, I just love all the pictures you draw.

Quailman - Quailman's my hero!!

PM to Enriana:
Rabbitz - Rabbitz is never in a bad mood and she's always the first to cheer someone up.

Soup Faerie - It's great to have a mod like you!

Zebrastripes - Zebra's a really unique person, I like their music tastes and they've always got such cool avatar and siggy sets.
I think that might explain it a bit better. It shows what sort of things to say in a fuzzy, of course you could say more than two or three lines if you want, it depends how you feel about them.

This time we would have different bracket leaders, unless any of the three people from before want to do it, but right now there are four of us who have volunteered (including myself) so unless they drop out I think we might have enough to manage it.

I think I will leave this poll open to see if the result is still a majority when it gets to 50 votes. Then we can begin. I think the length of time I leave them open for while be about a week as some people do not make it online every day, sometimes not a week. If anyone thinks they will need longer than a week to write or make it fair for everyone please say.
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

Ah, thanks, Adi. That clears things up for me.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
sureq

Post by sureq »

I voted yes - but wouldn't not receiving a warm fuzzie be kind of not warm and fuzzie?

But you guys have done it before so if you reckon' it's gold then i can't really vote no ;)
ImageImage
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

I got one warm fuzzy the first time the forum did this. Wayyyy wayyyy back when Sam was still around.

I'd been in England and away from the Internet for three months, though, so I was impressed someone knew/remembered me well enough for me to even get one. haha...

I'm game for doing fuzzies again, I suppose, although I'll have to be better about it this time around. I just forget to write any until it's too late.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I for one would love to be "overwhelmed with positive emotions :)" in a fit of nostalgia!

Can't do anything to help, though - for some reason being the vice president of the computer science students club eats at my time.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I remeber the first one and I accually got a few. It did make me feel so fuzzy. I was to busy at the time to send some myself so I felt bad about that. The second one is when I wasn't around but I remeber seeing stuff about it when I was able to get on to lurk. I think another one would be a great idea. I can't help myself because it's been pretty busy in real life for me. But I say if so many want to do it, I'm for it and if I'm able to send some I shall try. ^_^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel