Site issues and upgrades thread

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Miguel

Site issues and upgrades thread

Post by Miguel »

Ok, as well as asking for money, I know something ought to be given back in return, so here's a thread for all of you to contribute to.

If you have noticed any bugs on the site, have any improvements to suggest (however mundane or radical)

Jazzy is still notionally on hiatus, so I'll collect these reports and deal with them, even if I don't do the coding myself (I probably won't, that's a way to NeoCaboom).

To save my sanity, try to keep points concise - suggestion and reason for suggesting, or bug and how to reproduce it. If it turns out to be controversial or needs more discussion, I'll spin it out to a separate thread until it's hammered out.

Ready, steady, go!

Issue list:
1) Subeta images should be fixed now
2) Subeta rating images is fixed now
3) Subeta artwork changes; ratings need resetting reset
4) Neocolours chat applet On hold until we can find a plugin for the new board
5) incorrect URL in topic notifications cannnot reproduce.
Last edited by Miguel on 26 Oct 2008 03:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Site issues and upgrades thread

Post by Wingsrising »

Well, I'll go straight to the obvious one -- all the Subeta pet colors image links are now broken because the names of the images have changed. :-)
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Wings,

Neither Jazzy nor I are subeta players, so bear with us - is the change simply http://www.subeta.org/imageblahblahblah to http://www.subeta.ws/imageblahblahblah?

If not, you'll need to give me a bit more info as to how subeta has changed their image URLs.

Thanks!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yes, you're replacing .org with... well, there are two that both work now. I'm not sure which is more stable/longer lasting. Perhaps .net. The rest of the URL is still the same.
Image Image
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Ok, the Subeta images should be fixed now, but do give me a heads-up (here, PM, little biplane writing it in the sky) if you notice any that are still broken.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

*hearts* Thank you! That's very appreciated.
Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I've noticed that when trying to rate the Subeta pets it's trying to show the .org link.

On the subject of rating pets, there's quite a few ratings that could do with being reset as the species or colour has been revamped in Jazzy's absence. But as I haven't been keeping a record of all these colours and species I guess it's irrelevant.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Adi, the rating images should be working now.

The ratings that need resetting can be done, but only if you (or someone else, volunteers) can provide a list of those that need it.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I know this is probably more work than you had in mind, but is there any chance we could have the old Neocolours Chat (you know... the one we used to play trivia games on) back on the forums? I'm still having MSN issues and miss just dipping in to see who happened to be online. Sorry if there's a good reason why not.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Miguel wrote:Adi, the rating images should be working now.

The ratings that need resetting can be done, but only if you (or someone else, volunteers) can provide a list of those that need it.
They are, thanks. ^_^

Right. I'm just going to try and guess which ones are in need of a reset by looking at the topics and the ratings etc.

Experiment #1337 (maybe? :?)
Graveyard Chelon
Graveyard Terracoon (possibly?)
Angelic Anyu
Reborn Torrent
Reborn Kanis
Angelic + Chibi + Hydrus + Reborn Ontra
Darkmatter Ontra? (help anyone? I can't tell if it was new or a revamp)
Angelic + Bloodred + Spectrum Keeto
All the basic Felis (except Nuclear)
All the basic Serpenths (except Nuclear)
All the basic Mortikings (except Marsh and Nuclear)
All basic Irions (except Nuclear and Marsh)
Graveyard + All basic Malticorns (except Nuclear)
Bloodred + All the basic Ruffies (except Nuclear)
Bloodred + Galactic + All the basic Lasiruses (except Nuclear)
Graveyard + All basic Paralixes (except Nuclear and Marsh?)

There are a few that I'm unsure of and may need confirmation, but it should be mostly right.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:I know this is probably more work than you had in mind, but is there any chance we could have the old Neocolours Chat
The only reason we don't have that back now is that it was a plugin for PHPbb2, and we're now on PHPbb3 and no-one has released a plugin to the best of my knowledge. It's definitely on the list for planned upgrades once we can do it without *too* much pain, I'll be looking for PHPbb mods for that myself once life calms down here (for those unaware; this falls right over a house move for me, so I may only be around sporadically for a few days). Rest assured, I'd like it back too :)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Okay, I think this is all the species that have had revamps and need to be reset.

Malticorn, Aerie (now called Irion), Ruffie, Lasirus (I think), Mortiking, Paralix, Feli.

Some specific pet colors have also been revamped and need to be reset. These are:

Graveyard Aerie (species has been renamed to Irion), Angelic Anyu, Graveyard Chai, Graveyard Chelon, Spectrum Keeto, Reborn Keeto, Angelic Keeto, Angelic Kerubi, Nightmare Kora (it was just a slight change, not even announced in the news. Dunno if you want to reset this one or not), Galactic Lasirus, Graveyard Malticorn, Angelic Ontra, Graveyard Paralix, Graveyard Terracoon, Reborn Torrent, Hydrus Ontra, Reborn Ontra, Bloodred Ruffie.

All of the Nuclear pets were changed to have their numbers removed. So those should probably be reset as well.

Some colors are missing from the list and need to be added: Marsh Malticorn.

Okay, I think that's it. I may have made a mistake or two (or more) so if someone wants to double check that would be nice.

I'd like to add a request, though I'm not at all sure how feasible it would actually be. We have a page for Species Revamps, so I'd also like to see something similiar for all the color revamps. I have all the old colors saved on my comp I could send you/upload. I'm not sure if we have enough space for it or if that is just to much of a hassle right now, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Edit: Haha this is what I get for watching TV while making this list and not double checking before posting it. Adi beat me to it (by quite a bit of time I might add) but thought I'd leave this up in case he missed something or whatever. Good job Adi! Between the two of us I think we caught them all.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Seerow wrote: Some colors are missing from the list and need to be added: Marsh Malticorn.

Edit: Haha this is what I get for watching TV while making this list and not double checking before posting it. Adi beat me to it (by quite a bit of time I might add) but thought I'd leave this up in case he missed something or whatever. Good job Adi! Between the two of us I think we caught them all.
Oh dear *head desk* if you (or anyone else) notices any more missing colours send me or Rachel (hebdenhippy) a PM as we're meant to add the colours. I'm sure there were a few more people that can add pets but I only know of one other person as we exchanged PMs about it earlier this month. :oops: When I was looking at the Malticorn page, for the ratings thing, I stupidly thought "oh dear, looks like the artist forgot to do a Marsh Malticorn when they revamped it" rather than thinking that it's partly my fault for not adding it!

Thanks for compiling the list as well, I missed quite a few it turns out.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I see that some of the revamped species have been reset for rating, but for species revamps, it's only the basic colours which need to be reset (I noticed a Chibi Paralix, Graveyard Feli, Dark Matter Malticorn and others when I was rating, which are not new). The basic colours are Arid, Common, Cream, Dawn, Dusk, Field, Gold, Lilac, Sun and Twilight. There's also Marsh and Nuclear, but they are more recent colours, so revamped pets have them as new colours (if that makes sense!). Hope that helps, and thanks for doing all this Miguel!
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Ok, this thread's been quiet for a few days now, so I'm guessing there aren't too many other issues to fix (I know about one with the DNS of different TLDs not passing the path through on the redirect, but I'll figure that one out).

I will leave this thread up for another 3 days, anything after that will need raising by you guys, but may not get fixed unless it's critical for a few weeks.

Hebdenhippy, have all the resets that were needed happened? I know there are few which got reset which didn't need it, but with neither Jazzy nor myself playing Subeta, we went on the information we had (ie, with us being told Malticorns needed resetting, we reset Malticorns - we didn't know that what actually needed resetting was all Malticorns except a couple of colours), so a few extras got caught in the net. Sorry about that, but it's not distastrous: hopefully people will be happy to re-rate, and this lets people change their opinions as the rest of the artwork on the site changes, we're supposed to be keeping this all fairly up to date and all that :)