Subeta Human Avatars added

Any problems or suggestions regarding the forums or scripts, post them here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Subeta Human Avatars added

Post by Jazzy »

You can now add your Subeta HA to your profile by putting your Subeta user id into the field available when editing your profile. It'll appear in full on your profile, and as a preview if you hover over the HA button next to people's posts. I don't have a HA myself, so I'm going to use Jessi's as an example (hope you don't mind!)
A post with the HA button
The profile page

Go ahead and add your HAs, and if there are any problems, let me know :) Also, for those of you who don't have an official Subeta HA or would like to use a different one, have a look at this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9556
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Subeta Human Avatars added

Post by AngharadTy »

Very, very cool, Jazzy! =D Thank you for coding this!
Image Image
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I am enjoying this new feature, but think that I've stumbled upon a problem. Rolling over a HA on the forum, for me, only shows the HA of the first post on that page, if that makes any sense. If it doesn't, just have a look at the example you posted. For me, it'll only show on melaka's first post, as she is the first person with a HA on that page. I discovered on another thread that rolling over another icon makes the HA show from the first icon... at the first button. I hope you understand what I mean. :x

Edit: I just realised that this very thread now shows the problem. Roll over my icon, and Ty's shows. Right?
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha! You are a very attractive zombie cowboy stripper, Tom.
Image Image
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Tom wrote:I am enjoying this new feature, but think that I've stumbled upon a problem. Rolling over a HA on the forum, for me, only shows the HA of the first post on that page, if that makes any sense. If it doesn't, just have a look at the example you posted. For me, it'll only show on melaka's first post, as she is the first person with a HA on that page. I discovered on another thread that rolling over another icon makes the HA show from the first icon... at the first button. I hope you understand what I mean. :x

Edit: I just realised that this very thread now shows the problem. Roll over my icon, and Ty's shows. Right?
I'm having the same problem, too.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ah, yeah, I'd forgotten that would happen; there's a fairly straightforward reason for it, but it never came up in testing because the threads I used only ever had one person's HA on. I know what's causing it, and will fix it tomorrow night.

edit, 14/08: the best laid plans of mice and men...work decided today that they need me in tomorrow, so it's a relatively early night for me and very little coding. They can't spring anything on me tomorrow (touch wood) so I'll be sorting this out then, after work.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Oh, cool! I really like this feature!
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Sorry it's taken so long, but I've just fixed it so that the HAs display properly, with everyone's showing up, not just the first person on that page :) I got distracted by real life.

The ability to display offsite HAs is coming next, but I need to work out how best to approve the images.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Works great! ^_^ Yay, Jazzy!
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Regarding offsite HAs - I was intending to make those be the ones to display alongside posts if you've selected one (even if you have a real Subeta HA), and to display both of them on your profile. This does assume that you've got both; if you've only got one, obviously only one will show up. Opinions?
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

I think that could work - however, if possible, I'd suggest including something in our User Control Panel.

Something like:
Display offsite HAs next to posts: yes / no

That way, people with dial-up/slow computers or who don't really care about HAs can turn it off, but people who're interested can enable it and see all the HA glory.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I could add a toggle to turn them all off, but I'm only going to do this if people will genuinely use it; otherwise, the time spent coding it isn't worth it. Currently, it can be turned off if you block Javascript, or use NoScript to specifically block this script.