In which TNT may have remembered we exist. (Neocash!)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: In which TNT may have remembered we exist. (Neocash!)

Post by mellaka »

As someone who worked in both a supermarket and a pharmacy, yeah, we don't notice/care =P

Still, I made up a niece story when asking for plushies in Target once. But I don't care anymore (and don't buy Neo merchandise that often).
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Wow, I used to collect plushies from Limited 2, and request for Happy Meal toys with the petpet key rings attached to them. Who knows how many trading cards Heather and I redeemed. Then I bought the Puzzle Adventure game, and I also cleaned out a Burger King for their toys in 2008. Shamelessly.

I honestly think I am waaaay too much of a code junkie to have ever noticed a raised eyebrow. Lucky for me, the code prizes are unbelievably crappy now and I'm not tempted anymore. I think that having 57 Burger King plushies, and 21 McDonald's toys are enough.

(I think I've redeemed about 180 codes over 5 years. That's the saddest thing ever.)

*immature giggle* "Code whore." :D
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I bought myself 4 of the Target plushies for myself for my birthday this August. Didn't bat an eyelash. XD Things like that don't really bother me; I'm way too self-absorbed. I have way too many neopets plushies, from Limited Too and Target. o_o

But, it's good you UKers are finally getting something. Maybe local interest is picking back up. And if it is/does, you may get plushies and other fun things like that. :D
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I really think they should do something better than just plushies...o_o maybe cell phone charms..or something. For a dollar I bet everyone would get..especially if they also had a prize code in it. I myself LOVE these ..lol collect most of the Pokemon ones and almost all the Animal Crossing ones, and theyre adorable..and perfect for a DS too.

ITd be cool if they had the game card thing or whatever, like what Subeta has. But yea. chaaaaarms.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I actually found myself in a Sainsbury's in London today and did have a quick look around whilst buying a sandwich for lunch - couldn't find the cards though (To be fair size-wise it was half way between a local and a full-size superstore).

I would've bought one, too, as a.) they had self-service checkouts, and b.) I'll probably never go to that store again :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:Almost everyone in the UK can at least get to a Sainsbury's shop, and this allows British kids to join in the fun, too.
This makes me appreciate more than ever that I no longer live in the weird blackhole on the Sainsburys map (Cumbria) - well, as long as they sell them at Locals. According to their store search there are nineteen Locals closer to me than the nearest proper store. And one of the Locals is easy to get to.
alt1981black

Post by alt1981black »

Yay for the UK! I'm so glad to see that you're finally going to be getting the NC cards. The prizes that you get by redeeming the cards are nice, too, depending on what you actually receive. One card I redeemed actually gave me a Usul paddleball wearable, and it's my favourite card prize so far.
Faun

Post by Faun »

OMG! i totally cant belive im finally going to be able to get neocash!!! Im going to sainsburys as soon as they open in the morning lol
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

According to neoboards they started stocking them in the last few days. Someone got them at Sainsbury's at Low Hall E4 in London, and another person got them at Doncaster.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

:/ I've gone to two Sainsbury's so far and they haven't had them. One was a small one and supposedly they're only in the big ones, but then again the other one I went to was a big one and didn't have them. So I suppose I'm just unlucky |D.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I got one from my Sainsbury's Local today! Spent the 750 within minutes though >_> This means they can't be just in the big stores, as like I said, I got mine from a Sainsbury's Local and I'm not even in a large town.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Anyone who hasn't yet got theirs, get a move on-- word is that they won't be shipping any more of the current batch after this weekend, so when they're gone, they're gone. I respectfully suggest that all the UK players here bombard TNT with praise (yes, I know, you're the NC, but just this once?) to convince them to make this a regular occurrence.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I found them in the Sainsburys in Halifax (West Yorkshire) today, yay! I wasn't even looking for one but they had them on a shelf by the till so I grabbed one. Gutted to hear they won't be shipping more, but I only really wanted it for the card, not for the NC :P
EofS

Post by EofS »

I looked in a reasonably large inner-city one in Leeds yesterday but no luck. I think it's a lot to hope that my tiny little Local in Hull is gonna have any.

Are they with the gift cards? In Leeds I found the aisle-end selling gift cards, which included things like XBox live, ps3, Club Penguin etc. So I think if they'd had them at all, they would have been there.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

They were with the gift cards in my Sainsbury's so they should be in yours, EofS!