In which TNT may have remembered we exist. (Neocash!)

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

In which TNT may have remembered we exist. (Neocash!)

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I can't link directly because the NC Mall is weird, but Emma of the HC just today discovered something VERY interesting when you click on the previously-defunct "Neocash cards coming soon..." icon in the Mall.

Ohmygosh. Seriously? Yes, I know we could buy Neocash by Paypal before, but what with never being allowed to get gift boxes and needing debit cards to purchase, it was always just that bit second-rate compared to the easy system they had for Americans. This, though, is definitely a step in the right direction. Almost everyone in the UK can at least get to a Sainsbury's shop, and this allows British kids to join in the fun, too.

Time to deluge the editorial/feedback form/testimonial page with appreciation, I think. It may not seem much, but I'm hopeful this may be the start of a trend of us Brits not being completely ignored. Maybe (whisper it) we'll see our own Neopets merchandise next?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Noble fauf

Re: In which TNT may have remembered we exist. (Neocash!)

Post by Noble fauf »

Wow, that's definitely good news for you poor neglected players in the UK! Considering that it's the birthplace of neopets I feel the UK is neglected. (Does St. David's day still exist?) But hey, if you are getting your shiny new cash cards I shouldn't whine about the past.
Madge

Post by Madge »

What about the poor neglected players in Australia? I'd like some neocash cards. Particularly if the price is Australian dollars, which at the moment are still slightly preferable to me than American dollars.

Good that you brits are getting stuff though :P I mean, you didn't even get mcdonald's, did ya?
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

What about the rest of Europe? I wouldn't mind being able to buy a card or two... I want that fighting stick in the elite boutique!

We already had a neopets-plushies-get-one-for-free-if-you-spent-5-euro's-at-a-certain-store action, why can't they add cards?

I do feel they have been less neglecting of us NP players, they added some nice looking backgrounds that didn't involve pretzels or simple swirls!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Good for them! It's nice to know they're still promoting the site out there in the real world, and TNT have managed to persuade someone outside of the US/Canada that they exist.

Would I buy one? Hmm... a) I don't know where they would be in-store. and b) I know people who work at my local Sainsburys.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Kantark wrote: b) I know people who work at my local Sainsburys.
Do you have any small female cousins who could be bribed to buy one for you?

I might consider buying one, possibly... if I was really lucky, I might not get asked for ID.
Neopets wishlists: here
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I don't customize my pets, but this is awesome! ^^ Hopefully they'll get some more Neopets merchandise over here, too. I know several years ago they had the pocket Neopets over here (I saw them in a catalog, anyway), and the interactive figures (..like the Shoyru :B), but they disappeared a while back.. so plushies = <3.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

OMG

OMG OMG OMG

MY LOCAL SUPERMARKET IS A SAINSBURYS AND CHRISTMAS AND MY BIRTHDAY ARE FAIRLY SOON OMG

You have made me the happiest person evar!
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

That's pretty awesome for you UKers. :D

I'm still debating on picking up a cash card somewhere. I know plenty of places that carry them, but I don't really want to walk in and ask for some neopets money. xD
Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MM - do what I do with things like that - play dumb and pretend it's for a niece/nephew/younger sibling!

I'm glad to see the UK is finally recognised by neopets - might be useful if I ever get back into it.
Mistress Morbid

Lmao...I totally should.

"Um, yeah, I'm looking for a...neo-something-or-other card. I dunno, it's for my nephew and I have no idea what he's talking about. Do you have anything like that?"
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I've bought Neocash cards before, many a time XD I doubt the people at CVS even pay attention to what I'm buying. A few years ago I had to buy a kit there before my surgery... er, well it's a 'bowel prep kit' and I'll leave it at that. I was mortified about buying it but the girl didn't even blink xD A Neocash card is nothing compared to that!
Mistress Morbid

Lol, I remember when one of my friends got a tattoo we went to the store afterwards to get Preparation H for her (since it's great to put on fresh tattoos). Of course it was a cute guy ringing her through the till, so she was so embarrassed. xD
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm not embarrassed to buy silly fun stuff. :-) Of course, I've never been one to care what's socially proper, and many things that are socially expected (especially of an adult female) are abhorrent to me.

Really, if someone has a problem with you buying things like that, even if it's just that they slightly look down upon you for it, I think THEY'RE the ones with insecurity issues.

And like others have mentioned, chances are they won't know, notice, or care.

And YAY for Neo recognizing a place other than the USA (and to a lesser extent Canada and Singapore)!
divisionstreet

Post by divisionstreet »

Mistress Morbid wrote:"Um, yeah, I'm looking for a...neo-something-or-other card. I dunno, it's for my nephew and I have no idea what he's talking about. Do you have anything like that?"
I actually used that line once at a Target, because I couldn't find them on my own :| But now they sell them at Rite Aid and FYE, and both of those are in the mall I work at, which is much more convenient for me. Now I just buy them, and I don't really care if anyone has anything to say about it xD