New navigation bar - and the end of Neovision?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: New navigation bar - and the end of Neovision?

Post by zebru »

I keep clicking wrong things as I usually go around top bar on autopilot, but in a month or so it'll be fine.
I really wish they used this opportunity to add SDB and battledome up there - I'm tired of having to go through my inventory to get to those.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

....Is it sad that I spend so little time on Neo that until I read the news for today that I had no idea the toolbar had updated....
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Battledome would have been nice. I always go there via the stone dome in the haunted woods. Oh well, at least I get to use the map that way!
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Iggy wrote:
Way back when, clicking on your np total used to take you to a bizarre page - something about how to get neopoints?
Nope!

It was a list of nP amounts and the things they symbolised, like the amount you started with, and the amount you could gain from Scorchy Slots, or something horribly DATED liked that. :D
I vaguely remember something like that; when did they change it? :O

Anyway.. Neovision is no big loss, but it'll take me a /long/ time to get used to this :B Oh well. I just wish they'd go back to v.1 ._.;.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I just submitted a Neopian Times question about a Battledome link, as I always go through the shops menu and it is quite annoying. I think the revamped navigation bar IS an improvement, but it will still take some getting used to.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Someone asked in the editorial quite a while ago about a link to your sdb, but the reply was basically that there is a limited amount of space for links- which is fair enough, but your sdb is pretty important. I wish they'd move the "merchandise" link off shops and onto somewhere else (nc mall, maybe- it's more appropriate, since that's where you spend real world money) and replace it with an sdb link. Or, they could put it on the customise tab- the closet and storage shed are there, so the sdb wouldn't be too out of place.

I never watched Neovision, never wanted to enter and I'm not sad that it's gone. I'm sure I'll adjust to the new bar soon enough, just like I did with the current layout. The "video" section really was a waste of screen space.
Neopets wishlists: here
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I also would've liked an SDB link rather than a redundant inventory one, but otherwise I don't really have an opinion about the new toolbar.

I use the links bar on my browser for a lot of Neo things anyway, except when I'm at work.
EofS

Post by EofS »

It's ridiculous to have the storage shed in the customise drop down, but not the sdb. Given that you can keep customisation items in your sdb. But not in your shed. (And why is create a pet in there too?) I'm hoping this was a case of not really thinking, rather than an actual thought through decision.