Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Silver Link

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by Silver Link »

Chatham's got spunk (or Cheltham, according to Roxton in Ch.2)

I agree with you, Rainbow. The problem with this plot so far is that it's not cohesive. There's nothing binding the chapters together and I can only hope they pull it together soon
Last edited by Silver Link on 26 Oct 2009 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Im wondering where the smoothie came from...o.O
Image Image
ImageImage
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

This might be my recent disinterest with neopets talking, but this plot sucks bad. Where are the puzzles? The intricate steps we have to figure out? I mean we're on chapter 4 already.....shouldn't something a little bit more EXCITING happen? :/

Ok I should add there was one part in ch. 4 did make me laugh....when that wocky girl chucked a slushie from outta nowhere at the healing springs water faerie...so maybe there is hope for this plot...
Last edited by uberstav on 27 Oct 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

k, this is boring.

Steps without shinies lack interest.

However, +1 for the pissed off faerie. Ahahah.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

They get to Faerieland a bit quick (i.e. between panels). I'd've at least expected some sort of indication of time passing between their departure in Altador and their arrival in Faerieland. Maybe the 'At last, we're here!' is intended ironically.

Why does Jordie get struck by lightning, other than to handily get them to the Healing Springs? And to re-use 'Krakoom!'? Surely it's more likely Roxton's pointy hat or Chatham's pointy ears would get the voltage rather than the short guy ;-)

There's a little too much deus ex machina at the moment. I totally agree with Silver Link, there's no cohesion at all (though I'm not sure about Miss Chatham's, er, spunk :-P ). There are NT comics that are much better executed than this in terms of plot right now - but I'm still hopeful that things will improve if/when the story really gets going. Fingers crossed!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Meh, I never liked the Journey to the Lost Isle plot, so I was uninterested in this one from the start.. It's just boring and doesn't fit together :/. Oh well. I'll keep reading it anyway. For the free stuff.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

At least this chapter didn't have any animation, but I have really no idea what is going on or why they are doing anything that they are. It's just so utterly random.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I was hoping to see some continuity between Journey and this plot. Maybe there isn't at all. Maybe that whole "to be continued" thing at the end was the best way to say "we slapped a plot together at the last minute in order to shut everyone up about screwing up your pets."

And yes, I can officially say I'm so bored, I forgot about the plots existance already. :P I don't even care if they have puzzles anymore. 4 chapters was plenty of time to perk up my interest. I'm coming to the realization someone will have to wake me up when the BD fighting starts.....If ever.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I hate complaining too many times in a row but...

I just misread the banner on the main plot page as "Join Roxton and his companions on a journey spamming Neopia..." I felt it was very appropriate and was saddened to realize it was actually "Spanning". There isn't much going on beyond pointless, spammish updates.

I'm going to guess their next stop is Terror Mountain, btw. Judging from the new map, like Faerie Land, prepped for attention.
EofS

Post by EofS »

If anyone else is having trouble with the game, manually fiddle the url to low quality - it totally froze on me until I did that.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

So, the next step apparently involves this brand-new Flash game, though I'm not sure what score is needed-- I've had 650 and 779 and got nothing.

I wonder if the people currently complaining on the plot boards that "a real plot doesn't involve Flash games" remember the Curse of Maraqua. What I wouldn't give for a big sign reading "I risked RSI playing Attack of the Revenge and all I got was this lousy keychain".
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I read on JellyNeo that you have to get to Level 3. Which is not that easy to do unless I'm missing something obvious.

Also, the game won't run on my old laptop even in "low" quality. I have to play it on my computer at work.

You also have to click on the golden statue thing in the comic -- that gets you a prize, too:

http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=atlas_of_th ... s&id=day03
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

You have to beat the game with a score superior to 1000.

I completed the game at 722 and didn't get it, and beat it with 1004 and got the prize.

I wonder if the people currently complaining on the plot boards that "a real plot doesn't involve Flash games" remember the Curse of Maraqua.
Not everyone had to play to take part in the plot, though!
You could get rewards without playing the games. I was a supporter and I did quests.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

You need over 1000 points to get the item, level doesn't matter.
I got 1,713 on my third try - I kept picking up shields in third level (purely accidentally) which got me pretty far. I'm was actually on the bronze medal position for a minute there. Shame I quickly got pushed off it, bronze trophy is adorable.
Tip - one of the squares in the top right corner of the game allows you to get rid of a part of a graphic effects and backgrounds making it go a a bit faster.

This still doesn't quite feel like a plot to me :I
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who laughed at the animation and reward.

:oops:
Subeta: Thomas