Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
invaderhorizongreen

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

well it DID look interesting at the start but then crashed,burned,plummeted over a cliff, hit an electric fence, fell in a pit and then exploded! in an EPIC FAIL way. what a waste of a plot and yes i missed all the stuff except the rock because i was away bringing Thanksgiving to a sibling.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I missed all of the items from step 8. Think I only got to do the machine fixing twice. Whatever, none of them are must haves anyway.

I have no qualms about calling this the worst plot ever. They didn't even try imo. It's like TNT just slapped something together to quiet those of us who've been whining for a plot.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

http://www.neopets.com/aota/index.phtml

You can go collect your sidebar theme and avatar now. ^^ I really like the avatar, and I'm trying the theme out as well. It looks pretty enough.

I'm afraid to look at my inventory, lest my 23789472389 NC duplicates from the GMC duplicate even more, but I think there's supposed to be a few trifles as well. Nothing wearable or weapon like, unless I misread, but possibly prettyful. ^^
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

There are wearables, and a weapon, for whomever got the top trophy

http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=kasuolee

They did, not sure how. don't think anyone knows.
Image Image
ImageImage
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Kinda surprised and disappointed. I didn't want to get my hopes up that we'd be getting any more prizes since we were "rewarded" along the way. But since we did get prizes, I'm sad they weren't in a prize shop of sorts.

I ended up getting the top tier and all the prizes, which according to Jellyneo are based on how many pipes you fixed. Some of the prizes seem rather random for the plot, especially the door knob one, but overall they aren't bad. The background looks like it might be neat to use. Anyone know if the weapon is any good?

You can go here to view all the prizes: Jellyneo's list
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Thats kind of stupid if it was the pipe fixing that got you points. That whole task was tedious and so I just stopped soon as I got the items. And that jacket looks really nice too. D:

I did get gold though
Image Image
ImageImage
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ugh I miss one day (the dung day!) and got silver. I'm so bad after all that effort I put into the games! I got three prizes for silver, and thankfully one of them was the background which I really wanted, but I would have liked the jacket too. Ah well :(
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Hmm I got the Magma trophy but I didn't do anything extra. I just fixed the pipes each day until I got a prize, and I only ever did it once on that first day. I guess I might have played it one extra time somewhere along the line, though I don't remember doing so. Maybe there was another factor involved somewhere? People on the boards don't seem to know how the Magma trophies were awarded either.
It would be nice if staff had set up those result pages like they have in past plot that tell what steps a player did. That would help figure it out.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I got the least shiny trophy. But the pipe fixing theory doesn't make sense because I fixed quite a few extra pipes to get the dung, not realizing I wouldn't be getting it because I was a day too late.

I only missed one game challenge and the dung, how does that make me come last? :( I wouldn't mind it, if I could just see the logic in it. But just like with the cyodrakes guessing plot, I don't find this fun. Where did all the great plot makers go? I want to earn myself a trophy for doing my best, or know that I won't be earning a very shiny one in advance (like with the game master challenge, I choose to stop at 30 games because I have other things to do in my life as well.)
I don't want to do my best and sit and fix pipes for too long, or try for Roxton not to crash in walls, only to find out that no, I don't get the pretty items because apparently it doesn't matter because I couldn't get on neo on one particular day. And I'm sorry but I understand what neo means with "you don't need the items to finish the plot", but I think I disagree, apparently I did need the items to finish it completely.
At least, following my own definition of finish.

At least the site theme is pretty. Now if only the chatting with singles ad would go away. (I really need to get myself an ad blocker...)

Eh, I'll better go to work :( I'm ranting too much.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

That does seem unreasonable, Marah, given that I also got the least-shiny trophy. I skipped all but one of the game challenges and didn't fix any pipes at all.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I got the silver trophy. I don't think it was very fair to suggest that if you didn't get all of the items, you would still be able to finish, because it did affect your final outcome. I didn't get all of the items from the pipe fixing because I was away for the weekend and it was over by the time I came back. But I still did all of the games, which were much more difficult than the pipe fixing was. Yet apparently, that didn't matter, because the time-limited activity seems to have had more "points" attached to it.

I suppose I am not that bothered about the extra items- they would only have collected dust in my sdb- but since they obviously did give some sort of points value to the the various "quests" (their words, not mine) why couldn't we see our points?
Neopets wishlists: here
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

YESSS! This site theme put me in the double digits! ^_^ *dances* Yeah! 10!

Anyways, I got the crappy pumice stone trophy too, but I care not. I came there to do minimal effort (which was laughably minimal.) I clicked, fixed two pipes, didn't send any scores. IMO, I don't deserve much, and got my coveted site theme, avatar, and trophy to boot.

The theme itself is a little monochrome, but it's one for the collection!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

apparently it is the amount of games you played that makes the difference, miss one and you get the last trophy, play only one and you get that trophy too.

How does that make sense?

There are times when I wonder if I should join Subeta. I wish I could take my pixels (= pets) with me though.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I got the lowest trophy, too, but I'm not bothered.. didn't do much /in/ the plot |D I'm just happy to get another trophy.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I got the lowest trophy, which is understandable because I didn't really do anything. The the site theme and avatar make me happy, so I have nothing to complain about. I also bought that background and stuck it on my draik because it kinda fits the theme I'm working on for him.