Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I almost take back the sentiment of giving up on the whole blasted thing. There are some games that i am glad i should never have to play (and swear at) again, at least not for a while until AAA/Abi start, and more likely the games in their original names/formats then. I'm not a fan of the codebreaker game because my memory has always been horrid, so even if i go about it systematically, i tend to lose track of what's been tried where. Some of the animation is really visually offputting too. I still need to score high enough on Moltara Run - my hand is tired, i keep hitting the right-click by accident, and the sound effects fill me with rage (yay for being able to turn them off!).

I did get the Molten Rock a little while ago, so my element slots are 11/16 filled.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Fury wrote:
Kantark wrote:
TNT wrote:I wasn't able to get the Molten Rock last night. Is this needed to finish the Atlas of the Ancients plot? ~username removed

Don't worry! You don't need the Molten Rock to complete the plot. It's a nice item to have, but you can still finish the plot same as someone who has it.
So..that'll be a 'gloss over the issue' answer, then? No sign of a fix.
Huh? I think TNT answered the question perfectly. The user asked if the rock was needed to complete the step and they answered no, it wasn't. It also seems that people are now able to obtain the rock, judging by the posts of a few users on this board. It's still nice to know that the plot can be completed without it if anyone is unable to stay online long enough to obtain it. :D
I could've phrased that better - what I intended to say was that they chose to reassure those who didn't get the rock that they would still be able to complete the plot when they could have picked one of surely dozens of questions along the lines of 'why was this only issued for a short period of time when users in many parts of the world would be unlikely to get it?'. So more of a 'gloss over the issue question-and-answer'. But, as you say, it seems the rock is being issued again so it doesn't matter :-)

EDIT: And now I have it! :-D

(Grrr... and another freakin' Moltara timeout)
Last edited by Kantark on 22 Nov 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Is there any way of finding out how often you've done this step? I'm wondering how close I am to the muffin and molten dung. I presume the muffin is still available?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Not that I know of Jazzy :( I just kept a tally sheet by computer.
Finally got the dung. That took ages, especially with all the people who either A) can't figure out which way to pull the ropes or B) decide they want to go play outside instead of finishing what they started.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

I'm up to 10 now and I really really hope that we don't have to do it 24 times tomorrow...
Madge

Post by Madge »

... you just push the thing in the direction it needs to go in, right? Or is there some sort of secret methodology that I'm not aware of?
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Jamie wrote:I'm up to 10 now and I really really hope that we don't have to do it 24 times tomorrow...
I'm afraid so. 24 times today will give you a Rock Mote (I'm at number 8 currently). I guess it means 30 times tomorrow :S

EDIT: Done. Hated every second of it.
Last edited by zebru on 22 Nov 2009 02:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Fury

Post by Fury »

Kantark wrote:
I could've phrased that better - what I intended to say was that they chose to reassure those who didn't get the rock that they would still be able to complete the plot when they could have picked one of surely dozens of questions along the lines of 'why was this only issued for a short period of time when users in many parts of the world would be unlikely to get it?'. So more of a 'gloss over the issue question-and-answer'. But, as you say, it seems the rock is being issued again so it doesn't matter :-)

EDIT: And now I have it! :-D

(Grrr... and another freakin' Moltara timeout)
Ah, I get you. :)

I received my Molten Rock yesterday as well - does anyone know if we can only receive one item per day? I assume that's the case but I'm not entirely sure.

I finally went back and had a go at the Code game but I'm still putting off Moltara Run as it sounds everyone and their mothers are slamming their heads against the wall because of it.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Fury, you can get more then one item. I got both the rock and the dung yesterday. I'm going to assume today if you didn't get all the ones from yesterday, if you keep doing it enough times, you'll get caught up on the prizes.
This is going to take awhile to get the mote X_X
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I don't think there's a visual rhyme or reason to the direction you need to pull. Sometimes i'll purposely pull in the direction the picture shows it's falling, and a few times the group has aligned it when i clicked it that way. But usually i do pull in the opposite direction, just so i "feel" like i'm doing it right.

I hit a score of 290-something in Moltara Run and screamed. :-P I'm going to have to get an extremely good run to fulfill it. I think you have to get 375 or something like that for it. Is that right?
Fury

Post by Fury »

Seerow wrote:Fury, you can get more then one item. I got both the rock and the dung yesterday. I'm going to assume today if you didn't get all the ones from yesterday, if you keep doing it enough times, you'll get caught up on the prizes.
This is going to take awhile to get the mote X_X
Thanks for clarifying! I've aligned the pipe 19 times already today but I haven't received any prizes as yet. I noticed on Jellyneo it says that items are only available at certain times of the day - wtf? I want my shitty items and to be done with this plot step please. D:
Fjorab_Teke wrote: I hit a score of 290-something in Moltara Run and screamed. :-P I'm going to have to get an extremely good run to fulfill it. I think you have to get 375 or something like that for it. Is that right?
Yup, 375 is the score you need to get.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'm going to try public bitching because I've done this countless times today and still nada. And my god am I bored of it.

Edit: Ha! Second attempt after posting this and.... voila! Rock Mote! Right, that's it, I'm going to bed...
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

30 fixes, the prize is a book called 'Underground Explorations'.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

If I did a lot of fixes yesterday, but not enough to get my next prize, do I have to start again today?

Edit: Ah I see how it is done. Since I, sometimes, have a life and wasn't online on saturday I will not be getting my dung. Well... I can live without a pile of dung. Still it is a bit annoying that I can't finish this step when I decide I have the time to play.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I don't get it. I've only got two prizes so far, but I'm SURE I've done the balancing step considerably more than twenty times now. Where is my stuff? Am I not doing it fast enough, or what?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.