Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by Jessi »

I got the lowest trophy as well, but I also just burned out about halfway through the plot... there was a game I COULD NOT beat and I just kind of quit, heh. But new sidebar and new avatar so hey! Works for me.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Poo, I did everything and missed out on magma trophy somehow *looks longingly at the jacket*
I love the theme and the background though!
Last edited by zebru on 04 Dec 2009 05:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Faun

Post by Faun »

...my trophy loohs like a sponge. T_T
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I did all the steps, and am sure I did some extra pipe fixing at least one of the days, but didn't get the top trophy/prizes. I always try to get top trophy/prizes in every plot, and put a lot of effort into the games for this plot, so I'm somewhat annoyed. I hope we get some explanation for this.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I got a background, a keyring toy, and a book, as well as a silvery trophy. I'm pretty happy-- after I spent the pipe-fixing weekend out of town, I'd expected that if I got a prize at all it'd be a useless gift item.

Overall, though, I'm standing by my previous assessment of this plot-- it's been fun, but past plot formats have been more satisfying as a whole, and I'm hoping they return to something a bit more OLDPD-inducing for the next one. I've fallen somewhat out of love with Roxy (for now) and thoroughly into love with Cog (non-romantically), and as for Moltara, it rocks, but the constant game-playing wasn't my ideal format. I think I'd prefer a few non-CPU-intensive game challenges mixed in with regular OLDPD-type stuff and the odd battle chapter to keep the BDers happy. :)

I'm a little surprised that we didn't hear any more about the pets from the other side of the cavern. I was sure that was going to be a new paint colour or something, but I guess it's just a fictional thing after all.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
zebru

Post by zebru »

From Jellyneo:
Glitch update: If you collected your prize right after the new features updated, you may not have been awarded the proper items or trophy. Users have now reported getting the correct prizes. Feel free to submit a bug report to TNT using the contact form if you are still experiencing a glitch.
Huh, that explains things. I collected mine a minute after the news was up.
I'm not sure if it's worth pestering them to correct my trophy and items. They are already over their heads in glitched items, I'm not sure I'd be able to reach anyone.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Submitted a bug report. They should've said something in the news or in the NT..mostly because they wont be here the entire weekend to deal with the reports. So, theyll be in for a huge flood of them on Monday..D:
Image Image
ImageImage
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I just got the spongy-rock thing which is a bit of a shame since the gears look so much better. Only missed out on the one game that wouldn't run (the ship one), and three items from the pipes due to not being around at the right time. I'm a little disappointed in the whole thing but, hey, it's not like I paid for any of it.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
zebru

Post by zebru »

Jellyneo has uncovered a magma pet on one of the staff's accounts. Here:

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... onfuwafuwa

It's pretty cool looking =)
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

That is pretty neat looking.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

But how is that not a fancier version of fire? Black body and flames? I don't get it.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Does the xweetok's back foot look like brains to anyone else?

I've added the avatar to the av page here, and I'm distinctly underwhelmed by the prizes. Somehow, Roxton's plots always end on an anti-climax.
zebru

Post by zebru »

Jazzy wrote:Does the xweetok's back foot look like brains to anyone else?
Lol I'm pretty sure it's wearing Stylish Volcano Run II Shoes and it's not a part of the colour.
Image Image
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Here's the fire xweetok next to the magma xweetok for comparison
ImageImage

To me, magma is like a cross between the fire and the (no longer around) stone colours.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry you submitted!

Thanks for writing and for participating in our Atlas of the Ancients site event! In order to have earned the top tier of prizes (including the fancy magma-themed trophy) you had to have completed all of the plot steps (including the moltara group puzzle) on the same day they were released. The next level of prizes (including the golden trophy) were earned by completing all of the plot steps (including the moltara group puzzle) on or before November 24th. The third prize level (the silver trophy) was awarded for completing all of the steps excluding the group puzzle on or before November 24th. The final trophy and prizes were awarded for participating in the plot and completing some of the challenges but not enough to qualify for any of the above tiers. Sorry for the confusion, we hope that clears things up!

You may also want to ask your question in the Help Forum, found here: http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardl ... ml?board=5

That's the response I got from my enquiry. Darn.