Atlas of the ancients

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Atlas of the ancients

Post by Marah »

According to Jellyneo every prize is available for one day only. The first being made into an exception, because they only put it up properly after half the world went to sleep.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

FINALLY Moltara Run ... I just had to play it enough for both a feel for it and a really lucky run.

As for the rest, hmmmm.... That's hardly fair.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I has book, I go sleep now!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yeah, I don't like the sound of that. I have almost all of the items: the rock, mote, dung and book, so I've played a total of 78 times (having missed the 12-play muffin). As long as other people have to play 78 times to get those four items, I have no problem with them doing so whenever they choose; I don't agree that they should only have been available for a day each. I would feel slightly cheated if someone could play 30 times and get all five items from that (by passing the 6, 12, 18 etc mark) because for us it was cumulative and we had to play for longer, but if a person plays 90 times at any point before the plot step retires they ought to earn all five items. I don't see why, say, the dung was Sunday-only when all it is is a reward for playing 24 times.

When a step is so strictly time-limited, it ought to be announced upfront: all they had to do was say something like "It's going to take five days of hard work to put this machine right".
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

...especially when you have to wait five-plus minutes to do another round of balancing. Really, one shouldn't have to devote every ten minutes of the day to complete a plot. I could understand letting those who have that time to spare rack up more points through battles and whatnot (doesn't look like we'll get that this time), but ...grah.
Rah

Post by Rah »

It makes me so sad to see the forlorn little space where the pile of dung should be. I hate that I missed that due to my internet being down. After trying so hard to get the game scores for everything else! To miss out on something I could have done if I'd only been able to get online!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Screw this. I was at a work-related conference this weekend (little Internet access) and so have apparently missed out on a bunch of time-limited prizes? And now I'm home for Thanksgiving with my family, which is a little more important than logging on every few minutes to participate in a plot.

So, like I said, screw this. I'm not even trying. I have other things I'd rather be doing.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I missed the last three prizes :/ I did get the Molten Rock yesterday, at least, but I was away for the weekend and I forgot to take the charger for my laptop.

I wasn't expecting it to be so time limited- especially without any further plot steps being released now that one's finished. It just seems very badly thought out and planned altogether.
Neopets wishlists: here
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

"Error: The machine has been repaired! Thank you for your dedication."

...so now it seems that part is over. 9.9 Yeah, this kinda stinks. I have 3 empty spots to show for it.
Faun

Post by Faun »

....I missed out on everything! All because my silly computer wouldnt let me log in to anything. >.<
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
varii

Post by varii »

Wow. Cool. The End.

That plot was a complete waste of thought.
rei @ neopets
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Ehh, the end was just as lackluster as the rest of the plot. And now that the Game Master's Challenge is out, I get to play yet more frustrating flash games. *Sigh*

I guess at least the plot is over and I can pretend it never happened. Hopefully the next one is better, I honestly can't see how it could get any worse.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Whoot. Plot's over. How exciting.

Well.. I didn't like the.. the first plot with Roxton in it, anyway. Heck if I remember the name @_@; I hope the next one's better, like Seerow said.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Faun

Post by Faun »

Well, that was a waste of time.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ho hum. In with a bang(ish), out with a whimper. Didn't their English teachers ever tell them a story needs a beginning, a middle, and an end? This plot's like the stories I used to write - where you could pretty much pinpoint the exact moment I lost interest with them and rushed the conclusion.

It's a genuine shame - it really could have been so much better with just a little more inspiration, care and attention.

And the planning of that last bit left much to be desired - what percentage of their users will be able to spend several hours of a weekday carrying out repetitive tasks?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark