Neopets 10th anniversary free gifts

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kari

Re: Neopets 10th anniversary free gifts

Post by Kari »

I've only played Kass Basher twice today and it's telling me I've sent score too many times already :(
derp
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Kari wrote:I've only played Kass Basher twice today and it's telling me I've sent score too many times already :(
Try reloading the window-- some people are saying that works for them.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Nope, I've refreshed and hard refreshed, and it won't work. So much for an easy 20k
derp
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

For Kass Basher, just enter the world challenges. :) Worked for me, my 10 scores went fine.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Oh, so that's why current Kass Basher WC has 225 people who entered and 50 winners.

Thanks for the tip Iggy - I was stuck just like Kari before coming here.

EDIT:
Kass Basher WC Winner!
Because you placed in the top 50, a piece of artwork has been added to your Inventory and you have been awarded 1 neopoints!

:))
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Rah

Post by Rah »

I can't play any more gammeessss D: Sending 10 scores is great, but oh my gosh tiring.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Rah wrote:I can't play any more gammeessss D: Sending 10 scores is great, but oh my gosh tiring.
Tell me about it. I'm breaking the tedium by alternating games now. There are only so many times you can bash Roxy into the walls of the tunnel before you crack.

We're so amazingly ungrateful aren't we ;0)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Just to let people know, the birthday trivia contest is over (there doesn't appear to be anything for having got all 10, so don't worry if you missed any) and 10 score sends have apparently been extended to New Year, according to the front page. Gack. I can't decide if that's great or horrible.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

My god, the rest of the year? That takes all the fun out of it :/ Though I guess I can't complain.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It's horrible. It will be a HUGE source of inflation. :-(
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Well, there goes the economy..
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

As an inflationary source, Food Club and the stockmarket are still worse - yes, people can send score 10x day, but the people who earn np through games tend to be the users with less np in the first place. The items likely to go up are the lower-priced and middling ones, including probably the cheapest pbs. And to actually take advantage of 10 score sends daily, you have to put a lot of time into games, which most people won't have. It's only a maximum of 7k more per game (14k for the one featured game, but frequently that will be one you don't want to play or can't reach 1k/play on), which is surpassed by a single 3:1 win at Food Club for a decently aged account - and to get 7k more requires you to put in almost 2.5x more time than playing for 3 wins at 1k. And plenty of users will send 10 scores of 150 or 300np each time, nowhere near 1k per play, because 1k in a lot of games is prohibitively difficult for many users. Yes, you can choose to play the better-paying games, but after six weeks of that you will probably never want to play them again: assuming you get the score you're after every time (which you likely won't, so you'll need to play extra), that's 420 plays of just one game, so you'd better enjoy it. I'm fairly sure this is why they've slowed down Kass Basher and drastically lowered the time for which you're given the higher wind speeds, because it stops it being such an attractive 10 plays per day game (low effort for high payout, comparatively).
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It's not the amount per person, though, it's the number of people. Both Food Club and the Stock Market are far more inflationary per person, but way, WAY fewer people play it. It's not a few people making 100k of NP that drive inflation up, it's hundreds of thousands of people (if not millions of people) making 10k of NP.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Hundreds of persons more are also playing the stock market, due to the avatar.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Have you seen how much game plays have tailed off as this has gone on? When Kass Basher was the featured game, it had a few million plays, and today it's at just over 250,000 (and iirc that's higher than usual, but probably owing to the fact that it was revamped today and everyone came to stare at it). Just because it's open to people as an option doesn't mean they're actually making that much out of it (lack of time to do it, lack of inclination to keep bothering over such a long period, not actually making 1k per play). Think how few people here managed to collect all 5 items of the Moltara Meltdown tasks as an illustration of the fact that people simply won't be online to play Neopets games every day, and it's the time-intensive things like Moltara Meltdown or playing a game ten times that'll get thrown aside when you're short on time. I missed the muffin on Friday, and I bet I didn't send 10 Kass Basher scores (let alone any other games), but I still bought stocks.