Neopets 10th anniversary free gifts

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Neopets 10th anniversary free gifts

Post by Wingsrising »

Ooo, there's (silly-looking, IMHO) background and an avatar for the 15th. :-)
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

The avatar's nice, and I don't really care about the background, but I was hoping for some NP |D -smacks self for sounding so greedy-

Anyway.. happy birthday Neopets <3.
edit; Waitaminute, they've started up a trivia thing on that page. I got a Main Codestone from that :B Much better.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
EofS

Post by EofS »

10 game plays today? TEN!?

*Dies of happiness*

That'll be a nice 300k in the bank this evening!

And here I was looking forward to 5 plays like most years.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I couldn't send 10 scores when I tried (at like half past midnight lolz) - only 5.

Is it 10 now? I figured they'd fix it.
Rah

Post by Rah »

Huh, Snowmuncher only let me send 5 scores D: And that background you get is so lame xD I really dislike backgrounds with other obvious characters in them!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Still 5 here too. I'm hoping they fix that! I can be persuaded to play games when there's that sort of reward.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Wah! Yes. I have just discovered the same as the rest of you.

What games are people playing for easy 5k?

My current daily list is:

Kass Basher
Spellseeker
Cloud Raiders
Let it Slide
(With the promise of 5k, I might endure the horrible Clara remake)
Dubloon Disaster
Wheeler's Wild Ride
200m Peanut Dash
Attack of the Marblemen
Cave Glider

My criteria is that I can get 1k with minimal effort, or with minimal chance of having failed attempts in the process. (So Wheeler's Wild Ride is annoying, but there should be no reason to ever die before I have enough points, so I tolerate it. Kass Basher I occasionally hit it short, but it's so little effort that I don't mind taking a couple of attempts. See what I mean?)

For people wondering about ratios, this is the place to go. I don't always agree with her on what's an easy score, but it's invaluable for its posting of the point thresholds on each game.

Oh, and fashion fever - it's hideous, but you need absolutely no work to get 300np. It adds up.

So, anyone got any games to add to the list?
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Tubular Kiko Racing. 75% of the time you can get a 1k score just by holding down both arrow keys for most of the course and doing the occasional evasive manoeuvre away from whirlpools.

Catch the Petpet won't get you 1k, but the tiny amount of effort it takes is well worth it (it was quite obviously designed for Petpet Park's younger target audience.)

Why does everyone and their uncle cite Kass Basher as a high-earning game? I don't think I've ever got more than 300 NP a shot from it. For the amount of time it takes to line up a good shot I could play a couple of sponsor games and walk away with more NP.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Kass Basher? Have you got the bat? Once you have then more or less any shot with a 9 strength wind should get you 800m, which is what you need for 1k. Make sure you play with mouse buttons, not space. Hold the mouse button down as the puppet flies upwards, let it go as it's going back down again. When it's getting near the ground, click - for each click you get timed correctly, you'll bounce a little further.

If the wind doesn't look like it wants to get to 9 (remember, it usually goes up or down in 2s, so if you're on even numbers, you probably won't reach 9) then just click and let the puppet drop. As you get better at the timings in the game, you'll find you can get 800m off an 8 or even a 7 (I'm yet to manage anything below that, except maybe the odd 6).

I've also just discovered Tunnel Tumble (it's not on games search, but should be on the Moltara map) - it's Darigan Dodgeball rehashed, and you only need to survive 10 seconds for 1k.

Edit: Oh Em Gee. Imagine if playing just the first level of Kiko Match netted you 1000np New candidate for easiest money ever. Just hit quit after the first level (in which you have the taxing task of matching 3 different types of animal, oh no!) Although it does irresponsibly encourage me to keep pandas and polar bears as pets :0P]

EditEdit: This page is useful as a guide to what's easy and lucrative. Also, Maths Nightmare - play on division and potato counter and you should have the 435 score needed within 3 levels. Division sounds like it's the hardest, but it's not - there are only a finite number of answers. Most are 2, 3, 4 or 5, plus a few 8, 10, 15, 20. So keep your non mouse hand on the little numbers.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Few more things:

Buried Treasure is free today:
http://www.neopets.com/pirates/buriedtr ... ndex.phtml

WoE is also free to spin today:
http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/wheel.phtml

Also apparently Limited edition neopets are being released today. They are being released approximately every 3 hours. So far Chombies, Cybunnies and Hissi have been released. They seem to go on alphabetical order, so Jetsam, Kiko, Koi, Lutari and Poogle might be available next.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Yeah, I'm pretty ticked off that we can only send our scores 5 times >> I mean, if you played Fashion Fever 10 times, that's.. what, 3k? -bad at maths-

..then again, maybe that's why it's only 5. But I hope that gets fixed (or is it already? -checks- Nope, still five.)
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Man, I am playing Pyramids constantly and I have had TWO REs. I've got the Birthday sidebar and everything! This time last year I got a ton - any RE-tips?
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

COME ON TNT YOU SAID IT WAS 10 TIMES NOT FIVE DARN IT !!! :K :K :K ether it is 10 times or it is not !!!

still i think the avie is ok for the most part that sucks with the games although!
EofS

Post by EofS »

I wonder if the switch to 5 plays a day is automated to start on 15/11 every year, and that overrode the manual 10 plays they put in.

Edit:
Welcome, eofs | NP: 100,859 | NC: 150 | Logout
Whew! My maths was a bit out on the 300k reckoning ("well if I normally get 30k a day from games, and I can send scores 10 times..." oops?) but even with only 5 plays, I've managed to profit 100,000. Erm, including a little bit of help from the WoE. But I don't think that was more than 859np.

I'm definitely glad the birthday was on a Sunday! If the 5 plays continues all week like normal, I don't think I will be repeating this every day, but I've definitely got a few more games to play daily now.

Now to go and do all the real life things I should have done today :0P (Actually, I even managed to get up pretty late, go shopping and to the supermarket for a couple of hours, cook, wash up... But I wouldn't want to play this many games every day, even so. Not on days when I, you know, have to do my job.)
Madge

Post by Madge »

It's 10 now but I had to re-launch the game window for each attempt O_o