Free NC Mall box

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Free NC Mall box

Post by mellaka »

You can get a free NC Mall gift box on the first page of the NC Mall. I've seen debates about whether you can get it on sides as well, but I'm not getting any on my side accounts just yet.

But yay for a box for those who can't get one otherwise. (At least, I hope it's available everywhere.)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Free NC Mall box

Post by Marah »

Oh it is a trade box! I would like to know if we can get it on our sides, it would mean I could potentially move some of my free 150 NC stuff around with my pets!

I don't have that much to trade though, only give-away stuff. Would anyone be willing to give me advice? I have:
Blue Jelly Tiara, Sparkling Holiday Stocking, Negg Head Bonk, Silver NC Mall Second Birthday Goodie Bag, Red NC Mall Second Birthday Goodie Bag. Also Evil Coconut Mask allthough I rather like that one in my gallery.

My most coveted item is the fighting staff, but it is elite boutique so I will be playing expellibox for that one. Other than that I would really like: Commemorative Colourful Paper Lantern String Lights. Or possibly Flowering Vine Garland or Trading Post Background for my main. Could I get any of those with what I have to trade if went to the Nc boards? I am a complete NC trading noob so I rather get some advice here first!

Is there also a way to trade an item from my main for an item to be sent to one of my sides? Or is that setting myself up for a scam?
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Just from my limited trade experience, I don't think any of your items would be worth much in a trade Marah. Although, they are mostly retired I think, so if you could find someone that really wanted them, you could do a good trade. But I'm not positive, it would definitely be worth posting on the NC Mall Neoboard. They move relatively slowly, and I've gotten good advice. Just be polite and state that you aren't sure what they are worth or if you could trade them for those items, and people will get back to you.

As for trading to side accounts, that's not a problem. You can't do a direct trade anyway, it is a matter of sending something to their account and they send it to yours, so it really doesn't matter which accounts are receiving, the risk level wouldn't be any different. Of the two NC trades I've done, I've sent one item in exchange for multiple items and in both times gotten different items sent to different accounts without any issue.

The free gift box is wonderful. I hope we get confirmation as to whether we can collect it on our sides or not, as I have items on sides that may not stay there forever.

Edit to add: My experiences with the NC Mall trade boards may not be entirely applicable. After browsing there briefly today, it seems like they are a bit more hectic than normal, considering that many people are in your boat, with items that they can finally trade but really aren't sure what they want or what they have is worth. So It might be worthwhile just to sit and read boards there, and Neomail someone that looks like they know what they are talking about if you want to be sure. ^^
Marah

Post by Marah »

Thanks, I figured as much, specially since all the "no access to the mall" people have these items up for trade. Maybe they were worth something yesterday, but certainly not today :) It seems even harder to get the lanterns because people are allready anticipating them to become retired.

Maybe I will try tomorrow, like you said the boards are crazy right now! Allthough I could just make a post and see what happens. If it gets really bad I'll just run from the computer!
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Does ANYONE have any information on whether you can get this box on sides? I'm itching to send people things, but all my NC stuff is elsewhere.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Yesterday the boards said yes. I allready collected it on 2 of my sides (not even the right ones) and now the boards say no. I'm waiting for the editorial. You'd think by now they would just put up an announcement beforehand....

I'm also staying away from the NC boards from now, I don't think I will be able to trade, at least not right now, so I might as well wait for everything to be a bit calmer. Ah well c'est la vie!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic. ... =137874835

Are we allowed to collect the "Shining Purple Gift Box with Silver Bow" freebie on our side account(s)? People are saying that because it is not a goodie bag and has no contents, that we can also collect it on our sides. I would just like to clarify whether or not it is okay, before potentially making a mistake. Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately, you will not be allowed to collect this or any other NC Mall freebie on your side account(s). Other than your Newbie Pack, you may not collect *anything* on a side account – that includes Neopoints, Neopoint items, or Neocash freebies.

If you have any other questions, don't forget to include the entire text of this e-mail with your username clearly at the top. This will help me better address your situation.

Emily T.
(email removed)
I have no idea if that is an actual TNT email, but the stupid level seems about right for Neo. I thought the rule was that so long as there was no possibility of earning np from the item, you were allowed to collect on sides. Unless it was the 10th birthday celebration avatar. But apparently not.

Stupid rule. I wanted to send a background to a different account, as I've moved the pet I originally sent it for and would like the background to follow. >.<
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

In the past, we were allowed to collect free NC things on our sides - shoot, we were even allowed to collect the free Neocash on our sides when they gave it away. Bah, so confusing.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Yeah, it sounds like a classic "answer depends on who happens to answer your question"...
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I don't think that it is a TNT email - as long as you cannot make a NP profit from something (including items that can be sold for NP), you can do it on your side. We've always been able to claim NC-only things on our sides, including goodie bags that don't contain NP items. My guess is that someone with a grudge against TNT made the email up.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

http://www.neopets.com/~jubby_jubjub1616

I can haz box plz.

Screenie of Neo changing their minds. Which makes a lovely bookend to all the other screenies of them saying no, you may not haz box plz.

http://www.neopets.com/~Judexa

*headdesk* I'm collecting the things on my sides. To hell with it.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

It's official.
With regard to these freebie gift boxes, you may collect them on your side accounts and gift any NC items you may have there. However, we've seen extreme multiple account abuse over the past few days. Therefore, remember that you may only collect the boxes on your (up to) five accounts. You may NOT, under any circumstance, create more accounts to get more boxes. This includes trying to make a loophole in the rules by creating an account, getting the box, then deactivating the account so it doesn't "count" toward your total. Anyone that we see making extra accounts like this to get these gift boxes will be frozen.
Yay TNT!
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Huh. Where was that posted? I'm hearing so many contradictory things I'm getting confused.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

In the editorial. I went ahead and collected on my sides... that's good enough for me.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I hadn't noticed the new editorial.

The reason I can see that they might not want us to collect this on our sides is that it lets us use the free NC from past events to buy stuff and send it to our main. Which I am now doing.