Games Master Challenge 2009

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Silver Link

Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by Silver Link »

It has started! First day is pretty easy but I'm sure it'll get harder later on. justlilly made a helpful guide if anyone needs it

http://www.neopets.com/~GameChallenges
Madge

Re: Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by Madge »

For the lazy, here are the objectives (stole from jellyneo):

Send your NeoFriends a total of 2 Game Challenges on this page: http://www.neopets.com/challenges/send_challenge.phtml.
Send a score of *75 in Kiko Match 2. http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=519
Send 3 scores of 100 or greater in Techo Says. (To do so, you must beat Difficulty 2.) http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=1000
Send a score of:
* 800 in Igloo Garage Sale http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=676
* 500 in Snowmuncher http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=412
Send a score for one of the qualifying games.

Yes the URLs don't look too flashy but whatever, right?

None of the prizes are all that flash, though there's an igloo garage sale background.

EDIT: Kiko Match 2 needs a score of 75, it would seem.
Last edited by Madge on 25 Nov 2009 06:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Feel free to send me game challenges. Send to main account fjorab.

AARGH!! I am HORRIBLE at Techo Says, and the time I managed to beat the second level for the second time, it had a processing-score error. I hope I can make it again (TWICE) in time. (EDIT again - thanks Madge, such a simple yet good idea!)
Last edited by Fjorab_Teke on 25 Nov 2009 06:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Holy crapping hell. Techo Says was about to drive me insane. MYNCIMYNCIMYNCIMYNCIMOEHOG. @_@
Madge

Post by Madge »

Turn your volume off, number the neopets 1-6, and remember the order of the numbers.

For the second level, I wrote them down after getting them mixed up once or twice.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I tried writing them down at first, but I'd always run out of time and have to restart anyway. Eventually, I just ended up getting lucky enough to get a combo I could remember. :< Memory games have never been my forte.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Hm.. I think I'll actually /do/ this one. Never done a Games Master Challenge before, but hey, I'm bored.

I wonder if it's cheating to send the challenges to yourself?
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I am giving a massive, gigantic thumbs down to the new Kass Basher. I can't get higher than 775m on any wind (when I used to exceed the 800m/1k np mark with any 7m/s wind every time), and the wind speeds are now biased to negative numbers. Gah. What was wrong with the old one?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I thought it was changed. Was it ever announced in the news that it was? I was playing it last night and was all "wtf, why does he go straight up now?!" And is it just me, or is it really hard to get a 7+ wind speed now? Almost all of mine were in the negatives.

Who thought it would be a good idea to have the Littlest Pet Shop game actually be set in the screen of a DS. It's so freaking tiny!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Hm, didn't notice this yesterday. You able to do the challenges of days you missed and still have them count? Can't seem to find much information on this.
And blah, not played so many of these games in absolutely ages. This will be quite... something.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I was wondering what you were talking about, Jazzy and Seerow, and now I see. How depressing. :(
derp
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

So there's one challenge I'll never complete already. It's bad enough that you have to get 1700 in Pterattack once, let alone three times. Even trying to look at guides got me a top score of 300 and something. It's a game I never have and never will be good at.

What's more annoying is that it appears American users get an easy, slightly tedious, sponsor game instead of this challenge. :(
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Dear god, I wish everyone could have the Littlest Pet Shop game for the challenge insteead of Pterattack @_@; I could probably get 600 in that easily >.>.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Yeah, the sponsor game is so much easier- I went to try it, just to see, and it's not very difficult to get 600. So whilst the game design is pretty crap, it's still much easier than scoring 1700 once on Pterattack, never mind 3 times. I can see why they had an alternative game, but it should be relatively the same difficulty to get the required score on either game. I'm actually not that bad at Pterattack, even, but it's still hard for me (and 1700 is way over the score you need to get 1000np). Maybe there's a typo there.

I was thinking only a couple of days ago that Kass Basher should have an option to turn the sound off. I think that's the only improvement with the new game (and dammit, I unlocked the bat again not that long ago, so that was frustrating too- though understandable, at least).
Neopets wishlists: here
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

There's no way in hell I can get 1700 in Pterattack 3 times with a current high score of, er, 205. The boards say that the score's easy if you collect only the red powerups, but there's a certain degree of luck in getting that far in the first place...