Games Master Challenge 2009

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Noodles

Re: Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by Noodles »

For the Wicked Wocky Wobble: there's no penalty for not catching items, so don't even bother getting any of the lower-scoring things. Once I worked that out it was much easier...
Image Image
Faun

Post by Faun »

This is....suprisingly easy.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

For what it's worth, that Littlest Pet Shop sponsor game was absolutely adorable! I loved the DS layout. I also feel bad that the other countries got cheated out of such a cakewalk of a game.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ugh, I hated it. :-P Then again, I think LPS is horribly creepy. The ones in the background were annoying and distracting.

Wicked, yes, I'll just call that game by that name. But I do guess this is supposed to be a little challenging. I generally only play the games I personally find easy...such as Kass Basher (though I haven't played it in the past few days to see what everyone's talking about).
Madge

Post by Madge »

Looking at today's challenges is making me very sad :(.

Meepit Juice Break is a game I've never really got the hang of it, and when I was playing today I did managed to get 2,705 points but the score didn't send, played for another half hour and then gave up (for now!)

As for Moon Rock Rampage... 800 points? ugggh! Thank goodness I figured you can kill the enemies with the space bar or I'd be even more frustrated :P
Faun

Post by Faun »

I epic fail at meepit juice break. T_T
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Kari

Post by Kari »

Blah, I played a lot of today's games yesterday for the "send score in 30 games" thing (I usually play every game from the top of the list that I haven't played yet), so now I have to do extra today.
Also, I really freaking HATE Time Tunnel. I don't think like that.
derp
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Eurg, finally managed to get 800 in Moon Rock Rampage, I hate that game so much!
Kari

Post by Kari »

Yeah, now I'm having trouble on the damn Meepit game. The guide is no help either since it's written by an expert.
derp
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

This is the day I apparently officially drop out: That's 1000 points higher than my Meepit Juice Break high, and I don't think I can make the score for Moon Rock Rampage, either. And, I'm flying home today and really don't have time to play.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Tip for Moon Rock Rampage.

If you can make it to level 11 once, you can restart from the menu from level 10.

There is a 250 piece in that level.

Grab it, die from lack of time (DO NOT GET KILLED BY MONSTERS) and repeat twice. The other piece gives 50 points.

I didn't struggle on anything today. Took me 5 or less tries for all challenges, including the stupid minigolf, which I got on games 2,4 and 5. Stupid, stupid game.

The code "rampage" gives you a spare life.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

JellyNeo has a good (IMO) guide for Moon Rock Rampage.

The Meepit Juice Break score is too high for me, can't get past like, 1800, so I'm skipping it. Sucks, I'd really like that Turtum.

I'm also not gonna worry about getting the 'play x many games' ones.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I think I might play the X many games on the last day so I don't have to worry about it until then.

I managed to get 2700 in MJB, I think it's all about getting a reasonable score in the first few levels and trying to get the same colour while you have long time to feed them as well as using all the pipes you can. When the meepits start getting to 30 seconds FEED THE BASTARDS QUICK.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

That's my strategy, Madge, although I don't just start feeding the bastards any color til the timers start at 10 seconds. :P My high score is 5,582, but that was a long time ago. I got 3,500ish today.

Just try to use up every single pipe in the first few levels -- you get a 50-point bonus. In the next few levels, feed the proper colors and use as many pipes as possible in the time allotted. In any round, when it says you have one meepit left to feed, try to feed two or three at once for extra points... just pick one of the colors. And use the code hungrymeepits anytime for an extra life.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Oh! Just the word meepits works to give you an extra life too..:D shorter to type out!
Image Image
ImageImage