Games Master Challenge 2009

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by Wingsrising »

For some reason I thought LAST NIGHT was, well, the last night? There's more? Dammit.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

x_x' Now I know why I never played Barf Boat before.. what were they thinking when they made that? o_O;
-is totally not trying out the public bitching thing-
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

400...on barf boat?! ...

FFFF
Image Image
ImageImage
Faun

Post by Faun »

I found barf boat eady. o_0 but im totally stuck on spinacles.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Barf boat isn't especially difficult - it's a far easier version of the wobbly wocky game. I found it a lot more straightforward once I turned my sound off :P

For the challenges where you have to play a certain number of games, an easy way to find out how many games you've played is to copy and paste the list into a text editor and do a case-sensitive search for "Complete". The number of results will be the number you've played. I wish I'd worked this out a couple of days ago and not on 83 games...
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

With spinacles you have to gather as much smilies as you can on the screen and then start shooting them away. For every shot you delete smilies in consecutive order (so without missing, canon balls or just adding smilies without clearing them) every smilies is worth +1.

So say every shot you clear three smilies: then the first is 3 x1, the second 3 x2 and the third 3 x3. You miss, the next smilie is worth 1 again. (I hope that explanation was understandable.)

Also don't clear the levels, just keep adding smilies to the circle. You should be able to get the score within the first 4 or 5 levels.

Another tip, if your collection of smilies isn't too big you can "throw away" special smilies like the canon ball by shooting them to the side. Just aim completely horizontal, the ball will bounce to the sides +/- 5 times and then will disappear.

I'm 29/40. I have no clue what I could play for my last game, but I would like to make it 30. And I want my thought bubble!I've played stupid spinacles for one and a half hour, I want my prize.

( I was watching Midsomer Murders also, which acounts for the dying at 3322 the first try. grrrrr)
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Yay, lucky I had a slow day at work today and got up to 39/40, with only Spinacles left to do. My high score is 4100, so I think I can do it. I just know it will take a long time and will be leaving work in about an hour, with stuff to do after work.

For Super Hasee Bounce, my previous high score was like 712 but I was able to get the needed score by playing on regular rather than hard. The points add up a lot slower, and it took me the whole game to do it, but I guess fewer obstacles really helped. I just don't get the logic of that game - sometimes you can break blocks; sometimes you can't. Sometimes the evil pointy balloon will kill you; sometimes you can break it. Sometimes you can hit obstacles without getting dizzy, etc., etc. I'm just glad I got the score.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Yeah, I got like 302 on my first try of Barf Boat.. then I couldn't get such a good score again o_o; It's just.. whatever. I'll do a different challenge xD.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

GOOD news the hasse bounce game is still x1 only not x3 so i just got it whew now on to barf boat NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i did not complete the exam game to hard for me but i hopefully can get barf boat done
Marah

Post by Marah »

Mellaka, I think the breaking of the blocks has to do with balloons or bonuses you pick up. But even knowing that, I'm not able to predict what will happen next!

I'm 30/40 and very happy with that.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Imperial Exam is pretty easy for me, actually o_O;.

Managed to get 400 on Barf Boat. I'm never playing that ever again x_x; I'm fine with getting a Level 5 trophy.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

i am aiming for at least a level 7 i wanted the level 8 but i am really bad at spelling so i hopefully will get 38-39 /40
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

36/40 for me. I managed to do Barf Boat (yuck, but eventually got there) for 35 and then I tried Super Hasee Bounce and got it first time. I wasn't expecting to be able to do it, as I played it quite a bit when it first came out and so I thought my high score of 700ish would be the best I could do.

I think I could do Spinacles given more time and practice (especially as it's a game I like) but I'm not sure I would ever be able to do Crisis Courier or Gwyl because of the accurate mouse control required. And MJB would have to be in Zen mode, and I really don't have the time to spend doing that.
Neopets wishlists: here
Marah

Post by Marah »

Barf boat I can live without, eeewww. I also played a game called snot splatter or something. I actually liked the game, but really, they couldn't have made it water drops or jelly?

I skipped super hasee bounce, barf boat, stowaway sting (I just can't handle the fact that the board your little puppet walks on is turned. somehow my brain is unable to connect the direction I'm supposed to be walking in with the corresponding keys on my keyboard. I tried turning my laptop my bit, but that didnt help enough), gwyl's great escape, crisis courier, escape to kreludor & co., meepit juice break, wicked wocky wobble and pterattack.

I guess the game challenge was an actual challenge this year! (for me at least :) )
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm at 39/40 with only Spinacles to go. I like it, but I'm having trouble getting past 2400 points. I don't do enough random shooting/racking up easy points in early levels, I guess. I find that boring -- I really like getting big strings of combos in the later levels! I'll suck it up and try again, though.