Games Master Challenge 2009

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Games Master Challenge 2009

Post by Cranberry »

If I find the game fun, I'll play it until I lose. If the game sucks, I'll play until I get a score, any score, and then quit and send it. I don't end up playing many games for long. :P

I didn't have any trouble with today's challenges; I'm now 35/35. The spelling one was kind of tedious, though.
EofS

Post by EofS »

*sobs*
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

My highest is 2304 so far, though it didn't go through because of their goddamn processing problems

Stand tall, you'll get it eventually
Madge

Post by Madge »

Note for anyone like me who plays shortly after midnight NST, it seems that at 12:40 am NST any game windows you have open will stop being able to send scores (giving the "please close and re-open the pop up window" error), so if you're playing games around that time try not to get on a meepit marathon or whatever during that time!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Madge wrote:Note for anyone like me who plays shortly after midnight NST, it seems that at 12:40 am NST any game windows you have open will stop being able to send scores (giving the "please close and re-open the pop up window" error), so if you're playing games around that time try not to get on a meepit marathon or whatever during that time!
Yeah, especially if you're in Zen mode.
:)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I ended up going 32 of 35: I didn't even try Meepit Juice Break and I gave up on Crisis Courier and Gwyl's Great Escape.

I think this is the first year I didn't finish all of them, but meh. Life's too short.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Oh EofS, I think I would have thrown my computer out the window with a score like that! That must be soooo frustrating. Poor you!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Agh, what a horrible end, E! I've pretty much given up on it, but i think i'm going to make full use of my cash ones. And same with the plot ones since that's been stated in the news. The rest, i might just try and see how far i get, but i won't bust guts on it since i've "lost" anyway.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

What I find most annoying is the amount of times my score isn't being processed. If they want me to play 85 games and some of them 3 times, they better make sure it registers as actually having been played!
Madge

Post by Madge »

Also, today you have to play Super Hasee bounce, and even though it says 3x I got my prize with 1 score of 850 - might want to play it ASAP before TNT "fixes" it.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Bleh to today's challenges. I did do the rate 20 games one, but that's it.

So, 32/40. I'm on dial-up. No way am I gonna play 30 + more games.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

*shamelessly goes ahead to exploit public bitching law*

I'm having the worst time with Spinacles today. I played 7 very long games and I can't seem to get above 2200 points.
My highest score is 4100 so I have no idea why I'm doing so lousy today *kicks game*

Also, I seem to have hit the item multiplying glitch the boards have been talking about yesterday - each time I click inventory or game challenge main page copies of Dr Sloth Collectables and Anti-Sea Sick Pills fill my inventory. I think I discarded around 30 already.

EDIT: It worked! 40/40.
I'm so glad to be done with this!
Last edited by zebru on 01 Dec 2009 06:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I've had a busy Thanksgiving week so haven't been keeping up with this thread. Yesterday I did MJB on zen and got the score needed for this and the avatar - yay. I've been meaning to do that for a while now so it gave me the excuse.

Otherwise, I'm 34/40. I have the last two "play x amount of games" challenges to do plus Snowbeast Snackrifice, Super Hasee Bounce, Spinacles and Barf Boat. Of course it's ending on a day when I have to work all day and have family plans tonight, and then friend plans after that, so I really don't know if I will be able to finish.

I didn't read through the thread yet, but if anyone else is still having trouble with Gwyl's, on the one level where you start out at the top and see the gold statue there, and the cave pretty much goes straight down, collect all the gems on that level and then die purposely at the bottom (if you haven't used your extra life yet). Then, when you start the level over with a fresh life, you will have all the gems so get over to the statue as fast as you can. You will get a very nice time bonus, which will make the score easier. Offhand I'm thinking it's level 3 but I'm not entirely sure. I have a trophy in the game but was having trouble with the score until I remembered that tip.

Edit: Well I read back and see the Gwyl's tip was mentioned, but I'll leave it here anyway.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Well, I ended up with 34/40. I'm not going to bother trying to achieve a full house as I'm on a (pretty old) Macbook here at my boyfriends flat that can't fully cope with the likes of Crisis Courier and I don't even know how batty I'd go trying to get 850 three times in Super Hasee Bounce, ditto with Snowbeast Snackrifice (I am awful at that game) and Gwyl's Great Escape. I'm afraid I don't have the patience!

I managed Barf Boat which I have never played before and I have to admit, it made me laugh watching a tiny Warf projectile vomit all over the place. Meepit Juice Break was also easy enough as I have the avatar.
Last edited by Fury on 02 Dec 2009 07:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm on 32/40 and not doing the remaining ones: Advert Attack, Super Hasee Bounce, Gwyl, Moon Rock Rampage, Spinacles, MJB, Pterattack and Crisis Courier. Because I know I have no chance in Crisis Courier, I'm really not bothered about trying to complete my other missing games.