Worm finding in Moltara

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: 1st Look at the new "Magma" Pets: Magma Xweetok!

Post by Wingsrising »

Ditto here -- everything but Rainbow and Black.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I've got everything except Rainbow and Purple. My black worm looked purple on the map, but when I picked it up, black.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I can't find the black one... I refreshed a ton at several different times throughout the evening. Maybe I refreshed past it early on and now I have to wait until tomorrow or something... who knows.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I'm having the same difficulty, Cranberry, only with my rainbow worm. I found the others with very little searching, but I'm beginning to wonder if I can find that last one before I've got to crash for the night. At least I know where it'll be, so I'm not having to search the entire map with each refresh.

After the way they graded the AotA's trophies, I hate to not finish this the day it comes out, just in case it turns into something bigger, but damn. I am so ready to do something else now.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I finally got that black one just now, so I've got them all.

They're awfully cute, so I'm just gonna keep them for now.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Hah, the first thing i saw when i went to the lantern shop the first time was - voila - a lantern! I guess i'm off to hunt worms!

I hope if this is the way to obtain Magma pets, that they can be transferred. I actually like the color as a whole, though it's done far better on some pets than on others. If the Uni were done as nicely as the Peopin (especially the mane, for shame!), i'd be tempted to make Neightmare one - but i think she'll get the Magma Peophin treatment. The Fire Peophin is pretty, but the Magma one is even prettier AND nightmarish!

EDIT: I'm playing with Igneot's Cave, and i asked, "How do I use the Magma Pool?" He answers, "The solution lies in your hands."
Then i reworded it a little, "How can I use the Magma Pool?" Answer: "The fire has gone out, the answer is no."
And then, "Can I use the Magma Pool?" Answer: "The darkness is here and will not be overcome."
"May I use the Magma Pool?" "The answer is before you."
Hmm...i don't know if it's relevant or not.

I'm also roaming around Moltara just in case and going back to the main pages and refreshing. I had 6 worms, now i just got the white one. :)
Felid

Post by Felid »

It seems that once you have all 10 worms then you can go to the Dark Cave where you will find a red moltite.Once you have the moltite you then return your lantern back to Lampwick where you will receive a Friendly Glowing Lantern (wearable - currently around 29k on the Shop Wiz) in exchange.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

You need to use the option "fill it with worms" first on the lantern to get a Brightly Lit Lantern you can use to explore the caves.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Here's the hilarious message you get when you go to pick up your lantern again:
Something has happened!
"Disaster has struck! A team of silent ninjas broke in and stole the worms from the lantern while I was sleeping. You must find them again!"
Why didn't I just keep them in my locked SDB? They can survive on my omelettes and rotten sandals.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Jazzy wrote:Here's the hilarious message you get when you go to pick up your lantern again:
Something has happened!
"Disaster has struck! A team of silent ninjas broke in and stole the worms from the lantern while I was sleeping. You must find them again!"
Why didn't I just keep them in my locked SDB? They can survive on my omelettes and rotten sandals.
Heh, mine's simply escaped.

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone found any of the gears? I've been refreshing like mad since yesterday and haven't found a single one.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I've decided I'm staying at 8 worms. They're cute but that's way too much refreshing to get an item that I can buy for <20k!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I have 8 now. I actually missed a black one yesterday. I went to Moltara had to leave my computer and when I came back he was there but it was too late to catch him :(

Edit: 10! and some scrap metal, no cogs.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I got moltite last night but I will continue looking for worms...

I need this guy. Adorable headless griffin thing! :D
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Are people still finding worms? It's been ages since I found any, and I still need those damned black and rainbow ones.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I found both rainbow and black right after the other. The time might have been just after 40 minutes past the hour (don't know which hour). I have no idea if time has anything to do with it, but I just found it very odd that after so much refreshing both of them showed up around the same time.