Discounts at the Hidden Tower?!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Discounts at the Hidden Tower?!

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Someone just brought my attention to this. There seems to be a small discount going on at the Hidden Tower-- baby paintbrushes, for instance, are now 582k instead of 600k. This is very perplexing since:

- It isn't any kind of Faerie-related theme day today
- There's been no announcement in the news
- The HT never does discounts, even on Half Price Day

So I wonder what's going on?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fury

Re: Discounts at the Hidden Tower?!

Post by Fury »

It's the (or one of the) rewards TNT promised long-term members of Neopets. It seems to be that any account over 60 months can take advantage of the 3% discount. :D Nice surprise!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Yes! a very pleasant surprise :) And I'm assuming it's "over 60 months" thing as well because my main, and all my side accounts that are over 5 years old are elligible too.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jax
Human Avatar: 475124

Post by Jax »

Oh WOW, that is awesome! Any idea how long this will last? I'd love to take advantage of the baby paintbrush but am a tad bit short XD
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Of course I just bought a royal paint brush not too long ago. :)

Ah well, c'est la vie. I'm just glad Neo does something nice for older users. I'm still holding a slight grudge over the fact that I can never get a Frogler!
Taeyna

Post by Taeyna »

Aww, I just bought a darigan PB three days ago. Nevermind, it will come in handy when I finally make a darigan peo and also yay for TNT for doing something for the older users.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

That's funny, Taeyna, the new discount actually was the incentive for me to buy a Darigan PB, as a gift for my little sister to paint her Peophin. She basically has all these expensive pets she wants for her account to look pretty, she barely plays, but she's a great sister so I decided to make the purchase.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

And... it seems to be gone again? Maybe it wasn't supposed to go live yet. *watches New Features intently*
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Huh, weird! I hope nobody gets frozen for "abusing" it. *rolls eyes* I bought an extra Darigan PB just in case, but chances are i'll end up selling it IF i can... well, let's just say that my Peophin has been my active pet for far too long and will be until i can quit my griping about a certain petpetpet.
Taeyna

Post by Taeyna »

Ailiel wrote:That's funny, Taeyna, the new discount actually was the incentive for me to buy a Darigan PB, as a gift for my little sister to paint her Peophin. She basically has all these expensive pets she wants for her account to look pretty, she barely plays, but she's a great sister so I decided to make the purchase.
Oops, didn't make that very clear. I had just bought a darigan pb for 1.4mil to paint my chomby, but I am also planning on making a darigan peophin with several crosspaints (when I have a bit more nps), so the dargian/royal discounts would have saved me ~100k. I really do hope TNT brings this back permanetly.