Expect a... baby KRAWK?

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Expect a... baby KRAWK?

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I seem to be the one making all the incredulous posts today... but the word on the HC is that THIS has turned up on the image servers.

clo_baby_krawk_diaper.gif

Since the nappy doesn't have a Krawk ON it, it's reasonable to assume that it refers to an actual Baby Krawk. This seems very confusing, since Krawks begin life as Petpets. On the other hand, there's such a thing as a Baby Draik even though there are Draik eggs, so... *shrug*
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Rah

Re: Expect a... baby KRAWK?

Post by Rah »

Yeah I never got why everyone thought there could never be a baby krawk. I mean, the very idea of using a paint brush to alter the physical characteristics of a pet are absurd anyway, so why it couldn't extend to krawks I don't know.

Haha, I envision a lot of people with UC krawks as their boochi/invisible RE blocker suddenly having to go through a lot of account shuffling if this does happen!
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

@_@ that really sucks for those people with UC Krawks as pretty-yet-untouchable actives.

Krawk Day is in April, so if they stick to the pattern of only releasing new colours on pet days, people have some time to shuffle. (But I don't remember if they *only* release new pet colours on the pet's special day or if they sometimes diverge from that?...)

The bib is so cute with the big pink K!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Rah

Post by Rah »

If there is a baby lutari maybe they're having a Baby day? (Or is there one already?)
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

There's a baby-themed caption on JellyNeo, so I would assume that there may be a random Baby Day coming up - there's not been one before but TNT will do randomly-themed days sometimes. At least there's another Lutari colour! Poor colour-deprived Lutaris.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

*cries*

I hope this isn't true. It's nice for those of us who have completely unconverted pet accounts, to have at least SOME pets that are not vulnerable to Boochi, and Krawks are also immune to invisibility...

PLEASE no.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Ha, like champagnesoup I think I'm more surprised about the prospect of a new colour (of any sort) for the Lutari!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Next Wednesday probably, since every Wednesday has a random theme. Intriguing...
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Larkspurlane wrote:@_@ that really sucks for those people with UC Krawks as pretty-yet-untouchable actives.

Krawk Day is in April, so if they stick to the pattern of only releasing new colours on pet days, people have some time to shuffle. (But I don't remember if they *only* release new pet colours on the pet's special day or if they sometimes diverge from that?...)

The bib is so cute with the big pink K!
There have been random colour releases before, especially on theme days. The more obvious days to get colours not on a regular pet day are ones such as Grey Day, Tyrannia Day, Mutant Day, and Halloween but I seem to recall them having a speckled day once before and releasing a speckled pet on it...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh God, Ailiel, I thought of you and your gorgeous main account as soon as I saw the topic. x.x

I so, so hope this is something other than the obvious, but knowing Neo, they've decided that the majority of their users aren't going to be satisfied unless they can have baby Krawks and Lutari.

Hopefully before this happens it will occur to someone in middle management that their users can't spend nc on baby pets, and as Krawks are one of the most dressed species, this move might trigger a small-yet-noticeable down-tick in their profits.

What? =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

My active is a basic-colored Krawk (Finally bit the bullet and turned my Robot basic), so I no longer mind it.

But shit, I feel it for people that DO have UC Krawks as actives (I had one for a while, a UC Maraquan Krawk.)
Laniv

Post by Laniv »

I don't really mind, since I'm never going to be able to own a Krawk anyways.

But yeah, a lot of people are going to be angry with TNT. And sadly it probably will get released soon, unlike other pets...*coughMutantWockycough*
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

If TNT did decide to officially endorse the idea of avoiding random events, there are other paths that they could take rather than holding back a new pet colour for the sake of it. One simple idea would be a small, unobtrusive freestanding trinket that prevented the wearer from being hit by Boochi-- sold fairly dearly in one of the Neopian shops, it would help to suck up some of the inflated NP people earned in December. Maybe we should suggest something like that?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Or sold in the NC mall. People will pay out the ass for such a thing.
Image Image
ImageImage