Daily Dare

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Daily Dare

Post by Marah »

The Neoboards suggest restarting until you get Ylana Skyfire.
and since you don't get to pick which card you play at what point I really don't get that tip. I played on hard and got it on my second try. (First time I tried to let the mynci win on his last four cards but he just had some very bad cards left.)

This game takes patience though, I watched Dr Who confidential while playing. :D
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think it's because if you're playing on Hard, she has a decent chance of winning if you're in a streak where the mynci picks the category. Most cards, two out of three of your numbers haven't a hope in hell of winning, but all three of her stats are decent so there's a better chance with her than with someone more unbalanced like Roothless.

Personally, however, I saw her lose often enough that it didn't matter :P My game had Bruno Transformed, Roothless and Fyora (highest Courage, Int and Charisma in the whole game, respectively) so Ylana usually didn't stand a chance. A card that's got an unbeatable stat on it is ultimately better than a good all-rounder.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

...so hours of playing, fuck it up at 24450

Nice as it is to beat AAA on the first day..yea. No. Oh well.
Image Image
ImageImage
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I totally didn't have the patience to try for AAA.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Ok, Carnival of Terror has replaced Crisis Courier as the easiest game so far. It only took me one game to beat AAA's score and that took maybe 2 minutes? With CC, I had to play a few times to remember the layout but I already have the CoT avatar so it was too easy
Madge

Post by Madge »

Man, I'm crap at Carnival of Terror :(. I can't seem to break 300 - I never have enough ammo or time!

Does anyone know how many days of competitions there are? I really cbf trying to beat CoT today.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I think it lasts 32 days
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Wow, AAA's score is really low. I didn't hesitate to challenge him. It took about 15 minutes .

For anyone who needs some cheats, type: (piecrust = more ammo, custard= more health)

CoT II blows because there's no cheat for time anymore. I was out on day 12, because I missed two days and didn't even notice.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I've done pretty well so far. I've beaten AAA on all but 3 challenges so far. Chariot Chase and Snot Splatter I had to go with Abi. I will beat him on Spinacles, damnit. I want those earrings. I'm just gonna have to set aside some time to do it.

I can't get any of the top trophies though. Day after the DD started, my internet went down for about 4 days, so that screwed me.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm by no means a gamesmaster, but I did beat AAA and it wasn't my highscore either, so a few tips for anyone who's never played Pterattack before:

- Fireballs. Fireballs fireballs fireballs. (The red-orange gems.) The purple ones, boomerang throwing, are a midway-decent substitute but fireballs are where it's at. At the highest level the other skills just don't compare.
- Once your skill is at level 3 or 4, your priority is NOT avoiding the Pteradactyls. It's avoiding the skill gems. If you pick up one of any other colour than you're using it'll bump you back down to level one and you're in trouble.
- I tend to keep restarting until I have a level 2 fireball skill by the end of the first level. On the first level, there is no need to put yourself in the line of danger to shoot the green Dactyls-- I've found the brown ones are equally likely to drop gems at this point, and there seems to be no difference in score for shooting them.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
varii

Post by varii »

I am all caught up on Daily Dare after FINALLY beating AAA at Snot Splatter. Ugh, that game is not fun to play while you have a cold.
rei @ neopets
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I think you could've stopped at "that game is not fun to play" :P

Pterattack hates me: I have never once had two red fireballs in level 1 (I actually have always had to wait until level 3 for that), and when it was the challenge game for that screwed up system whereby the US got sponsor games and we got that, I just gave up on it. Through sheer blind luck, however, I got 1610 on my first proper go :D The first two didn't count, because I kept dying on about 40 points misjudging where the edges of the pterodactyls were. They're a bit bigger than the graphics.
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

It's probably best to wait until level 3 to get 2 fireballs. By then, they come faster and faster and it'll be harder to dodge and/or kill the enemies
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I've never gotten more than 200 on Pterattack, but I beat AAA today (using tips from SunnyNeo). Yay! Now I gotta figure out if I wanna keep the prize or not. It looks cute in the preview, but I don't know if I'd ever actually put it on a pet.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I love Pterattack, easy AAA win for me. I won't pass up the purple weapon-orb if it's offered before orange, and if i get a second purple before i see an orange, i'll keep purple. My scores tend to be similar on them. But yes, orange is slightly better because of sheer coverage. It might sound obvious, but - just hold down the space bar during the entire game.

Stay slightly forward so you have some reaction time when the Grarrl appears.

I really hate that white pterodactyl. Anymore it seems to ALWAYS be aimed straight at me no matter where i'm positioned. :P

I'm amused by my scrolly eyes for a minute after i've been playing, hehe.