Minor art updates

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Minor art updates

Post by Jessi »

A couple of days late for the spooky foods shop, but JESUS, TNT! Please start saving with a file type that doesn't dither! I want to love that image, but the dithering is just so, so awful!
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

The Usul from the Petpet shop looks Swedish to me - for some odd reason !!!

AND the Tiki Tack Man is trying to convince me to buy this totem ... by pushing it in my face .. literally

:shock:
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Woah, the Bank Skeith has changed - he's actually in a bank! I'm not sure what I think:
Old image here, for comparison:
http://www.helpyourneopet.net/files/bankmanager.gif
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm not keen. The old Bank Skeith had less detail, but he did have a smugly relaxed expression that said "billionaire tycoon" to me. This one looks suspicious, as if he thinks you're going to make off with the coins on the desk (which are surely the barest fraction of his wealth). Also, those are some HUGE Neopoints.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

that grin doesn't help me at all .. it looks like he's going to take off with all of our savings and escape to the Bahamas ... (or Mystery Island , for that matter) ...
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

solid_119 wrote: it looks like he's going to take off with all of our savings and escape to the Bahamas ...
A perfect resemblance to a real-life banker, then! </cynic>

Yeah, I preferred the old one, maybe just because it's one of those places I visit every day and I'm so used to it.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Haken

Post by Haken »

It was quite a surprise for me when I saw the new image when visiting the bank. I like the background. As for the Skeith itself, I'm a bit iffy on. His overbite looks way too bih and unnatural compared to normal skeiths and it looks almost like he lost weight compared to the old skeith O.o (but that might be just me).

His expression creeps me out though, the old one did look a lot more relaxed. And the neopoints he's holding look oddly placed.
solid_119

Post by solid_119 »

hey guys the Clothing Shop Uni got a makeover

I personally hate it .. he or she looks high and the background is half-done .. those aren't clothes shelves .. they look like towels .. and a hat?? .. he or she (I still don't know which) should be standing amidst racks upon racks of clothes ... !!!

I AM DISAPPOINT
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Her hand bothers me on a deep level.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

OH MY GOSH WHAT THE HELL IS THAT A UNI WITH A HAND HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE I DON'T EVEN
EofS

Post by EofS »

I don't have a problem with them having shelves with folded clothes on. Does that never happen in shops where you are? It's not uncommon here... Particularly it would make me think of somewhere rather higher-end. Why shouldn't they sell a hat?

If I hold my hand over the arm and hand, so I can just see her head and body, I like her design a lot. It works well. But like Ty, the hand is deeply bothersome. Is it worse or better that they keep the hoof colouration? I can't even decide.

(I'm reasonably certain she's a she.)
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I don't have a problem with them having shelves with folded clothes on. Does that never happen in shops where you are? It's not uncommon here... Particularly it would make me think of somewhere rather higher-end.
Or Primark.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Shirts and jeans are often folded and put on shelves here. Also sometimes underwear. Heh.
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

For some reason, I have gone my entire Neopian life thinking that Uni was male. His/her entire appearance and behaviour in my head (and yes, I have thought about his/her behaviour, for fanfic purposes) seems out of whack now. Am I sexist for feeling that?

Not that any of that doesn't pale into insignificance next to that HAND. I think I'm going to have to tell myself it's a glove on a display stand that s/he happens to be next to. It's the only way I'll sleep at night.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yup, hand is just on a stick it uses to point at things. That works for me. But... how is it holding the stick???? *explodes*
Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:For some reason, I have gone my entire Neopian life thinking that Uni was male.
It's got Agnetha from ABBA's hair and Elton John's glasses - I'm not surprised you're confused. We might not be able to tell its gender, but we can safely say it's come from the 1970s.

And is that Wally/Waldo's shirt it's trying to flog?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark