Festival of Neggs

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Festival of Neggs

Post by Marah »

I have a new found respect to whoever figured this out, let alone in a timely manner. They are awesome!
specially the click on the nostril part, I didn't get that at all from the hint!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Nogitsune wrote:Yes, in fact I now have two Bubbling Snot Cheeses. I didn't get the message either time.
Did you buy the cheeses to mix, or did you earn them? It doesn't work if you don't earn them from Cheeseroller.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

EofS wrote:
Nogitsune wrote:Yes, in fact I now have two Bubbling Snot Cheeses. I didn't get the message either time.
Did you buy the cheeses to mix, or did you earn them? It doesn't work if you don't earn them from Cheeseroller.
I got them both from Cheeseroller. I've now got three Bubbling Snot Cheeses and no messages from Jhuidah. I'm completely at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Really weird. And you got the clue telling you to go to Cheeseroller in the first place?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

And nothing happens if you just visit the next place you need to go to? You might have adblocked the notification box, hence not seeing it.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

The third quest is up- the same as the first, you have to visit areas of Neopia. This time it's Kiko Lake, Krawk Island, Maraqua, Mystery Island (including Geraptiku) and Roo Island.

I quite enjoyed the second quest, but this one is boring again. The worst thing is
Spoiler: open/close
It's the same prize as the first quest... why? Is it a glitch or just that they couldn't think up anything else?
ETA: full list of links http://www.neopets.com/~Qiaxon
Last edited by daisybell on 23 Mar 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neopets wishlists: here
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Regarding the prizes, I suppose it's too much to ask that Festival Neggs will be useful for anything other than negg points? That said, if they do become more common, they might bring down the prices of the Cool Negg et al.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Jazzy wrote:And nothing happens if you just visit the next place you need to go to? You might have adblocked the notification box, hence not seeing it.
No, but I figured out the problem. I kept adding a third ingredient. Apparently you can mix only the two cheeses in order to get the clue. Thanks for the help!
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Kari has a new quest! I'm beginning to think this whole thing is a dry run for TNT to see if people are still interested in puzzle-plot-type things. Judging by the boards, it's a success.

Quest solution:
1. After accepting the quest, go to the Spooky Petpets shop in the Haunted Woods.
2. Visit different locations in the Haunted Woods. The most common place for the quest is said to be the Hallowe'en Paint Brushes stand. (I suppose it has to be useful for SOMETHING.)
3. WARNING: Do NOT start this step if you have a headache! Click the link to be shown a special image of the Haunted Woods. Look VERY CAREFULLY for a little glowing blob creature. Click it. (Do NOT just click anywhere-- it'll make this quest take longer. If you can't find the Petpet, click "keep looking" to refresh the page. Keep doing this until you get the next clue.
4. Play the Flash game "Carnival of Terror".
5. Visit the Esophagor.
6. Go to Neovia and find the crumpet shop. There should be a single cinnamon scone in there at a very low price (you may have to refresh a bit for it to appear). Buy it.
7. Return to the Esophagor.
8. Visit the Brain Tree.
9. Complete the puzzle he gives you. (Don't worry, no dead Neopians of ages past are involved.)
10. Return to Kari.
Prizes:
Image Image Image Image Image
Bag of Slymook Food -- Guide to wild Petpets -- Petpet Catching Net -- Cinnamon and Sugar Scone -- Brain Tree Puzzle
Yeah, somehow you even get to keep the scone. Don't ask me. I adore the net, though.

Completion Prize:
Behold! A hat!
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

If anyone's having trouble finding the tiny Slymook on the map, check the image URL. If it's map_00{something}, the Slymook isn't on it. I adblocked all map_00 URLs, so I would only see the map image if there was actually a Slymook on it.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Was something supposed to happen when I visited Esophagor for the first time? I'm not getting a quest and I'm not finding the scone. Or was it like the PB thing where you have to keep refreshing to get the quest from Esophagor?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It should be that you turn up at the Esophagor, just on the initial page, and one of those quest boxes pops up saying ffffffeeeeedddddd mmmeeeee bbbbbbllllllllaaaaaaaahhhhh bbbbbbblllllllllaaaaaahhhhh right at the top. It's not an Esophagor quest and you don't need to accept/do a quest for him - he just wants you to get something for him. Have you properly completed the step before? If you have, you'll have been given a Petpet Catching Net; if you haven't got that, then you need to go back to the game and send the required score. If you're also missing the Guide to Wild Petpets, you've not completed the step before that one.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

That entire thing was no fun. :(
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I've been using the guide over on JellyNeo. It's usually updated pretty quickly and has handy links to the places you need to visit. Clicky.
I rather enjoyed the puzzle in this one, definitely wasn't expecting that!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Got it now. Turns out there's a minimum score of 300 on Carnival of Terror, I had only gotten 250.

I liked the puzzle. My 5-year-old laptop wasn't so thrilled, though...