Festival of Neggs

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Festival of Neggs

Post by Jazzy »

Back to the clicking-lots-of-links type of quest, this time in five places with a monarchy.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:Back to the clicking-lots-of-links type of quest, this time in five places with a monarchy.
Ok, now that makes a lot more sense than the earlier clue and explains why lots of people (me included) found it in Meridell, despite that not fitting the clue at all, and nobody found it in the Haunted Woods, despite that being explicitly described in the clue.

For those who didn't see it, the original clue:
To the land that won the first Altador Cup
Or two lands that have never left the 1st Round
Or a land that doesn't even have a team.
I like that they're alternating plotty quests with annoying clicking quests. I think the complicated type every three days would be a bit intense to be honest. Not that I love the annoying clicky ones. (Especially having had to click every single link in Faerieland, Moltara, Brightvale, Shenkuu and Meridell, including all submaps, before I found today's negg thanks to the wrong bloody clue going up.)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

So why these Monarchies? Faerieland, Brightvale, Meridell, Maraqua, Roo Island, Altador and the Lost Desert all have kings, queens or princesses as head of states. actually I'm not even sure shenkuu is a monarchy, the neopedia describes it as a city, not as a land. (allthough I guess it has several princesses?)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

This last quest has a step where you need to get 250+ points in Mynci Beach Volleyball. I am utterly abysmal at this game and can't even break 175+ and I've been at it for a good 40 mins. *Sigh*
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Finally got through the whole thing - I was stuck at the Coltzan's Shrine for ages until someone posted that "Grinding - Hissing - Clicking - Knocking - Grinding - Hissing - Knocking " combo seems to work for people for whom the regular combos don't.

Good luck Seerow - best advice I've been given for MBV is to serve just as you reach the last white spot closest to the net. If done right the ball usually falls behind the right mynci (I'm totally out of practice though - took me several games to go over 250).
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I eventually beat that horrid game, but it took me probably an hour and a half. Stupid flash games!
The rest of it went by pretty smoothly at least, and I got an avatar out of it.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The avatar isn't being given out to everyone, so here are my details (I did receive the avatar) in case people are trying to pin down what you need to obtain it:
- none of my pets were wearing negg items
- I missed several days of free items
- my inventory only had the king's key in it, nothing else (no negg prizes and the earlier quest ones were all in my sdb)
- I didn't complete all the quests on launch day
- I did complete the quests in order, and finished each one before the next was released
- I didn't buy any NC Mall tie-in items or negg tickets
- I kept all of the prizes from all of the quests - I didn't swap the neggs for points, or sell/give away anything
- I sent a non-qualifying score in Mynci Beach Volleyball first and only scraped the points requirement for both that and Carnival of Terror (ie, it's not a reward for having done especially well at the games)
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Ohh yay, another random avatar @@
I got the avatar, and to go off Jazzy's list:

- None of my pets wore Negg items
- I missed the majority of free items
- My inventory had roughly half the items given out by the quests in it, as well as some free items
- I did complete all quests on launch day
- I didn't buy any NC items at all during the event, related or otherwise
- I had all the prizes, no swapping of neggs
- I didn't send any non-qualifying scores and barely scraped by in the points department.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Jellyneo has said that they think the requirement was to complete each quest before the next was released, though not necessarily on launch day (as I can attest). I've add the av to our avatars page.
Marah

Post by Marah »

I'm still stuck at Mynci volleyball. Anybody know a good guide? I allready bought the pretty background, but I would love to finish it myself.

Edit: 270 270 270 270! still not sure how, on to the next step!
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

Ugh, Mynci Beach Volleyball is so, so boring. I think the reason I've always found it difficult to get a high score is because I get fed up and stop concentrating. I did manage to get an all-time high score for me of 360 points, by listening to a Radio 4 programme about the history of curry in Britain to stave off the boredom while playing.

I got the avatar- I wasn't sure if I had managed to complete all the quests before the next one came out, but it seems that I had :D

I quite enjoyed these quests- they've been a nice change from "just play a flash game" site events. Hopefully TNT will do more of this sort of thing in the future.
Neopets wishlists: here
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I am so annoyed with TNT at the moment. God, why did they have to make the score for MBV so fucking high? There is no way I will ever score 250 or more in that stupid game - and I'd done everything else up to this point, including buying all their stupid neggstravangaza tickets (not that I hated what I got there, I didn't)(although I hated not getting the birdhouse garland bonus item, but that, as they say, is a whole 'nother Oprah), but I won't be able to even have a chance at the stupid avatar, because I can't get past this step in the plot.

HATE.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Kamil, what changed it for me was looking at a mynci video guide on youtube. I saw how less/little (not sure about the grammar here) the player there jumped in comparison to what I did and tried it that way. It worked for me. (after starting over because of super speed)

I also played it on best setting and a large screen, but |I'm not sure that made the difference.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

There's a guide on you-tube? Hee, who knew?

Thanks, Marah, I'm going to toddle over there immediately and look. I'd looked over all of the petpage guides I could find, including one that had a flash file of the 'run at the net and serve at the last white spot' trick, but I am simply not coordinated enough to time that properly more than one time out of five.

And once I lose service, I'm screwed until the other guy does something stupid and gives it back to me.

*flees to you-tube*

Edit: OMG, I DID IT! *dances and dances*

Thank you so much, Marah. I played along with the you-tube guys, trying to match their timing, using my keyboard, and it finally worked.

I never want to play that awful, awful game again, nevernevernever

I also got the avatar, and to use Jazzy's list:

- At least two of my pets wore Negg items
- I received all of the free items
- I had put away most of my items. I'd fed a couple, and used a couple, but the rest were either in my closet, on my pets, or in my SDB
- I completed each quest on launch day, except this last BITCH of a quest.
- I bought almost every NC item available; including every day of the Neggstravangza Neggs.
- I still have all my original neggs.
- I too barely scraped by with points, and sent one or two non-qualifying scores.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.