We have added another Loyal User perk to the site today

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Iggy

Re: We have added another Loyal User perk to the site today

Post by Iggy »

And once you're on Neopets for 30 years, you can transfer a pet into your account every day, zap it, and then transfer your fourth pet back in!
Actually, it would be 60 years BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Cool! I can now remove the notice of "LABPET1 and LABPET2 will be available next month" on my lookup with the need to wait again once one gets adopted and just have "LABPET1 and LABPET2 are available!"

5 transfers will be plenty for me there. :)

This is a nice perk indeed, though i doubt people who are happy with their pets, done avatar-pet hunting, and don't plan to zap-adopt like me will have much use for it.
Faun

Post by Faun »

Its times like this when I wish I still had my first account, Rowankitty123. I still miss you pepper123457_6!
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Silent

Post by Silent »

one thing: how do you determine that you have these extra transfers available to you? As a relative nooby (my oldest account is 28 months) the pound user-to-user transfer page tells me: "You may User-to-User Transfer one Neopet per month." although surely that should be two for this account now? Do those of you with older accounts have a different message come up - if not how are these transfer numbers being identified/determined?
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

If you actually try to transfer a pet -- like choose one, and in the pop-up put in the name of the account you'd want to transfer it to, and hit enter -- on the confirmation page it'll tell you "this will count as one of X of your user-to-user transfers this month."
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Amotten

Post by Amotten »

My account isn't quite old enough to take full advantage of this, but it's still a really cool perk.
Main account: Amotten
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

This is a nice perk indeed, though i doubt people who are happy with their pets, done avatar-pet hunting, and don't plan to zap-adopt like me will have much use for it.
Mmm, for me it's nothing but a security risk. I think it's good that other people can transfer more often, but all it means for me is that if someone gets into any of my accounts, they now have enough transfers to clear all of the pets out completely. I think I'd like to be able to turn it off; one transfer per month is fine for me, because I have all the pet avatars and only have one space (if that) on each of my accounts.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Transfers are protected by PIN, are they not?

PIN isn't the most secure thing in the world, but at least it's something, particularly because your PIN can't be cookie grabbed. Then again, if they get "real" hackers again, your PIN is just as up for grabs as anything else *sigh*.

Why oh why won't TNT encrypt their passwords? I mean, really! Free forums do it, why can't they?
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yeah, that's what I'm more worried about; I don't fall for phishing scams and know that you can't get a PIN via cookie-grabbing, but I remember events like that day where clicking the "lost password" button showed you the account's password, and that passwords are displayed in plaintext to Neopets staff. I don't expect them to take my pets - that would be daft - but it's not beyond the realms of possibility to think that the security of that system could be compromised. And it's also probably possible to brute-force a 4-digit PIN if you want to - I'm not sure whether there's a limit on PIN attempts.

(The PIN entry box appears on the screen after you've put in a username to transfer the pet to, the same one that tells you how many monthly transfers you have. The initial transfer screen doesn't ask for a PIN.)
Silent

Post by Silent »

Larkspurlane wrote:If you actually try to transfer a pet -- like choose one, and in the pop-up put in the name of the account you'd want to transfer it to, and hit enter -- on the confirmation page it'll tell you "this will count as one of X of your user-to-user transfers this month."
Ah yes! Many thanks - just how to decide how best to use my precious single extra transfer!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I'm not sure whether there's a limit on PIN attempts.
You're allowed five tries, unsure if it's by hour or whatever. Will test. :)
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm with Jazzy on the security risk being a drawback, but I like to swap around my pets from time to time. I can't throw money into all my accts to get little do-dads for customization. I've spent maybe 10 bucks since customization has come out, but I do have some really awesome and generous friends who gifted me a ton of nifty stuff on my birthday. With many transfers I can move those pets around I want to play with and when I'm done, put my accounts back to how they were. For me, this is a wonderful long-time-user perk.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets