As a reward for some of our loyal users...

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Taeyna

Re: As a reward for some of our loyal users...

Post by Taeyna »

I can finally go back to having my UC faerie peo as my active, just like the old times (first pet, used to always be my active pet for everything). Pretty happy, but now I just wish there was a way I could get a UC royal aisha girl. I'm still kicking myself for not getting one before customisation.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

In the news on April 15th you stated that Unconverted Neopets are now immune from colour-changing Random Events. I can safely say that everyone is completely ecstatic about this! We really can't thank you enough! However, just to ease our minds, I want to clarify a few things. When you say "some loyal users," do you mean the account with the Unconverted Neopet has to be a certain age? Does this also mean that Unconverted Neopets are now immune to the Red, Blue and Invisible Random Events, as well as Boochi, the multi-coloured water Random Event, and any other possible future colour-changing Random Events? Please ease our troubled minds. (: Thank you again for such an absolutely wonderful perk! ~0o0slytherinpride0o0
You're quite welcome! :D To answer your questions, yes, they are protected from all colour-changing Random Events. As far as which ones are elligible for protection, well, we originally meant it to be just a loyal user perk for accounts X years old, but we decided to err on the side of programming caution and just make all Unconverted Neopets immune. We're sorry we extended your perk to them all, but we hope all you wonderful longtime players can forgive us. We're sure all those beautiful Unconverted Neopets out there appreciate you sharing your perk as well; it's thanks to your loyal years here that this happened. :)
From the editorial. I'm not sure what the X amount of years would have been, but all I can say is: I'm completely fine with the fact that all pretty UC's are protected!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

This news is so wonderful and just the clarification I was looking for! I'm absolutely thrilled to have Inu as my active pet... And I don't think my main account looks too shabby either, with my 4 favorite pets finally on it!
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

I was happy to see this even though it doesn't affect me. Man I wish I could use my royal elephante as my main though :/

If they come out with immunity for all aged accounts I'd be soooo happy. (But I do still need the Boochi bd challenger...)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

But it is immunity for all aged accounts...? As long as it's an unconverted pet, it's immune.
Image Image
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

AngharadTy wrote:But it is immunity for all aged accounts...? As long as it's an unconverted pet, it's immune.
I meant for non UC pets (i.e. customizable) owned by old accounts....
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

Duke of Earl wrote:
AngharadTy wrote:But it is immunity for all aged accounts...? As long as it's an unconverted pet, it's immune.
I meant for non UC pets (i.e. customizable) owned by old accounts....
I'm pretty sure that will never happen, mainly because of the programming involved to do such a thing.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Programming-wise, it'd be easy - simply add an "if($age < 60) { carry out RE; }". The reason they won't do it is twofold:
- plenty of people actually want Boochi, regardless of account age, either as a challenger or for a Baby pet. What if someday we needed Boochi in the BD for an avatar or plot?
- if they wanted to reduce the scope of colour-changing REs they'd just get rid of them altogether. This, they're doing to prevent the autoconversion of pets, not because they see anything wrong with randomly changing a pet's colour per se (if they did, again, there wouldn't be the REs).
Duke of Earl

Post by Duke of Earl »

I know that boochi can "miss" and you still get the challenger. I might be wrong on this, but I don't think that happened only to pets with no baby color (e.g. before November or whenever the krawk/lutari babies appeared).

So I wonder what will happen with active UC pets, will they absolutely never see Boochi again, or can they still get Boochi missing? We'll find out I guess.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Duke of Earl wrote:
So I wonder what will happen with active UC pets, will they absolutely never see Boochi again, or can they still get Boochi missing? We'll find out I guess.
He misses. I saw it happen that first night on Charter. The person involved definitely didn't seem the sort to be saying so, just for the whatever factor. He loves to aim at me (horrible, icky, awful re), so I remember the re text from a miss fairly well, and that part seemed spot-on as well.

So unless proven wrong, I'm going to say if you still need him as a challenger, you can get him with an UC active.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

It's possible, but it's also possible that they've simply made it that colour-changing REs don't happen at all. Boochi can miss, but the rest can't (rainbow water, invisible, blue) so they might have just disabled the lot, rather than making Boochi miss.

I'm one of those lucky people who got hit by Boochi and got a hideous Baby Ixi out of it, but early enough that I didn't get the challenger. I wasn't best pleased that that wasn't made retroactive.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

True. It's entirely possible that whoever said it was just having everyone on, but either way, I'm sure time will tell.

I'd imagine just here alone, we've got at least a dozen people now flouncing around Neopia with UCs active, so if he can still aim at UCs we'll find out from someone trusted soon enough. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.