Altador Cup '10!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Altador Cup '10!

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I joined Meridell again. I doubt i'll make any meaningful contribution, though. I suck royally at YYB, and the other games are hardly worth playing for the meager points.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

This might be a stupid question, but when does the first round end?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Er, has it started yet?

Man, this shows how uninterested I am in Neopets these days.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Jazzy wrote:This might be a stupid question, but when does the first round end?
Assuming it's one match a day as usual, 16 days after it starts (ie, the 17th day is the last day of the first round). 18 teams in round robin, each playing each other team once. However since the game has started today without being announced in the news, that might mean they give it two days of play (so all timezones get a chance). So around the 10th/11th of June?

I am very happy they've finally gone over to html based navigation on the AC portal. Flash based always annoyed me because you can only get one page opened at a time. And I like the team-specific designs too - it's much more than it was in previous years.

Edit: HEEEEE! Have you seen the post-goal cutscene from the commentators!? WIN! I will watch that at least a few times before I start skipping over it like all the rest.

EditEdit: Quoth the FAQ: "On the two tournament breaks, June 12th..." Which seems to back up my thought that the first round will end on the 11th.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

EofS wrote: Have you seen the post-goal cutscene from the commentators!?
That is most excellent indeed! :-D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Meh, the only good thing for me is that Slushie Slinger's back. I fail at YYB, but that game's okay~.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Went ahead and joined Krawk Island, though I don't know if I'll play too much. I haven't been too interested in Neopets or even Subeta lately. Besides, it always takes me a while to get the hang of YYB again, and usually by the time I do, it's over XD I can always, however, sling the hell out of those slushies right away.

/badassery fail

But it's fun anyway ^^
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I sure know how to pick'em. My team Moltara lost. All four games. And to Altador of all teams! (with who I was two years ago incidentally)

EDIT: It's official. My team is at the bottom of the list, behind Faerieland.
Last edited by zebru on 28 May 2010 08:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I do giggle at the end of the matches when thanks to positioning it looks like the disco ixi is soothingly or lovingly patting the other commentator on the arm. His look of utter sincerity really adds to it. I love that little ixi though, especially when he does that little victory cheer and then stops when noticed. I'm with EofS. That animation will take a bit before I skip every time.

Coincidentally, I'm on Lost Desert this year. Figured it fit my already designed lookup.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'm pretty much only done one game a day, just to say that I've played >>
derp
Fury

Post by Fury »

Well, bollocks.

Yesterday happened to be my day off and I honestly totally forgot the Cup started yesterday. As it happens, I had planned to have a productive day (well... just give the house a proper good clean) and I ended up going mad on getting scores. I played 112 YYB games, 11 Slushie Slinger games, 30 Make Some Noise Games and 62 Shootout Showdown games. I know that me playing my ass off doesn't = winning team but DAMN.

I really thought Haunted Woods would beat Kreludor!

This isn't an insult either. Seriously, well done to any Kreludor players here, you beat us on everything. Shit.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Fury wrote:I really thought Haunted Woods would beat Kreludor!

This isn't an insult either. Seriously, well done to any Kreludor players here, you beat us on everything. Shit.
Iirc, last year Kreludor were a bit of a dark horse - in the early stages at least.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

First, I would just like to voice of total SHOCK of Brightvale! I know it's only been 2 days, but they're in second?! And they swept us (DC) day one! What is the world coming to?!?! lol

Also, I just started playing today (I wasn't paying attention to the start date, oops). Looks like they've added achievements! These are the ones I've gotten so far:
Achievement: Win five Yooyuball matches (prize - Melted Sugar Vaeolus)
Achievement: Score 50 Yooyuball goals in the first round (prize - When to have Goals Early (book))
Achievement: Score 10 goals with a Clockwork Yooyu (prize - Naalala (petpet))
Achievement: Win 10 Yooyuball games with 10 or more goals scored in each game. (prize - Altadorian Throwing Axe)
Achievement: Play all four games at least one time (prize - Altadorian Archives (book))
Achievement: Win five Yooyuball games with 14 goals scored in each game (prize - Enchanted Wooden Bow)

(I don't see a page where they list all the achievements you've earned, so I hope no one minds if I list them here)
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

There's also some achievement with Make Some Noise, if I recall. Something about so many wins at 6k or up.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Fury

Post by Fury »

Achievement: Score 100 goals with each offensive player

It's not enough for one superstar to carry the load - they can get hurt, or have a bad day. Then what? When you have a team where each offensive player has scored 100 goals, there's no such thing as bad days.

Taking the Offensive has been added to your Inventory for your accomplishment.
Yay!

I've also achieved Rank 3 which I thought was pretty cool.

On a sad note, HW don't seem to be doing too well. I'm seriously impressed at Kreludor and the 'smaller' teams like Meridell though. My guess is that they'll each rotate around 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for a few years until people start playing for the underdog teams again.