Altador Cup '10!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Re: Altador Cup '10!

Post by zebru »

Congratulations!
Achievement: Score 100 goals with each offensive player
Taking the Offensive has been added to your Inventory for your accomplishment.

Normally I wouldn't try to reach this accomplishment during such an important game (we are playing the favorite to win - LD), but since Moltara had firmly secured its last place, that's ok. Nothing can touch us! 8)
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
EofS

Post by EofS »

zebru wrote:Congratulations!

Normally I wouldn't try to reach this accomplishment during such an important game (we are playing the favorite to win - LD), but since Moltara had firmly secured its last place, that's ok. Nothing can touch us! 8)
Exactly the same reason I plan to work on the same achievement today *looks innocent*

(I got my ten 10-0s in against Kreludor instead ;0) Am chuffed that we beat 'em. Hope we can repeat that success later on too.)

Kamil - I'm glad to find out it's not just me having trouble. I really like her design (which is impressive, for a kiko) but she's a total bugger to score with. I can't play 3+1 though, 2+2 is the only one I get on with. Halfway there now, then I can go back to normal. I don't have to worry so much about the draik - once I'm back to using Vonde, the draik will rack up goals steadily on the rebound.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Hey! Haunted Woods actually won a game! Yay! We managed to beat Kiko Lake yesterday, thank goodness.

In other news, I'm now rank 6. It amazes me how some people are like rank 16. I'm getting very tired of Yooyuball and the side games now but I try to put the effort in in the evenings and play a few games.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I only just reached rank 3 :oops: I wasn't on the computer at all last weekend and that really hurt me. I've had today and yesterday off work, so I was able to play a little catch up... It's not like I have a chance at getting All Star! I ended at rank 8 last year, so I'm just hoping to beat that.

I'm happy to see DC in 4th (so far)!
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I only just reached rank 2! Why does my life always get busy when the AC is on?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Spoiler: open/close
Achievement: Save 50 goals in Yooyuball

No matter how much a team scores, if they don't have a netminder who can slow down the other side, they're not going far in this tournament. With 50 saves already, it's obvious that's not a problem here...

Mystical White Cloak has been added to your Inventory for your accomplishment.

It's not enough for one superstar to carry the load - they can get hurt, or have a bad day. Then what? When you have a team where each offensive player has scored 100 goals, there's no such thing as bad days.

HooRAY. Back to playing the game the way I want to. Just 2 more achievements to really try for, and possibly another 2 if I decide. (I have absolutely no intention of going for the higher MSN one, omg no.)

It's funny, I've always found the poorly performing teams the harder ones to play against. Kreludor yesterday was easy, Moltara today have been really, really difficult. And I've let in far more goals today too.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

It must be a good day for we desert folk, as I just got those two myself. =D I am very relieved, as now I can go back to tearing it up with my Scorchio - and occasionally my Wocky. Congrats all around. =D

As far as different teams go, I've wondered myself why I have such problems with some (Tyrannia, I'm looking at you, OMG, am I looking at you x.x), while some give me not a moment's pause.

I actually had to quit playing against Tyrannia; I was winning, but I was letting in almost as many goals as I scored. I don't know how they weigh things, but I couldn't think how 5-4 or 6-3 helped matters much. So that day I played a lot of Shootout Showdown - the only one of the other games I can play at all. Well, I can play MSN, strictly speaking, but it KILLS my arm.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I keep forgetting to play, and I get bored after a few games when I do play. I have no idea how I managed to win 819 games and make it up to Level 11 in Altador Cup II on a crappy, laggy computer. In Cup III I only made it to level 3, and last year I barely played at all... three games total. Now I have a great new computer and the game runs very smoothly, and I have no interest in playing.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

MSN is proof TNT hates us a little, I think. Really, I'm glad YYB is the game that gives the most points for scoring (working on rank 6 now for the Lost Desert) as its the only game I really enjoy. This being my first year active in AC I'm pleased that playing the games 5x a piece nets me at least 10k a day. Nice to be double-productive...for, y'know, a completely un-productive hobby like Neopets.

Poor Cranberry, it figures though, doesn't it?
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I'm beginning to wonder whose game the commentators are watching, because it certainly isn't mine - they were berating one of my forwards when I had scored an own goal with my goalie, using a normal yooyu, with no opponents anywhere in sight (they'd returned to their starting positions). My goalie had caught the ball and for reasons unknown shot it into the back of the net rather than onto the field. The forward's only fault was that he hadn't offered to replace the idiot in goal.

I'm glad I'm not aiming for anything great in this tournament, because I remember why I didn't play in the last two ACs: it takes me half an hour to recover from three games of yooyuball.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'm still a beginner. My internet has been bad and I just can't play games for such a long time. (I want a puzzle plot pretty please...)
I should probably try to at least get to the next rank.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

From the text of one of the achievements:
that's being clutch when it counts
Can anyone explain what that means? I've never seen "being clutch" before. I'll post more of it if it's needed for context, but I don't know how much people are avoiding spoilers of that sort of thing.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It seems to be something to do with that version of rounders that Americans play baseball... playing well in a high-pressure situation? I've never heard of it either, my immediate thought was something to do with a bit of a car or a collection of eggs.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Kantark's right. It's when someone does well in a high-pressure situation, such as someone hitting a grand slam with bases loaded, 2 outs, 3-2 pitch and 3 runs down in the bottom of the ninth or someone hitting the winning basket with 1 second left on the clock

Producing when it counts
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Ah, that makes sense - I was having similar thoughts to Kantark, cars or eggs (and a brief foray into "cwtch", or hug - it's pronounced as clutch without the L).