Altador Cup '10!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
EofS

Re: Altador Cup '10!

Post by EofS »

Woo! I was becoming sceptical that I would get the 14 goal achievement at all this tournament. Then today I got all the games needed in one night. None at all in my first 240 games, then got them all tonight by the time I hit 256 games. Does Kreludor just have a really bad keeper? Or am I having a really good day ;0)

Edit: And in the process, upped my goals per game average from 8.9 to 9.2. Bloody hell. I don't think this is going to last, alas.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Congrats, E. ^^ I got that one a couple of days ago, much, much to my considered amazement. =D

Speaking of my amazement: I've never played this much before, never mind played this much only half-way in. The last couple of tournaments, I lost interest because I was playing for a clearly-losing team; this time, so far at least, I seem to have picked a contender. *crosses fingers*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

First round of staff tournament results came in yesterday, prizes as follows:
http://sunnyneo.com/altadorcup/neopetsa ... urneys.php
Does anyone know why they're using Naalalas and Mystical White Cloaks as prizes for so many relatively difficult things? They're also the prizes for 10 Clockwork Yooyu goals and 50 saves, respectively - and they're worth less than 1k each. Are there so few Altador items that they need to keep reusing them within the same tournament?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

How long did you play perday to get that high, Kamil?

Im having difficulty actually playing this year. :( don't have the motivation to seems like!
Image Image
ImageImage
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I'm getting close to all-star, but it seems to be taking so long this year, with RL constantly interfering. I'm currently about 20 games short of rank 18. I hope to have 2500 wins by the end, but we'll see.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I think it was on Sunnyneo..or somewhere I googled, if you can do 50 games of YYB per day ( I assume from day one), you will eventually reach All Star. I don't think Im gonna break my current record. :( Watch, theres gonna be an awesome prize this time.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Goldenchaos wrote:How long did you play perday to get that high, Kamil?
Way, waaay too long. =D Which is why I haven't seen this until now and stuffs.

I try and play, say, seventy-five or eighty games a night during the week, and then three hundred (or more, if I can find the time) games over the course of my weekend.

I only need one hundred more games to hit All-Star rank (@.@), and I may or may not try and stay up long enough to do that tonight. x.x I have some vague idea of wanting to log 3k games before it's over, but in all honesty, I'll be more than happy if I can end up at 2.5k.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

I'm disappointed that the first day of finals is so messed up, and feel bad for those in earlier time zones missing so much playing time (if they are afraid to play with the glitches).

Edit: And apparently the glitch has just been fixed.
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

I was disappointed to see that myself. I woke up early this morning to try and get a few games in, but I didn't want to play, only to have them not count, so I watched teevee instead. x.x

Spoiler: open/close
If only I could do that on a more regular basis, I'd not have to worry so much about meeting the 6000 goals during the finals challenge on the LD boards. But, alas, I'm stuck at about 10 goals per. *goes back to playing manically*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Wow, Kamil, you're getting great at the game! I've only managed 12 goals at the most, I think, maybe 13 once. I can't bring myself to play more than ten games per day (and not every day), either. I have no attention span anymore! At least I made it to rank one. :P

Nice to see my team, Roo Island, in fourth. I'm going to try to play more during the finals.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

I can get 14/15 goals pretty regularly when I'm sneaking on from work, but not as often at home. I don't know what it is about my work computer, but it is better for games overall than my laptop at home, even though the work one is much older. I sometimes wonder if having a wireless mouse at home makes a difference too.

I'm going to try to max today for the first time, but am already thinking I won't be able to =P
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I finally sat down to play through the NeoCash challenges. Although i really royally stink at YYB, i amazed myself by scoring...and then further actually figured out how to play (for the most part). After much colorful language, i got through every challenge. I doubt i'm going to bother with any more tomorrow. I might remember it well enough for next year so i can do more than ridiculous plays of that goal scoring game.
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

GoLD! Not completely official, yet, but official enough for me to toss a bit of confetti around for my team. =D

Congrats to those of you here who played for Darigan, as well; they were my team the first three years, and I was thisclose to returning to the fold this year. I missed it if we had Kreludor players here, but if we did, congrats to you guys too. =D

Edited, because I forgot to add that Twitterpate (who is Charlotte, she who has helped so many, according to Charter Board rumor) won the Staff Tourney - and those prizes are available to pick up now. So congrats to her, and all who chose her! =D I picked her because she took out Snarkie, early on, and I figured she had to have skills to pull that off. xD

And yes, I am ignoring Kreludor's player doing her 'come hither, young player' bit, why do you ask? x.x
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Damn, I would have picked Twitterpate to win (for the same reason Kamil did), but I forgot to vote in the finals of the staff tourney. Did they not announce it anywhere? I got two prizes for the semifinals, anyway.

And aw, looks like Roo Island came fourth, which means we don't get any kind of cool trophy. I think it kind of sucks that four teams compete for the top spot, but only three of them get anything cool while the fourth gets the same medal as everyone in the other brackets.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I have 874 points. RANK 1 ..I just didnt feel up to playing. None of the prizes woo me, so Im just gonna wait it out till they are sold for less NP than now
Image Image
ImageImage