"Site Spotlight" almost gone for good

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Noble fauf

"Site Spotlight" almost gone for good

Post by Noble fauf »

According to the 15th of July's news, there will only be 4 more "site spotlight" trophies given out. TNT specificly said:
The last site spotlight will be selected on August 11th. Please enter in the next four weeks if you want a chance to win a Site Spotlight trophy.
I have no real interest myself, but if any of you out there really want to get the site spotlight trophy you will need to do it NOW!
Aqua

Re: "Site Spotlight" almost gone for good

Post by Aqua »

Hmm.. Wonder why they're stopping it? Because there's so many winners or what? Too lazy to make something to apply with at this point though..
Madge

Post by Madge »

Damnit, making petpages is one of those things that I do, and I just haven't had time to do any lately :(.

It's so sad that site spotlight will no longer exist!

They're likely stopping it because of a lack of good entries. It's sad that a whole area of site (petpages) won't have an associated competition. I wish they'd make it fortnightly or monthly instead of weekly if they weren't getting enough good submissions.

But I suppose looking through tons of submissions has overhead - imagine if YOU were the staff member who had to look at entries and see if they were any good. It's not like site spotlight really ADDS value to the site, it just rewards players for dedication and creativity. Sigh.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

I can't believe it.. I mean, I understood when they dumped the Adventure Spotlight, but this.. wow. I think I might enter it, much as I fail at HTML. Doesn't hurt, right? ^^;
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Weird. I hope no one feels that I'm jinxing them by saying this, but maybe they're looking to either update them or remove them in place of pet lookup spotlights? Is that a thing there yet? I'd say just by their nature they're more of a liability for malicious code than any other part of the site. While most people would look to shops and trades to steal money, if you just want to break something there's fewer restrictions on petpages, or at least there were. It's been years since I've poked around. I'm just trying to think of a reason as to why. There's still the pet and petpets spotlights, BC, art gallery, poetry contest, and the Neopian Times. All of which have to be judged or monitored in some fashion, but don't allow room for screwing up the site.

I dunno. I think I'd be sad if I were still playing, but I doubt I'd have ever gotten around to making pages for my pets even after all this time.