Neopia's Style Showdown - Free NC!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Rah

Neopia's Style Showdown - Free NC!

Post by Rah »

I've never participated in one of these before, so I'm not altogether sure what to say, except that entering a pet gets you 150NC for FREE and also a free wearable mask item :D (My NC took a day to be added to my account but I definitely have it now)

The themes are 'Masked in Mystery', 'Sugar and Spice' and 'Spaced' although they're not all being done at once. Seems to be happening over 6 weeks. There really aren't a lot of masks on the site though, so I went for more of a loose interpretation of that theme.

The rules say we can only enter one pet at a time from /any/ of our accounts. So you can enter on a side if you like - but if you do, you can't enter on your main. I wonder if we get the free NC award from each category, or just the first? It would be handy to get some NC on one of my sides for the next round! Here's the rule:

"12. Can I enter the same theme contest with one Neopet from my main account and another Neopet from my side account?
No, sorry, that would violate the Neopets TOS. However, you may enter one Neopet from your main account in one theme contest and one from your side account in the next contest, if you choose. "
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Neopia's Style Showdown - Free NC!

Post by AngharadTy »

I like free things, so I slapped a coat on a pet and entered. You need your pet to be wearing three items, heh. The mask is cute, but my hissi holds it in the wrong hand... which is amusing, but not quite in a good way.

Also, I didn't get 150 NC, but maybe it just takes time to be applied?
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Yeah, I didn't get mine until today and I entered yesterday :) I heard it can take up to 48 hours, although some people have reported getting it in 10 minutes.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I'm going to enter Shari, even though she's glitched-- hey, what's more mysterious than an eyeless Shoyru? :P I think this has the potential to be fun, and I'm glad to see they've explicitly stated there'll be no NC preference on the part of the judges (though in practice using only NP items still gives you less scope, since so many of them are species-specific).
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I'm thinking of sending a converted pet to my main, morphing, him into a Peo, and then actually using all the zapped Peophin clothing I have. This seems like effort though...

Anyone have a Peophin Desperado Mask I can borrow? x)