New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Fury

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Fury »

Woo, more baddies!

I hadn't logged on in two days and was scared I was going to miss out but I guess not (aside from tier prizes). So far, I've capped the Destroyer and Brute and hope to at least cap the Conqueror. Of course, I'll be going for the Minion and Fury too.

I'm not looking forward to the 6 up, 6 down achievement. D: I am very impatient.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Arrrgh. I made the mistake of taking myself to the limit with the destroyers. Which is making 6 up, 6 down impossible. I've just tried every strategy I can think of (even used my thick smoke bomb) and I can't even draw. Arrgh. I just don't know where else I can go now :0/

I'm using Ylana's Blaster, Golden Compass, Downsize, Blue Scorchstone* and have no abilities. My pet has 171 hp, level 3, the destroyers have 231 hp. Any ideas?

*My normal battle pet only has 58hp, so a 30 point healer was sufficient. I nabbed a lab pet from a side hence now having a rather useless healer.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I've got everything done, achievements and caps.

Now give us something fun and more creative to do! I don't want more retreads of past puzzles, I want something new.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

E - simplest option, have you tried one-use items? Snowballs, etc?
Next option, slightly more work (assuming you aren't doing this already) - use a freezing item first turn (or Fiery Gaze/Diamond Dust), withdrawing if you don't get the freeze.
Third option, withdraw if you're doing badly at all.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I don't have a freezer! Otherwise I totally would be using one ;0) I used to have a lupe wand, but it broke on me. Plus I'm currently battling with a uni anyway...

I tried sticky and sand snowballs, which seemed to be the best that I had to hand. They did about 24hp of damage *grumble*.

I've been withdrawing a bit (which I worry might break the run for 6 up, 6 down anyway) and that way did manage to get within 4hp (mine...) of beating him.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Then buy one? You can get a Green Frost Cannon for less than 10k, and it's only semi-fragile (ie breaks for the battle when it freezes, but it can't break permanently).
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Have you bought anything yet? I wish I had a more reliable freezer to loan you, EofS, but if you want to borrow my Snowglobe Staff for a bit, you're welcome to it. I've capped and maxed out on almost every opponent, and I'm saving those for future tiers.

Also, if snowballs aren't getting the job done, have you tried muffins? Those do a few more icons.

ETA: Huzzah! ^^ Glad you beat 'im.
Last edited by Rakumel on 24 Oct 2010 01:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
EofS

Post by EofS »

You have beaten Shadow Spectre Destroyer!
You have won this fight!

Hoo bloody ray!

Rakumel - thanks very much for the offer. I was on the verge of accepting but decided to give my new frost cannon (for some reason I thought these weren't worth using) one last chance and it came through for me.

Now if all those withdraws have meant this doesn't count, I will scream ;0)

(Thanks Jazzy <3)
Achievement Earned!
You have earned an achievement for completing a hidden task!

Six Up, Six Down

Head on over to your Fearless Deeds to admire your greatness.
Yay! Got lucky with remembering to refresh the page at the right times (thus being able to catch #3 and #4 in one wave, #5 and #6 in the next). So now I can go to sleeeep.

I'm totally going to try for two more destroyers though. I'm sooo close to capping ;0)
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'm waiting for one zealot to get the two achievements in one go. so far I have beaten only one of four of the others because I wanted to get the achievements out of the way. It is good to know that withdrawing doesn't matter (puts snowglobe staff back in the equipped weapons)

I really want to fight a bit and try to see how far |I can come, but I need a zealot and those stupid destroyers won't go away!
Fury

Post by Fury »

I finally made the 6 up, 6 down achievement! I misread the requirements the first time and didn't realise you had to battle each one just ONCE - as you can imagine, I was very annoyed when I finally got to the Zealots and didn't get the achievement!

I've also capped all the baddies! Bring on the next step!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Gah, FINALLY got both "6 up, 6 down" and "The Welcoming Committee" in one fell swoop... took quite a bit of sitting and refreshing waiting for waves to start. I had capped everything but Zealots before I tried for 6 Up, 6 Down so I may go back and get to slightly rounder numbers as I have the chance.

I'm hoping we get some bigger baddies... it would be nice to have something I can't still regularly 1-hit when I reach the cap!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Dammit, just missed out on capping them all - after waiting around for most of yesterday evening for the Conquerors, I got to 22 before the wave ran out, and I've just come home to find battling's over.

Reposting to say... there's a new chapter out! It's a bumper edition, 5 pages, has what would be described on a DVD cover as 'Mild Peril', and some lovely purple lighting effects.

New plot step, too... Reminiscent of a good old text-based adventure,why do I get the feeling I'm likely to be eaten by a grue?

EDIT: I've completed a bit of this step and I think I've missed out on an achievement that I can't now get, so you might want to check out a plot guide first.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Madge

Post by Madge »

You can redo the plot, but man, it's tedious.

However, one of the acheivements pretty much requires you to redo it, as you need to complete one of the steps perfectly first time, and you can only know how to complete it perfectly if you've screwed it up before. It's very tedious, and I have exams to study for and TNT giving me procrastination excuses is a very, very bad thing! :P
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

Ugh. I had to do that stinkin' puzzle three times-- the second time, I accidentally clicked on a wrong choice for untangling the tentacles.

And speaking of tentacles, I'm kinda surprised Neopets, uh, went there.
old world underground where are you now?
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Having a bit of an issue with this plot. How does one complete the first task? I can't work out how to battle these things. It's been a while since I've used Neo and I'm so keen to complete this plot.