New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Madge

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Madge »

Jellyneo's site is pretty comprehensive: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=faeries_ruin and I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

If you're talking about battling - you know, with weapons, battledome, your neopet and everything - that step is currently "closed" because they don't have any bad guys released at the moment. You should still be able to do the other steps though.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Madge wrote:You can redo the plot, but man, it's tedious.
Ahh, yep, finally got to the end and got the option to play again. I love this step - the lovely art in the comic and puzzle, the achievements full of pop-culture references I actually get (Rick Astley/Shaun of the Dead <3 ), and anyone else notice that the names of the pets lost in the caves are all from the NATO phonetic alphabet (bar Kali, who could've been called Juliet to complete the set.)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I don't especially care if I miss out on a Fearless Deed; I am NOT doing that step again. *swirly eyes* I must have been wandering around in there for hours. Got it wrong the first time (didn't realise there could be multiple rooms with the same description) and wasted about an hour and a half.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I found the trick to the first part was pressing "feel your way along the wall" twice before going through the tunnel, because the first opening generally takes you back to where you came from...

The second part, my first time through I took screenshots and labelled everything and figured out where all the doors went. My second time through I clicked around aimlessly for a bit, and then went to random.org, got a random number generator, and clicked on the door number it said to click on. I think the random number generator way was actually quicker and easier for me, but I may have been lucky.
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Madge wrote:Jellyneo's site is pretty comprehensive: http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=faeries_ruin and I'm not entirely sure what you're asking.

If you're talking about battling - you know, with weapons, battledome, your neopet and everything - that step is currently "closed" because they don't have any bad guys released at the moment. You should still be able to do the other steps though.
I was talking about the battling. Thank you for that. I am going to try and do the other steps now.

EDIT- The only links I can click on to in the Fearless Tasks list are all the battledome ones. =/
Madge

Post by Madge »

Seriously, just go through Jellyneo's guide, one step at a time. Which steps have you already completed?

If none yet, start at step 1:
http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=faeries_ruin&id=step01

If you want to do it without the guide, you can just find the URL of the page you need to start at in the guide and try and work it out on your own (though for some steps I think the guide is necessary)

Anyway, the place you need to go to to do the first step is at:
http://www.neopets.com/halloween/library.phtml

Have fun :)
Garrett

Post by Garrett »

Yay! I totally am starting the plot now! :P

And for the record- if I ever complete the Castle Nox step. I'm burning the place down.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

7,000 feet above Neopia sits a cloud—a gigantic cloud stretching tens of miles in each direction. Resting on the cloud is a vast city that has been home to the Faeries of Neopia for as long as anybody can remember... Faerieland!
From the Faerieland page. Yesterday it said 8,000 feet, and I think it started at 10,000. At least something is happening... it's been a really long time now between steps.

Also, IDB discovered new enemies... ghouls. Yay, more battling!
Madge

Post by Madge »

OH SHI- time to see if I can give Nouvelle floppy tongue and/or spring for the friggin' cure already.

Thanks for the heads up!

(the poisonous lollypops didn't give her floppy tongue [and i've fed her about 10 of them!], so I've bought some medicinal soap and a poisonous jelly to give her neomonia. The goggles are up to 75k apiece now, though - I think I might buy a couple as the price will only go up when the opponents are released)
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

New enemies are here... difficulties 8, 50, and 150, with six more enemies to come after these three. I don't know if most people haven't realized there's fighting yet, or if it's just less busy because it's later at night on a weekday, but I've been able to do tons of fights without the current wave running out (and there's little lag).

http://www.neopets.com/battledome/battl ... =challenge
http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/tfr/battle.phtml
http://www.neopets.com/faerieland/tfr/

Two of the achievements are known: finish a battle in exactly three turns for one, and use a medium-rarity weapon for the other (sparkshooter and trumpet of blasting both work).
Madge

Post by Madge »

Oh sweet, the goggles are at 99k already, and probably will rise a bit more. I'm very glad I bought five of 'em. Now to figure out the best time to sell...

Time to do some more battling I guess! I wonder what the caps are this time around? Ah, 30/40/50 - easy peasy!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really need to invest in some better weapons, my combo of Obsidian Dagger and Makeshift Ships Hammer won't last me too much longer I don't think. I'll be able to cap this wave, but not entirely sure about the next :( Too bad my RotL is rather useless against these guys.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

I capped all three of them and am going to bed! Looking forward to more enemies this step. I'm assuming a couple of them will be decently hard, as we already got a 150 guy. The plot appears to be winding up... I'm expecting this round of nine baddies and then probably a big boss. Yay! :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

Hahaha I love my overconfidence back up there, where I said I'd easily be able to cap all the enemies. I'm only beating the Commanders about half the time, I think my Golden Compass and Scarab Ring are just a tiny bit not good enough :P

Does anyone have some weapons they can lend me?

I have Stone Club/Golden Compass/Scarab Ring/Downsize! and a Helm of Recovery.

I also have 14 million np in the bank so I could actually get a Sword of Skardsden or something similarly impressive, but I don't know what would be most worth my while. I'd prefer HT weapons to inflated plot weapons, and Cranberry knows everything, haha. Which is my very circuitous way of saying: Cranberry, do you have advice? Or did you give some advice earlier in this thread that I have completely forgotten about?

Maybe have a "Cranberry's battle advice thread" and she can edit the post to keep all the advice at the top post :P
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Definitely get either a Sword of Skardsen or a Kelpbeard's Trident - the KBT is a lot cheaper and very similar to the SoS against these opponents. It's a bit of a shame HT discount day was two days ago, but some people might be selling them a bit cheaper than normal (though of course there is a war on, so good luck...)