Post anything new on Neopets here.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Kamil »

Spoiler: open/close
Plot Comic's Link
Neopets wrote:Oh no! All the faeries have been turned to stone! What could be happening?!
All faerie related games and stores are offline, save for the Healing Springs and the Hidden Tower, both of which are working, without their normal faerie guardians.

So. Hopefully it's a plot of some sort, but at this point, only time will tell. Given that they just released a faerie Lutari, maybe this will lead to the discovery of Lutari Island?

Hope, like foolishness, springs eternal. =D

Thank you, Jamie, for the plot confirmation and title. =D
Last edited by Huggles on 24 Sep 2010 02:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: New Plot Post
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kantark

Re: New Plot . . . ish Thing?

Post by Kantark »

Ooh, I wish! Still, a plot of any kind is most welcome these days.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Are the Healing Springs working? I get this:
Oh no! All of Neopia's faeries have turned to stone, but there's some residual magic that lets the Healing Springs still function. Use at your own risk!
but when I click "Heal my pets":
Who exactly is going to heal your pet? No one's here!
I don't think it'll be the discovery of Lutari Island, but I'm not sure what it's likely to be. Return of the Darkest Faerie?
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Whoops, my bad. =D

I was just going off of the original text, saying you could use it at your own risk. Given that the Hidden Tower says something similar, I wonder if it's working after all. . .

I'm glad I purchased that royal brush Saturday; because if the Tower's down too, I'm sure everything inside will inflate, even if it's just briefly.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The Hidden Tower wrote:Oh no! All the faeries of Neopia—even Fyora, the greatest of them all—have been turned to stone! Well, it looks like the shop is still open. Anyone with enough Neopoints to buy these rare treasures would certainly be honourable and leave the Neopoints behind... right?
The Tower is still operating sans any visible shopkeeper, though unfortunately we can't just loot the place :-P
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jamie

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Jamie »

According to Sunnyneo, the plot is call 'The Faeries' Ruin'
A Spanish FAQ regarding the faeries turning to stone has been found, it would appear that this is the beginning of a new plot called The Faeries' Ruin!

You're not meant to see me yet!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Cool! Yay! A PLOT! Maybe. And perhaps a slight chance of battling? That's what my thoughts were when i saw the Faerieland stuff down while doing dailies.

If so, it'll mean i'll be taking my computer with me on my trip, if there's a thing that makes it work out best if i go every day. But the days i'll miss are Saturday (evening) and Sunday (all day) so if there are any updates i thankfully won't miss those.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I really hope there's a BD bit - I strongly doubt it given they haven't even taken the Space Faerie out of the BD, but my battle pet just hit 1000hp and 350str and would love to show off his weapons.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Is anyone else having trouble getting to Altador? I wanted to see if the Archives there might help. Also it seems that Siyana is unaffected in the Council Chamber.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Kamil
Not the nice one

Post by Kamil »

Yay, an official comic-having plot!
Spoiler: open/close
I'm thrilled to see Jazan and Altador back - although I'm not sure I entirely trust Jazan. But I never trusted him entirely before now, so nothing much has changed. xD
Do people here want spoiler tags for plot discussion? I wouldn't normally think so, but since this is the first post since plotness was confirmed, I figured better safe than sorry. And stuffs. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ahh the art is especially gorgeous this time around! I remember not getting very into the -last- plot because the art in the comic was rather lacking. This time, it's not only well-drawn but just so brilliantly colored, I like it quite a bit!

I can't remember if we used spoiler tags in previous plots? It probably wouldn't hurt, but I guess if you're coming to this topic you probably expect to see plot spoilers xD Either way, Kamil, I agree with your spoiler-sentiments and I'm curious to see how that goes, heh.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I just hope that there will not be any playing of Mynci beachvolleyball. That is all, thank you very much.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I have to say that I love the purples and blues used on the first page. I agree that the art is very pretty.

For a fun little game, try identifying the name or the element of the faeries seen so far.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Man, I am so excited about this. Whatever kind of plot it turns out to be-- Flash-centric, puzzle or BD-- I like the style that the comic's started off with. The new characters seem like a lot of fun, and it's interesting to see some older ones working together, making the point that no Neopian world exists in isolation a lot more subtly than did Atlas of the Ancients. I know I'm optimistic about every plot, but so far, the very idea of this one is rocking my socks.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I'm not a player anymore, but whoa. This anti-hero, bandit, whatever you wanna call him guy, he reminds me somewhat of Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia. Haha, awesome! I'm loving the start of this comic! The art style feels mature and is quite beautiful, a rarity in my world. I look forward to the next page.

Thank you wonderful artists!