New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
ZomgethMew

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by ZomgethMew »

Yeah, it went really slowly for me, too :/ The end was pretty predictible. Oh well.

New Faerieland is kinda pretty, but I have to say I preferred the old one xD It's a nice touch that they didn't just put it back to the old one (right away?), though ^_^.

And omg XD That page is hilarious!
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms from the plot, so while I'm listening to the remains of the fourth Ashes Test I've gone back and re-read the comic on the slightly less laggy netbook. (Only about 10 minutes to read this time).
Spoiler: open/close
Madge, I agree with your Brynn/Hanso comments - pretty obvious (okay, only once someone had pointed it out) and inevitable, but it seems to be one of the things people expect out of a plot these days.

A couple of thoughts on this chapter: An American spelling ('color') slipped through the net on the second panel of page 3. They're normally pretty good on remembering the British spellings, too. I'm glad Xandra has been left solidified, as a possible threat to return in the future (though this could change in the Epilogue). Finally, I like that Jazan sounds just a little bit hen-pecked on page 4 :-) A nice chapter... just so. very. very. slow.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Faun

Post by Faun »

I didn't take part in the Plot. I did the first step, so hopefully that might be enough for the lowest trophy. I read the comic though, and some of the panels were very pretty. :)
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
EofS

Post by EofS »

Just to be clear, the "you've got until the end of the year to complete puzzles" - are these new puzzles I've somehow missed? Old ones reopened? I didn't think there were any open puzzles around...
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

Two of the puzzles I've seen that are still open are saving the people from the cave and organizing the books. Since I've completed everything, I haven't gone looking
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

So my question is: who lives in the cave? Because someone totally does. Unless the artist drew that cute little path and the cave it leads to for no reason whatsoever. Could happen. But somehow, I doubt it. =D

I wonder if that's where Xandra will end up? Because my bet is the epilogue will see her unfrozen and kept with the faeries for stalking purposes for reeducation. As well, Fyora will have decided, after long and careful contemplation, that Xandra had a point, and that the faeries were too far removed from Neopia's problems and concerns, all floaty and poofy up in the clouds. So they're going to stay below.

I hope so, at any rate. I never really cared for the even-pinker, shinier, revamped Faerieland, but I love this version, battered though it may be. I'm also hoping that the faeries will now, pray God, bestow their blessings on the pet you choose, or, more likely, on one's active pet.

But that's all so much wishful thinking on my part. The cave, on the other hand, is probably there for a reason. It's not currently clickable, nor is it part of Jhudora's Bluff.

Hmm.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I like your theories... especially the one about faerie rewards. They did say something about that in the editorial a while back:
Hi, TNT! I was wondering: would it be possible to make it so that Faerie Quests and Kitchen Quests only affect your active Neopet? I recently created a new Neopet (I now have two Neopets) and I'm sort of disappointed to find out that, when doing these quests, it randomly selects the Neopet to give the stats to (which doesn't help when it goes to the Neopet I am not wanting to train!) Is there any way you can change this? Thanks! :* ~therichestneopian1
Ah... yes, it might be time to update this. We will look into it. :)
OMGItsNick

Post by OMGItsNick »

Kamil wrote:
So my question is: who lives in the cave? Because someone totally does. Unless the artist drew that cute little path and the cave it leads to for no reason whatsoever. Could happen. But somehow, I doubt it. =D

I wonder if that's where Xandra will end up? Because my bet is the epilogue will see her unfrozen and kept with the faeries for stalking purposes for reeducation. As well, Fyora will have decided, after long and careful contemplation, that Xandra had a point, and that the faeries were too far removed from Neopia's problems and concerns, all floaty and poofy up in the clouds. So they're going to stay below.

I hope so, at any rate. I never really cared for the even-pinker, shinier, revamped Faerieland, but I love this version, battered though it may be. I'm also hoping that the faeries will now, pray God, bestow their blessings on the pet you choose, or, more likely, on one's active pet.

But that's all so much wishful thinking on my part. The cave, on the other hand, is probably there for a reason. It's not currently clickable, nor is it part of Jhudora's Bluff.

Hmm.
I believe the cave is just supposed to be a parallel to the Faerie Cave that was in the original Faerieland, which was home to the game Faerie Caves II, I could be wrong though. Maybe they'll even make a Faerie Caves III and put that there, who knows.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

TFR solution page is up (don't get too excited - no last chapter/prize store yet)

It's fun to see the solution for these, especially the mathematics behind some of the steps e.g. Guidance, where the plot guides were all using a 'rule of thumb'.
TNT wrote:Contrary to popular belief, the symbol for "Forbidden Lasagna Recipes" is an orange Meowclops.
I LOL'd :-D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
EofS

Post by EofS »

Epilogue and Prize Shop are up.

As usual I plan to procrastinate for years and never actually buy anything (I still have my Lost Desert points...)
Madge

Post by Madge »

Wow, I have 145,000 points! Is that usual? It means I can buy two of the top prize *AND* a faerie paint brush O__________O

I did all the steps, but fuck me, that's a lot of prizes and the fpb is going to deflate some. Did my capping most enemies have that large an effect?

EDIT: A quick look through the neoboards shows that lots of people have 120,000+ points, and many have 90k or so too. The fpbs are 40k points each, so they are going to seriously deflate. Sucks to be anyone who happened to have one or to have bought one recently, I guess. My last fpb was to paint Ash before customisation so I'm not feeling cheated ;)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I bought a Faerei PB when the Faerie Lutari came out (which doesn't seem that long ago) so I'm a little ambivalent to see I could buy three with my plot points (I have about 135k). The only thing I didn't manage to do was cap about 4 of the last load of wraiths or do any meaningful damage against Oblivion.

I'm loving some of the items and their descriptions - Jazan's Guyliner, the Brynnso Plushie for example. Going to think a bit before I spend. Anyone know yet if the sword is any good?
The epilogue itself seemed a bit of a disappointment, to be honest. Probably because I'd been anticipating it for so long. No mention of Xandra's fate, Faerieland still firmly on the ground with no mention of it being refloated any time soon. I did laugh at Nabile being referred to as Jazan's second-favourite Ixi thief, though.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I ended up with 146,950 points.

I love the 'Surplus Repository Furniture' item. Any callbacks to the LDP is gold with me.

I'll wait to spend my points. I need to know if any of the BD items are worthwhile. I learned my lesson from the LDP when I didn't get the RotL. I painted Morganzya ages ago, so I don't care that the FPB will deflate.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I'm really surprised about the Faerie PB. Picked one up, gonna wait to see what kind of damage that new sword can do before using my other 50k points.
derp
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Woah. *I* could buy two Faerie PBs and I did jack-all plot-wise. (There was at LEAST one step I didn't even try.) I'm all for PB deflation but... well, that's a LOT of PB deflation.