New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: New Plot: The Faeries' Ruin

Post by Cranberry »

Gumdrops wrote:
Cranberry wrote: I wouldn't be shocked if some stats get changed within the next day or two.
I wonder about that too.

If anything, I think they should just change the icons it blocks. Maybe change it to being a full air blocker instead, or something.
Oh, nonononono. I can only imagine the absolute chaos that would cause! Right now air is one of the "best" icons because it is so hard to block. It's the reason the Ghostkersword sells for so much; it's the reason pteris are such a popular BD species in the high levels (they have an innate air resistance). Making air 100% blockable for such a low cost would mess up the BD really badly. Then both the SoS (because of RotL's and Ghostkersheild's full dark blocking) and PCC/Ghostkersword (which both deal a lot of air) would be much less useful in 2p battling. People would revolt! ;)
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Cranberry wrote:
Gumdrops wrote:
Cranberry wrote: I wouldn't be shocked if some stats get changed within the next day or two.
I wonder about that too.

If anything, I think they should just change the icons it blocks. Maybe change it to being a full air blocker instead, or something.
Oh, nonononono. I can only imagine the absolute chaos that would cause! Right now air is one of the "best" icons because it is so hard to block. It's the reason the Ghostkersword sells for so much; it's the reason pteris are such a popular BD species in the high levels (they have an innate air resistance). Making air 100% blockable for such a low cost would mess up the BD really badly.
It was just a thought. :D

I don't play 2p, so I don't know what icons are popular. It was just the first one off the top of my head.
Captain_Awesome

Post by Captain_Awesome »

I think air is undoubtedly the best element, but whatever.

Also, the upper limit isn't 150k as some people have said. This guy has close to 190k points:
http://www.neopets.com/userlookup.phtml?user=apoxy
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

That says 137,850 points, not 180k. ;)
Captain_Awesome

well don't I look like a little idiot
people are going to start calling me the lidiot
Madge

Post by Madge »

I did see someone with ~150,700, for what it's worth, though :)
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

107,780 for me. I didnt do much of the magic spell stuff , so missed out on that,...nor did I cap the later half of the monsters.

Either way, Im just going to hold off on spending anything, till everything I want is buyable.
Image Image
ImageImage
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I got enough to get the top tier trophy, but still just under 100k. I think I'm okay with that, I did rather well in the plot, I thought, for also keeping up with school work and social life at the same time. I can buy lots of pretties. And thankfully, so can lots of other people, so all the things I want should end up affordable even if I buy weapons for resale!

Holding off on purchasing though seems rather useful. Though, I might not be a great person to talk, as I still haven't spent my points from the Tale of Woe plot...

Also, yay wearables! Cursed guyliner is wearable! So awesome, finally some non-NC makeup. And the fiery background is to die for. Hanso jacket could be really cool, I haven't seen it modeled yet, but good colors and potential.

But... I got a sour note off of the Nox reference items. It seemed a bit too glib and crass. It's a death of a character and while the Advent Calendar animation was very well done, these prizes threw me off.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

"I see that you have 149,250 points remaining to spend on prizes." :D I was greeted by my trophy award, a new theme, and a new avatar. Nice!

I completed all the steps and deeds, capped out on the BD challengers, and played some of the team things through some more times to help others out as a pay-it-forward thing.

And yeah, i was stunned at the relative "cheapness" of the Faerie PB! I could get ~3~ plus a hefty bit of change! I might go shopping for one and not worry about spending points on it, just to have it in case. I'm more interested in the books, honestly (my Peophin reads everything i can get my NP on). Like most of the rest of you, i'll sit on my points until the BD stuff is figured out and i've firmly decided what i want. I may use a bunch for the strength potions, but i don't know if it'll be better to use them on Soar or resell them.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Spoiler: open/close
"I see that you have 8,500 points remaining to spend on prizes."
I was surprised that I had so many, considering I only did the first step :o The epilogue's pretty cute, kind of warmed me up a bit to Brynn/Hanso.

I approve of the Faerie PB deflation 8D; I also love the Guyliner, and the Brynnso plushie.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm also going to hold off on spending my points, but I got a bit over 70k, which seems a lot to me considering I didn't do much battling and skipped a lot of the later steps due to schoolwork. With any luck, someone with a draik will model the wearables so that I'll be able to decide what I need. I'm wondering if I'll need to worry, though. A lot of these may be buyable very soon. Def need all the Jazan items. I'm also hoping the p/bs will keep dropping in trade price. I may just buy one instead of spending points on it, though. Might be able to resell later (since I'm not crazy about faerie pets and am unlikely to paint any of my pets with it).

I really like the prize selection, though. Much better than I thought it was going to be (I guess I'm just pessimistic after always disliking prizes for AC).
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I see that you have 148,800 points remaining to spend on prizes.

I'm pretty pleased, especially since I didn't get to repeat a lot of the steps as much as I wanted to, and didn't battle Oblivion as much as I wanted either.

The weapon talk above is interesting, and I'm a bit sad my RotL got nerfed. I never use it, but it was nice to have a weapon like that just sitting around. I don't see myself buying any of the weapons - will probably get the background and no idea what else. I tend to sit on my points, so it will be a while before I do anything (I still have unspent points from the last Sloth plot).
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

The RotL isn't any less useful, just cheaper. ;) It's still an awesome weapon, and fairly rare.
Captain_Awesome

I don't understand why anyone cares that one character died.
The only thing he ever did was star in two games.
He's not even a BD character.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Am I the only one who is extremely thrilled with the new site theme? It's so pretty! I'm really glad there was an avatar too, although I don't think it's particularly attractive.

I got 142,110 which I am really pleased with. The prizes are nice and I'll probably wait for a while until I buy anything. The background is very pretty and the strength potion is awfully tempting...