Apple Bobbing

Post anything new on Neopets here.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Apple Bobbing

Post by thelonetiel »

The new Haunted Faire has an Apple Bobbing tent .

Jellyneo has a good guide, but in summary, you can bob for apples once a day. You can get an item, or you can get a quest. If you get a quest, you go around Neopia finding people, characters that might not otherwise get much attention like Sabre X in the Tyrannian Hall counsel, and at the end you get an item.

These quest prizes can include openable trick or treat bags that look awesome (second category down).

Most interesting to me are the silhouette backgrounds which should prove to be pretty, capes, and nifty looking neggs.

I'm not thrilled with the fact that it is random that you get a quest, random that you get a quest with a trick or treat bag, and random that you get one of the exclusive items that are specific to each bag, but... It is a fun daily, I enjoyed poking around random places and seeing often neglected characters get used.
ZomgethMew

Re: Apple Bobbing

Post by ZomgethMew »

I'm not so fond of the quest, either - it's a bit of a pain to go back and forth D; I got a Fire Werhond out of it, though, so it's all good :B.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I got a Fire Werhond too. This is neat. I may add this to my dailies. It took me about 2 minutes to do the quest.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Ah...something new, perhaps? When you mouseover items, you get the item description now :D

I got an undead carrot... : x reminds me of Bunnicula
Image Image
ImageImage
EofS

Post by EofS »

Mrrr, today's special apple bobbing quest seems to be majorly glitched. I got the message from Thade, but none since then. I just get a 1 at the top of the page. Grrr. I'll be annoyed if this makes me miss out on stuff, because this sounds like a cool one.

Edit: They seem to have fixed the glitch, I was able to complete the whole thing.
KauKrazy

Post by KauKrazy »

I got this text: "You dip your head into the apple barrell, gripping your prize firmly in your teeth. Upon emerging proudly with your prize, you are horrified to see that it's... someone's dentures?! You flail around in disgusted horror until you hit the fence and tumble headfirst over it. Ouch."
LOL.... better luck next time. At least it was entertaining :D
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

There's a new apple bobbing avatar, randomly awarded for bobbing up an Imposter Apple. I'll add it to the avatar page now.
Faun

Post by Faun »

While you have your head thoroughly entrenched in a barrell full of musty water that others have been dunking their heads in all day, a member of the thieves guild decides to "relieve" you of some of those heavy Neopoints you've been carrying around.

:(
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter