Post anything new on Neopets here.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Faerie Quests

Post by thelonetiel »

Faerie Quests have been, at least temporarily, remodeled:
http://www.neopets.com/quests.phtml

New art too, most of it very pretty!

Basically, you volunteer for a quest, you get a random one from one of the faeries. No shop wizard (and a new screen for when you try). Only allowed once a day.

Notable changes include:
FFQ being available
Earth Faerie gives random stat instead of feeding pet
Battle Faerie (I think gives random stat?)
NC Faerie - Requests two NC items (75nc each) to mix to make an item to give to you.

The NC faerie is frustrating because it is random, I wish I could opt out of it. Getting a NC quest means I'm not getting a chance at ones I care about, like say, a FFQ.

Also of note, my air faerie stat boost went to my active pet, but that could still be random chance.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Faerie Quests

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I was able to use the Super Shop Wizard for mine. I wonder if that's intentional.

I got the Earth Faerie today, and she blessed my active pet (gave Seaquus a speed boost).

I'm not so sure that the Fountain Faerie or NC Faerie will be so common to get a quest from.

And now we know the Space Faerie's name!
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I also got the stat on my active pet (light faerie gave Aurea a level-- it never occurred to me to make Braedan active, tomorrow I will!). The boards are in an uproar about the devaluing of FFQs for trade purposes. I think it's pretty awesome.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I really like a few of the updated faerie looks. My favorites being fire, dark, air and battle. And I quiet like the look of the crafting faerie. The others are meh. Atleast they don't scare me like the new healing faerie does. o.o

I think this is cool to do. Good way to get extra stats. And so cool that we can get FFQ. I'm hoping I can do one each day. I got air faerie today and she gave Alicorn a speed boost (who is also my active pet).
The only thing I don't like is the crafting faerie quest being thrown in there. When I read the news I thought it was a separate thing that was in the NC Mall only. Then Kali got one for her first quest. She had NC and didn't mind doing the quest. Got a cool wig out of it. But I don't like that's it's random with the other quests. I don't have any NC, I used up the free NC I had last week. And I don't want to go out and buy some just because I might get a crafting faerie quests. And I hate to miss out on the special prize at the end just cause of that. :/ Not cool. Though I am hoping that say you don't want or can't do a quest that's offered, that it expires after the day is over.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Alicorn - The special prize for visiting everyday is apparently available as long as you visit the page, you don't have to actually complete the quest! Thankfully, or you're right, the NC faerie would be even more frustrating.

Although, one of the backgrounds she gives (for turning in Copper Wire and Pieces of Metal) looks very promisingly pretty!

After the 24th, the FAQ says requests will return to normal, which is a shame, I like the certainty of getting a quest here. But, I'm hoping that I can get a FFQ in that time... Would be nice to finally be able to say I've had one.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

That's great! Thanks for mentioning that Tiel. Makes me less frustrated at the NC faerie.
That is quiet the pretty background though. o.o The wig Kali got is really pretty as well. I forget what she had to turn in though.

And that is a shame that it'll go back to normal after the 24th. I kinda like this setup better. Ah well. I'm also hoping for a FFQ before this is done. I shall keep my fingers crossed for the both of us. ;D
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

That's good, i really hope that's the case!

I'll hunt around tomorrow to see if there are any cross-color clothes that i want for my pets, just in case. If not, if i get some FFQs, i'll be granting some dream pets of my labbies. Although it'll frustrate some people who are selling PBs, i do hope this lets more people get the pet colors they've wanted. Does anyone know if the new colors are available through FFQs?
Kari

Post by Kari »

Argh, I got a Crafting Faerie quest today, that's no fair. All the NC I've used on the site has been free, so I'm not using real money to get some meh item in return.
derp
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Well, Drilax got blessed by the Dark Faerie today, so it's looking more like the blessing goes to your active pet. (Which is awesome because I likes getting stats on the cheap for my battle pet :D ) I hope they keep that aspect of the quests around, if nothing else.
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

I got a crafting faerie quest the first day. I had some NC so I decided to try it, and I am really glad I did. I got a Silk Wig With Flowers. Check out Dark_Kali wearing it!
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I got the crafting faerie for my second quest, first one was light faerie, today air faerie. Not bad. I went ahead and did the crafting faerie, since I had the NC for it.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kali_Lupine

Post by Kali_Lupine »

I got the crafting faerie again today, not as happy with the wearable, blah. Oh well :P

Kari

Post by Kari »

Today was the battle faerie for me, and my active pet (also my battle pet) got some increases. The text said "level, strength, and health" but really her health, strength, and defense were raised by two each. The active pet thing is awesome and I really hope it stays!
derp
Kali_Lupine

Post by Kali_Lupine »

I got a water faerie quest today, but then I got a "bonus quest" from the crafting faerie. I'm very happy with this quest! I got a very cool wire and flower garland! Dark_Kali is wearing it!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I also got a bonus quest from the crafting faerie today - I wonder if they've swapped her to being a bonus only?