Daily Dare!

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Daily Dare!

Post by Jazzy »

March Daily Dare 2011 starts today :) Remember to beat one of the two challengers on launch day to get the top prize.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Daily Dare!

Post by Cranberry »

Again? It feels like we just had one of these.

I will be playing... I haven't skipped a site event yet. I probably won't spend time trying to beat all the AAA scores, though.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Agreed... seriously? Didn't we just do this?

I'll probably send a score or two to make sure I get a trophy but otherwise can't be bothered.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

They could at least have started with an easy one. I can get 800-900 points in Top Chop pretty frequently but I'm having trouble hitting 1000. I hate Daily Dare. I actually really hate it. It's only my stubbornness/love of pretty trophies that gets me participating every year.

Edit: Finally got a score of 1,505. Stupid game.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Funnily enough, to me it actually feels like we've had a nice long break for once. Dunno why. At least they didn't start it early this year, that really caught me off guard last time - and made it impossible for me to get the better trophies. Although I think this year I'll struggle with that anyway.

I think it's a really good idea to have a bonus for completing on the day because previously if you missed doing so even once, there was thereafter no point even trying. And I was also glad that it started with a game I can do AAA on easily - some years I've been demoralised because it's started with something hard.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm glad to have daily dare - I hope I will have time to actually beat AAA's scores this year though!! hmm...

Was pleased with the prizes today, too - a background for AAA and a shower for abigail. Something useful, after all! So many of the wearable prizes have been shitty thing nobody would really put their pet in - you know, stuff that looks like it came out of the game or has a character from the game on it.
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

I think the Team Challenge is going to be the hardest..

Mostly because youll have to catch people online to play along with you
In 2011, a new feature was added to the Daily Dare, Team Challenges. To take the Team Challenge, you'll need to visit the Team Challenge hub. Team Challenges will be made available each Friday through Sunday, beginning Friday, March 4th at 12:00 AM NST. From the Team Challenge hub, follow the prompts to choose your opponent, pick your Neofriend partner, and send an invitation. You must challenge AAA or Abigail from the Team Challenge hub in order to accept the Team Challenge. You might also be asked to accept an invitation from a Neofriend. Once you and your partner beat or match AAA's or Abigail's score (depending upon whom each of you has agreed to challenge), you will be awarded a Team Challenge bonus prize in addition to the regular AAA or Abigail prize for that day. You and your Neofriend will have to best AAA's or Abigail's score prior to midnight the following Monday in order to qualify for the Team Challenge bonus prize. You can visit the Team Challenge Rules or FAQ for more details.
Though it looks like it doesnt matter who is picked, as long as both people beat their respective challenger.
Image Image
ImageImage
Kari

Post by Kari »

I think it feels so soon since the Games Master Challenge was recently (or feels like it was) plus the last plot had a bunch of game steps in it, didn't it? I gave up halfway so I forget, haha.

I don't have too much free time so I'll probably just go for the Abigail challenges.
derp
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

A shower for Abigail? I thought it was a book - or is there something i'm missing? Top Chop doesn't frustrate me so much to have to keep trying, so i finally got AAA's challenge. I'm also doing the NC daily and retro challenges.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Madge is stupid. I assumed the shower was Abigail's but it turns out it's Lulu's.

Screw TNT for not giving Abigail nice little wearables too!

But AAA's altador columns this year are nifty!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I'm all about books, as i read as many to my Peophin as i can reasonably grab. I'm sure we'll get some other good stuff from everyone as it goes on. I'm not always impressed with wearables, but occasionally something nice comes out.
Faun

Post by Faun »

I'm not very good at neo games, and I don't have a very long attention span so I'm not sure If I can beat any of AAA's scores. I think I'll just challenge Abigail every day. :P
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I find there are only one or two days throughout the entirety of the Daily Dare that AAA posts a score that's even moderately difficult. Usually they're only not incredibly easy because the game in question doesn't work well on my computer without playing with the video settings (like today's)
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Some of these games (like Crisis Courier) were much easier when I had an older, slower computer. I have a high score of over 5,000 on CC, but it took me forever to get over 3,500 today.
Cranberry

Post by Cranberry »

Yep, ever since I got a fast gaming computer, I've found a lot of games harder! Even Volcano Run II, which used to be my best game, is more of a challenge for me nowadays. Crisis Courier is weird, though... it runs fast but super choppy. I'll move the mouse and it won't register for a second, so of course I die. I've tried on different sizes and settings with no change. My old high score is 7,245 and I can barely break 1000 today.
Last edited by Cranberry on 02 Mar 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.