New Survey about Neocash

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Ailiel

New Survey about Neocash

Post by Ailiel »

I was taking the new survey about Neocash (might as well provide some feedback since I've spent enough on it) and this question about new features they are considering adding, accessible by Neocash, came up.

- Exclusive access to premium site areas
- Early access to new site content
- A 5th Pet
- Items that save you time (i.e. items that let me stock my shop faster, items that let me feed all my petpetpets at once, etc.)

I was asked to rate them on interest level. I had to admit that the 5th pet idea was quite interesting. That would certainly change things quite a bit.
Rah

Re: New Survey about Neocash

Post by Rah »

Nnnnghhhhhhhh O_____O

Yes please 5th pet. YES PLEASE.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Wot no Unconvert? :-P

5th pet... hmm, it's an interesting idea. I'd be curious to see at what price they would pitch it.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I suppose I should get all righteously indignant but I would definitely pay for 5th pet slot on my main account if the price was right... and I'm not even that interested in the site anymore.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Why was this not on my survey? All mine asked was when the last time I did N things
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Wha- I didn't get any of this, either o.o Is it because I said I haven't bought any Neocash? Because I'd be all over this, forsrs.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

It definitely seemed to be tailoring the questions based on my responses. I said I participated in an event, so they wanted to know which event (New Game Challenge) and why I liked that (if I liked the challenge, the reward, competing against my friends). I said I bought JubJub Power Bounce tokens so it wanted to know what I liked about those-- the randomness (not so much), and "it's just fun" which made me smile and I strongly agreed with. It is fun for some reason. I said I bought mystery capsules so they wanted to know if I just loved all the random junk filling up my SDB, or the limited edition bonus prizes, or the rereleases or what. It was all very in depth.

Oh and they asked me TONS of questions about gift boxes and gift box mystery capsules. Since I said I bought them and enjoyed trading to get things.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

Just did it again and still no NC related questions. I feel discriminated!
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I just did it, and it was so short! It asked me how often I did various things (I had done most of them today/this week), and it asked me if I'd ever bought anything from the NC Mall. I said yes, and then the survey was over. Maybe they don't need responses from people my age? I have no idea.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I am 18-29 (25 actually, but they don't know that).

I took the survey again just for kicks and it also ended very early, right after "Do you buy Neocash?". That is odd. I guess maybe it's random whether you go forward with the detailed questions or not.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Maybe they've now filled their quota for some questions in some age ranges?

I did this last night and got what seems to be the full set of questions, including the one about a 5th pet space. At the end there was also a suggestion box for any things that I'd like to see in the NC Mall. I suggested an Unconvert item to revert artwork to pre-April 2007 - worth a try, and if enough people do it... who knows!

The age band I had to choose made me feel very old :-(
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

Yeah I'm hoping no one agreed to the site area questions. I'd be pretty peeved if there was another Lutari Island-esque thing that came out because of NC. Although, it would be interesting if Lutari Island opened up to people through NC passes or something. I wonder if they were thinking about that. 5th pet would be interesting. I have spent money on online games before, and would probably spend some if it meant I could get a 5th pet on my main and other accounts if the price was good.

I had a pretty long survey. Asked me how often I did things, then if I spent money on games, then what kind of games, then if I bought NC stuff, why I didn't buy NC stuff, what I would be interested in paying for, and eventually asked me for an opinion.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Yeah, it asked me one question of whether I spent money on any other online games (can't remember the full list but it was pretty long-- included Farmville Runescape etc.) and I said no. Then it asked me to choose whether the items on Neopets were BETTER than those games items for sale for real money, the SAME, or WORSE. There was no option to say I don't play those other games and have no idea. I tried to skip that question but it wouldn't let me, so I went with the same.

It also asked me for suggestions, I put more Neohome items (as I'm into my neohome right now and it seems like a particularly neglected area of the site) and easier ways to get limited edition items-- a little less limited, if you please. The ridiculous items worth 150 capsules are, well, ridiculous.

It also asked me a LOT of questions about the gift of neocash thing. I participated inadvertently, it asked if I bought more neocash just to go up a prize level, if I thought the rewards were fair, if I liked the bonus prizes at the end. It was just really very detailed about EVERY little thing.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I didn't get any of the interesting questions. :( Nor anywhere to explain my comments. Things I would have liked to say:

- Fifth pets should be a Loyal User Perk or in some other way accessible to everyone. Not fair to shut international users and kids out of something so game-changing.
- The reason I haven't customised my Beta Neohome in over a year is because the thing is badly laggy and somewhat glitched (I can't see my pets at all). A less intensive version (seriously, I'm on a newish computer and broadband, it should NOT be lagging for ME) and some way to have, y'know, rooms, those things you normally have in a HOUSE, would tip the balance for me.
- Access to premium areas of the site? Shouldn't that be offered to, oh, what was that word again, those things I happen to be one of, it's on the tip of TNT's tongue I'm sure... Premies? Have we finally been forgotten about completely?
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Rainbow, they didn't allow me to comment specifically on the questions, only rate them on their scale (interested/not interested).

As far as your Neopets not showing up in your neohome, I learned the hard way what causes this glitch. If your neopet is in your neohome and you transfer it, then it will be glitched. Same if you adopt a neopet of someone else's that was in their neohome at the time of abandonment/transfer.

My Neopet Crettek was in my house just fine, but a quick trip to a side account glitched him forevermore. Apparently this has been a known glitch for the past three years, I don't have much hope of seeing a fix anytime soon. Also out of the four most recent items for Neohomes, only ONE works.

Also the premium question made me think they are going to come up with a new, NC based payment system for premium. Which makes sense really.