Neopets game on Facebook

Post anything new on Neopets here.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Neopets game on Facebook

Post by mellaka »

I'm not sure if this is the right subforum for this, but I was wondering if anyone else got into the closed beta for Neopets Treasure Keepers on Facebook. It's being created by Meteor Games (Adam & Donna's company), which I just think is pretty cool.

You have to be premium to apply to beta test. If you are, there's a link in the beta section of your portal.

It reminds me a little of Keyquest, but you use the items you win on the game boards to sell in your shop. You also have side quests where you have to collect items for NPCs. Donna said on MG's forum that it may tie in to the main Neopets site at some point (link). It's pretty glitchy at the moment, but I kind of like it. I've been playing since Saturday.

I looked to see if this was already posted somewhere else, but couldn't find anything.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Re: Neopets game on Facebook

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Just like i need something ELSE to shluck my internet time into more hours than a day has...

Sure i'll sign up! :-P
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I'm mostly a bit weirded out by the name, Treasure Keepers, as I randomly chose "treasure keeper" as my Neoboards signature text a few weeks ago. Which, I now feel obligated to change or people will assume I'm bragging about being in the beta - I'm not even premium.

I kinda wish I was in premium again so I could beta, it looks kinda nifty. I'm glad Meteor Games is still up to cool things, I hadn't heard about them in a bit. I look forward to playing it!
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

thelonetiel wrote:I'm mostly a bit weirded out by the name, Treasure Keepers, as I randomly chose "treasure keeper" as my Neoboards signature text a few weeks ago. Which, I now feel obligated to change or people will assume I'm bragging about being in the beta - I'm not even premium.

I kinda wish I was in premium again so I could beta, it looks kinda nifty. I'm glad Meteor Games is still up to cool things, I hadn't heard about them in a bit. I look forward to playing it!
Heh that is strange about the sig.

And I posted about MG in the "other games" forum about a month ago. They have a newish FB game called Serf Wars that I like and that I think has some potential (though I am bored with it at the moment).

And I'd be glad to post screenies of the Neo game if anyone is interested.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Yes please! I'm mostly interested in this to see how it will interact with the actual Neopets site in the future. I'd love to earn NP through Facebook.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Here are some screenies:

The shop. You can set up the tables/decorations however you want. The female cybunny is the default female character; the usul is an employee. I didn't notice what species the male default character was.
Spoiler: open/close
The overworld map:
One of the game boards. So far they range from pretty (this one is an aviary that's part of the royal gardens or something like that), to a little spooky (there's a tunnels one with spyders and a docks one with giant tentacles). Oh and you can see that I have a Kad petpet that goes along on the adventures.
Bif

Post by Bif »

Thanks for the screenies! I like the game art and it looks like it could be a lot of fun.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I think the male character is a Kougra. I'm wondering if i would have preferred it.

The main glitch i'm having is the saving issue and items going missing when there's a save-glitch reset (even if it looked like the items were there before the save glitch). It's fun, but it's not so amazing exciting that you should feel like you're missing out. :-p
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

When did Adam and Donna get involved with neopets again? i miss playing VPN =(
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

I miss VPN too. I'm hoping that Serf Wars turns out to be fun.

And I'm still playing this, though the fact that I have a glitch where I have to close 30+ popups every 3-4 minutes has been keeping me away.
Bif

Post by Bif »

The game is now live! AND you get neopets codes for completing quests. So it's a good incentive to play. VERY happy that they games link up in some way.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Huh. I noticed this was posted in the Official TNT Message Board:
We're posting to let you all know that, unfortunately, Neopets: Treasure Keepers will be closing on Wednesday, December 14th, 2011. We apologise for the very short notice.

Important information regarding the closure:

- We do not have an exact time for the closure yet but as soon as we know we'll pass along the information to you.

- If you have unspent Facebook Credits, we're assured these are still good on other Facebook applications. You will not lose them.

- If you have any unclaimed achievement codes, the NTK redemption page here on Neopets.com will remain open so you can claim your prizes. Be sure to write down your codes ASAP so you have them before the game comes down.

We will also be sending out a virtual item code to all Neopets: Treasure Keepers players that can be redeemed at Grundo's Warehouse for a set of items and Neopoints. We know it doesn't make up for the closure, but we want to say thank you for all the support you've shown NTK over the past few months. Please look for this code in your inbox in the coming days.

Again, we apologise for the short notice and thanks very much for playing NTK.

- The Neopets & Meteor Games Teams
Anyone know what happened? It seems strange to pull the game - rather than just cease updates.
Fjorab_Teke

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

No idea. This is only my speculation, but i guess the issues with all the glitches plus the (as far as i can tell) low rate of signups made it not worth them continuing.

The thing that negates that, though, is the sheer abruptness of the cutoff. I think they first mentioned it only 2-3 days before that.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Not my cup of tea but it looked fun and cute. Shame it's gone, and so quickly (though Meteor Games does have something of a reputation for suddenly terminating their projects... Twin Skies and VPN for instance).

I was looking for a bit more information on this but the MG website/forum appears to be down currently. I hope the whole shebang hasn't gone to the wall.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

It looked like fun, but at the same time a bit too childish for me to want to play on facebook (Its the cybunny and the usul I guess.) More so when officially under 13's aren't allowed on facebook. Of course loads of them are.

The art was certainly pretty though!