New Plot? Something Is Attacking Krawk Island

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Captain_Awesome

Re: New Plot? Something Is Attacking Krawk Island

Post by Captain_Awesome »

It hasn't shrunken; it's been pulled underwater.
Which doesn't make much sense unless the island was floating, which in itself doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Considering TNT themed all of today's Poems but still haven't acknowledged this I don't know what to think.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

The Neopia article implies that krawks originated in Tyrannia but some of the petpets migrated to Krawk Island. I think it is a case of doing two things independently and having to make up an explanation to have it make sense after the fact.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Captain_Awesome wrote:It hasn't shrunken; it's been pulled underwater.
Which doesn't make much sense unless the island was floating, which in itself doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Considering TNT themed all of today's Poems but still haven't acknowledged this I don't know what to think.
Also, the image with the tentacles is back. Perhaps they're waiting for the weekend to start the plot?
thelonetiel wrote:The Neopia article implies that krawks originated in Tyrannia but some of the petpets migrated to Krawk Island. I think it is a case of doing two things independently and having to make up an explanation to have it make sense after the fact.
I never argued that the Krawks didn't come from Tyrannia, I just wanted to put the page up here for reference. I'm glad you linked to that article, though.

*Edit - in Friday's (15th day of Swimming, Y13) Neopian Times:
WHAT IS GOING ON WITH KRAWK ISLAND?! First it's surrounded by tentacles, then it disappears, then it reappears and is surrounded with tentacles again. So, I repeat, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH KRAWK ISLAND??!!! ~azienskieth
Pay no attention to whatever you think you saw that might have gone up a bit too early and has now reverted back to what it's supposed to be until such time as it may or may not change back to the thing you weren't supposed to see.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I wish they would hurry up and start this thing already! It feels like forever and I want to know more!! /end tantrum
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

That Neopian Times reply is vague as any we've ever had from them, and yet, I love it. I'm looking forward to a plot. I'm hoping for a nice balance of seeking for stuff on the site, a game or two and puzzles. I love the puzzles most of all. Throwing some battles in there is nice, as well, though I don't really have a good BD pet quite yet.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

The first day is up, and all but a tiny spot is clickable on the map. Nothing on Krawk Island is accessible. Apparently you're searching for the rest of the submerged island by blindly clicking in random places:

http://www.neopets.com/pirates/disappea ... rect.phtml

You'll find items, and parts of the island will resurface.
Spoiler: open/close
The goal is to click on a spot to find a locked treasure chest that requires NC to open.
*grumble...can't gamble, FC is gone....*complain*
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Usul_Princess wrote:
The goal is to click on a spot to find a locked treasure chest that requires NC to open.
According to Jellyneo, the chest just contains a Pirate Petpet-themed item, so I don't see that it's any more important than the other items being salvaged. I figure the real goal won't become apparent until we have more information.
I'm pretty excited about this, whatever it is. (There's no comic that would suggest a plot, but then the Altador mini-plot did perfectly fine without one.) It'll be a bit disheartening if Krawk Island really is gone, but unlike the very early days of Neo when places appeared and disappeared on a whim, I refuse to believe something good won't come out of all this. In the meantime, I'm having fun searching, and I love the name of the boat!

It's also nice to see a character (Gavril) who actually looks like the species he's meant to be, even if he is wearing a wig. Wigs are allowed, in my personal judgement.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I wasn't finding much after an hour or so. I went back to the main page to click on more areas later, but it won't let me go past the main page and click more. Anyone else having this problem?
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

It won't let me search anymore, either. I think the page said there was a limit to how many tries you had per day?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You get to search 5 map squares a day.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Maybe this will bring about the Thieves Guild. :O
Image Image
ImageImage
Bif

Post by Bif »

So glad I read this! I thought you could only search one block and use the five searches within that as your five. I'm glad I didn't miss out.

Can't wait to search again tomorrow and see how this plot goes. I haven't fully participated in any plot really. But I have a semi-ok (maybe) battlepet now and can be on most days so fingers crossed for this one!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Looks like this will be a fun little mini-plot, probably on the scale of Cydodrake's Gaze. :)
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

This is groovy, I got a whole bunch of books out of my searches yesterday. Loks like it could be a mini-mini-plot or group activity, possibly another deflationary exercise if it's giving out lots of items?

Was I the only person to see 'Gavril' but read 'Bovril'?
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:I'm pretty excited about this, whatever it is. (There's no comic that would suggest a plot, but then the Altador mini-plot did perfectly fine without one.) It'll be a bit disheartening if Krawk Island really is gone, but unlike the very early days of Neo when places appeared and disappeared on a whim, I refuse to believe something good won't come out of all this. In the meantime, I'm having fun searching, and I love the name of the boat!

It's also nice to see a character (Gavril) who actually looks like the species he's meant to be, even if he is wearing a wig. Wigs are allowed, in my personal judgement.
Perhaps they wanted to redo Krawk Island. Faerieland was changed this way, and might be again in the future. They may also decide to move Krawk Island somewhere else.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.