New Plot? Something Is Attacking Krawk Island

Post anything new on Neopets here.
Goldenchaos

Re: New Plot? Something Is Attacking Krawk Island

Post by Goldenchaos »

I stashed my keys and treasure chests.. Would I still be able to open them even after this part of the event is over?
Image Image
ImageImage
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

There's a new plot step out now. You're in charge of bringing the islands back together via Pirate Sudoku. I swear I'm not making that up. =p

Just reading the directions is a little confusing (at least it was for me - but then again, I tend to be very slow on the uptake). But the puzzle works exactly like Sudoku with little pirate pawns instead of numbers. So if you know how to play that, you're good to go. This first puzzle is very easy, I'm guessing they'll release more difficult ones each day.
Kari

Post by Kari »

They're getting pretty difficult now, at least for me. I'm not the biggest Sudoku fan.
derp
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yep, this one took me probably around 10 minutes to clear. The block patterns are becoming quite tricky now. I'm enjoying the mental gymnastics though.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Silver Link

Post by Silver Link »

I suck at Sudoku but I am happy that they made the whole thing easier by graying out the pieces that are in the wrong places when you're set to sail
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I usually suck horribly at sudoku but these have been surprisingly fun so far. I'm sure by the end I'll be cursing them, but for now I'm quite enjoying this step and it's not nearly as repetitive as finding the islands were!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I normally don't play Sudoku at all, but these are fun! My little brother is a big Sudoku fan and he said there should be no guessing, that if you look closely you can always figure out your next move. He was right, and I haven't made any mistakes on the last two.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I had to guess at the start of this one - I couldn't see an obvious move (though I expect there is one in there somewhere). Fortunately it worked out OK. Took ages though!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Today's was a bit harder and I ended up having to move some of my purple and blue guys around before submitting a second time! Are there three or four left? I wonder what the last one will be like! I'm still really enjoying this and kind of hope they add it as an all-the-time game.
Kari

Post by Kari »

I've been submitting obviously wrong ones to check my placement, but so far I haven't had to submit more than twice.
derp
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Oh I'd love to have this puzzle as a permanent site game. I hadn't thought of that before. It's a great idea. I wonder if toward the end we'll get puzzles where a lack of starting crew members forces us to guess until we get the right combination.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I wish there was some way you could save it, so if you realise you've screwed up later on you could just reload it instead of clearing it and then popping things back into the same places. This latest one has got me stumped at the moment, I keep on getting 3/4 there and then realising I'm stuck. :-s

I'd also like this as a permanent game! I added Roodoku to my favourites yesterday but staring at a mass of numbers gives me a headache after a while.

Edit: Finally got it figured out after saying sod it and submitting one I knew was set out wrong.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I haven't had to submit any of the games more than once - I'm a big fan of this sort of Sudoku. If you're having trouble, it does help to chart the game board and write down the potential moves like you would Sudoku (you know, writing down the little numbers before you make your mind up) because often doing a move will make another obvious, but you can't really see that if you're doing it entirely on screen. Even Roodoku lets you set little numbers, I'm sure. As far as I can tell, these are proper Sudoku in that you shouldn't have to guess at any stage - if you find you're guessing, have a look at the colour blocks more closely, because often they narrow down where a piece can be placed in a column of multiple colours. For example, if there's a yellow space, you can't place a Boatswain there if there's a Boatswain anywhere else in the yellow, but their weird shapes don't make that as obvious as normal Sudoku.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Xelio wrote:Oh I'd love to have this puzzle as a permanent site game.
Me too.
I think the difficulty level is perfect and it's very fun to solve.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Jumping on the "Make this game permanent plz!" bandwagon here. I never could get into Roodoku, but for some reason I really like this version. I think the odd shapes and different colors on the board actually helped me solve some of the harder puzzles, which I honestly didn't think I could do on my own.

Looks like this part of the event's just about over, though. Wonder what we'll be doing next? Another kind of puzzle or a couple of minor battles would be peachy.